No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A record day of 298 out of 2.6 million people in Dallas County. Statewide an additional 121 hospitalizations and a positivity rate of 7.55%
    Last edited by jdmee; June 10, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
      I have a bad feeling many people think COVID-19 is over and we could see a huge spike of new cases. Wearing a mask in public is not that bad especially if it can save another spurt of the virus.
      Thank you Shocker brother! Every time we stop an infection we possibly save a life down the road. Let's starve this bastard virus out at the source - us.

T

Comment

• To put things in perspective: during influenza season (Oct-Apr) we can expect around 500 daily deaths when things are peaking (Feb). With Covid-19 having "disappeared", we just had nearly 1,100 deaths yesterday - in June - and have had only one day under 500 deaths since this entire debacle began.

With the Spanish flu it was the 2nd wave that smoked everybody. If we have that 2nd wave with El Corona we'll be back to thousands daily dying again. We've done everything necessary to seed the 2nd wave (riots, protests, bars/restaurants packed), let's hope lady luck shines down on us with some UVC rays.

T

Comment

• It's sad to go to a store and be one of the few to still be wearing a mask. I wish we still had the daily virus briefings on TV so others realize this is serious and NOT OVER. We are only asking for another dose of this virus and it could be worse than the first time around. STAY SAFE & HEALTHY.

Comment

It's sad to go to a store and be one of the few to still be wearing a mask. I wish we still had the daily virus briefings on TV so others realize this is serious and NOT OVER. We are only asking for another dose of this virus and it could be worse than the first time around. STAY SAFE & HEALTHY.
            Racism is the real killer!
            Livin the dream

Comment

I have a bad feeling many people think COVID-19 is over and we could see a huge spike of new cases. Wearing a mask in public is not that bad especially if it can save another spurt of the virus.
              Hayesville retirement home has an outbreak (22 cases reported so far) and then at a Catholic Church in Wichita.

Comment

• So far the CV cases we've seen in Kansas have been from travelers who've come back and initiated community transfer. Geographical trfr hasn't reached Kansas yet. CV has moved through the South after migrating from the east coast.

Missouri and Oklahoma are among the states with the highest increases in CV cases. Geographical person-to-person transmission can cause greater virus growth than travelers who bring the virus. There are more people likely to cross the border between Missouri and Oklahoma than there are people likely to be traveling to and from the east coast.

The simple solution is to wear a mask. Everybody, regardless of vulnerability or symptoms wears a mask. That virtually eliminates the spread of the virus and eradicates it within 3 to 6 weeks.

The stock market recovers. The economy recovers, Unemployment drops radically. Small businesses have a chance to survive. It's really that simple.

CV can only survive by establishing in new human hosts. Masks are effective at preventing spreading the virus from those infected.

Is it worth the sacrifice of freedom to not wear a mask if wearing a mask saves our economy?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• In Kansas
                  ---
                  For the past three weeks, the total number of people visiting the ER with flu-like symptoms almost exactly equals the number of people with flu-like symptoms for the same weeks the prior two years.

Remarkably, the total number of deaths of coronavirus and influenza illnesses combined, were LESS than the average number of influenza deaths alone the prior two flu seasons.

Between Sept. 1 through May 31st:

2017-2018: 1,722 deaths from flu-like illnesses
                  2018-2019: 1,439 deaths from flu-like illnesses
                  2019-2020: 1,516 deaths from flu-like illnesses (includes coronavirus)

In Sedgwick County
                  ---
                  The total number of hospital admissions for the 30 day period from May 10th through June 6th was only 15 total, though 7 of them happened between May 31st and June 6 (the last week for which there is data).

The total number of hospital discharges from May 10th through June 6th was 14, though 8 of those were in the first week.

Those numbers are very low and indicate that Sedgwick County is not having a coronavirus crisis at the moment. However the 7 admissions in the last week indicate that it should be watched closely to see if we are in a growth trend.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    So far the CV cases we've seen in Kansas have been from travelers who've come back and initiated community transfer. Geographical trfr hasn't reached Kansas yet. CV has moved through the South after migrating from the east coast.

Missouri and Oklahoma are among the states with the highest increases in CV cases. Geographical person-to-person transmission can cause greater virus growth than travelers who bring the virus. There are more people likely to cross the border between Missouri and Oklahoma than there are people likely to be traveling to and from the east coast.

The simple solution is to wear a mask. Everybody, regardless of vulnerability or symptoms wears a mask. That virtually eliminates the spread of the virus and eradicates it within 3 to 6 weeks.

The stock market recovers. The economy recovers, Unemployment drops radically. Small businesses have a chance to survive. It's really that simple.

CV can only survive by establishing in new human hosts. Masks are effective at preventing spreading the virus from those infected.

Is it worth the sacrifice of freedom to not wear a mask if wearing a mask saves our economy?
                    If that was a promise, I’d stand with you on that. Two weeks to flatten the curve. The curve flattened in April. 6 weeks of wearing a mask. I have no doubt that you are sincere. I would stand with you. Unfortunately, I have no goodwill left in me for any more gov regs on Covid.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• It's an obvious fact that wearing a mask cuts down on respiratory disease transmission. All one has to do is look at the Asian countries and witness their low death counts. Those cultures practically wear masks to bed. It's like a fashion statement for them.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/healt...rnd/index.html

One of the main reasons I'm a Conservative is due to the importance I place on human character - and more specifically - accountability. I don't care if you are on the Left or the Right; if you are honest, responsible, hard-working, and considerate of others rights, I'll likely approve of your existence.

So I remain sorely disappointed in Republicans who've taken the low road when it comes to Covid. This resistance to wearing a highly effective prophylactic aid - even though it directly contributes to the Life and Liberty of others - is disappointing. The Libtards are crazy with wanting to permanently shut down the country until the last runny nose is dry, but the Right is absolutely criminal by not wearing masks when out in public.

Speaking of criminal... if we had the technology to identify a fingerprint on transmitted Coronavirus, I would support a 2nd or 3rd degree murder charge for infected people that seek out populated areas. Wearing a mask is not anymore an infringement on a person's rights as telling them not to leave a loaded gun on the kitchen table or speed down neighborhood roads. Covid-19 is a deadly and unusual virus that spreads and kills at a much higher rate than the already fairly potent Influenza virus. It's clear that the only solution we have at the moment is to space out a bit AND wear a mask in public. A side benefit of those actions will result in other seasonal sicknesses being stifled. This has already happened with the flu. This is a no-lose proposition.

So wear the "silly" thing and stop acting like a big baby. The life you save might be your loved one's.

T

Comment

• https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ronavirus.html

Here's a great study on accountability. Read the following three statements:

1) Ethan Snyder felt exhausted last Friday as he took to the streets for a seventh straight night. He figured a week of protesting alongside thousands of fellow Portlanders would wipe anybody out. But when his fatigue morphed into a fever, aches and body chills over the next few days, Snyder, 19, decided he should get tested for COVID-19.
                        He believes the positive result that came Tuesday stems from the many hours he spent marching, chanting and avoiding tear gas, often among throngs of tightly packed strangers. “It’s the most likely reason why I have it,” said Snyder, a Franklin High School graduate who now studies ecology at Washington University in St. Louis.

2) He’s now recovering at his family’s home in Southeast Portland’s Richmond neighborhood.

3) “I’d rather have gone and gotten sick than not gone at all,” he said.

Clueless and a total waste of humanity.

T

Comment

• https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...ransplant.html

20 year old woman receives a double lung transplant after Covid riddles her lungs with holes and they fuse to her chest cavity.

But masks are a real pain to put on right?

T

Comment

• It is hard believe people are so hung up on wearing the mask. It is proven this will help cut the spread of this dreaded disease. Stop the spread and then the economy can get back to normal. There is NO reason not to wear a mask.

Comment

• My wife dragged me to two malls today in search of a pair of Oakley's. Suffice it to say, there was no social distancing going on.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It is hard believe people are so hung up on wearing the mask. It is proven this will help cut the spread of this dreaded disease. Stop the spread and then the economy can get back to normal. There is NO reason not to wear a mask.
                                Stay at home so the economy can get to normal. I did for six weeks. Don’t take hydroxychloroquine because it is killing people. I didn’t. Don’t protest against the stay at home orders. I didn’t. Peacefully protest against racism. I did. Wear a mask to prevent the spread at work. For two weeks, and for the foreseeable future, I will.

They tell me what I must do everyday. They told me to stay away from work because #STEMisracist. They let me know what color of box to tweet to show my support.

#STEMisracist and the decision over which protests are healthy and which ones aren’t demonstrates the conspiracy of the left to control the culture. So tweet your black squares and wear your mask so you know who is a virtuous ideologue. I’ve had enough.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X