Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Prediction: If the extraordinary measures being taken by companies, organizations, and individuals to slow the potential hospital crisis actually work; large amounts of people that sluff this off as a nothing-burger will say "See I told you it wasn't a problem."
    And the rest of you well never admit you were wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/d...irus-coverage/
      I'm not clicking ANY political links. Period.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wrong about what, exactly?

Comment

• Positive case confirmed at Wesley Medical Center. Patient had just gotten back from a cruise.

A spokesperson for Wesley Medical Center confirms the patient who tested presumptive positive for the novel coronavirus has been released from the hospital.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

You know the scene in The Matrix where Neo is getting shot at and he does that whole bend backwards to avoid the bullets in super slow mo. You're doing that right now. Its impressive.

It's not my responsibility to either debunk or substantiate someone else's claim that you took exception with.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              Positive case confirmed at Wesley Medical Center. Patient had just gotten back from a cruise.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/We...568770071.html
              You wonder how many people he/she has been in contact with? The old 'snowball effect'. Yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                Positive case confirmed at Wesley Medical Center. Patient had just gotten back from a cruise.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/We...568770071.html
                That is a little strange. Your link says that it is the first Confirmed Presumptive case of Coronavirus. I would imagine that the patient has been tested, and doesn't the test confirm or deny the virus?

The information I was reading yesterday was that we had four coronavirus patients in Kansas, all in Johnson County (3) and Wyandotte County (1 who died). It went on the say that 41 had been tested and they didn't have it. Therefore, I would suspect that our Wesley patient has been tested but then they say "presumptive". That is really double talk. The Eagle still doesn't have a link to the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That is a little strange. Your link says that it is the first Confirmed Presumptive case of Coronavirus. I would imagine that the patient has been tested, and doesn't the test confirm or deny the virus?

The information I was reading yesterday was that we had four coronavirus patients in Kansas, all in Johnson County (3) and Wyandotte County (1 who died). It went on the say that 41 had been tested and they didn't have it. Therefore, I would suspect that our Wesley patient has been tested but then they say "presumptive". That is really double talk. The Eagle still doesn't have a link to the story.
                  Presumptive means they tested positive at the hospital's lab. It has NOT been confirmed by the CDC, but it IS confirmed by an independent lab. Consider it a confirmed case.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

It's not my responsibility to either debunk or substantiate someone else's claim that you took exception with.
                    But you'll cry because someone one MSNBC said "WuHan Coronavirus"

LOL

Comment

Prediction: If the extraordinary measures being taken by companies, organizations, and individuals to slow the potential hospital crisis actually work; large amounts of people that sluff this off as a nothing-burger will say "See I told you it wasn't a problem."
                      Ok I will bite. Please define the criteria to determine how to measure the two sides. We know one side states that 80% infection rate with at least 3% death rate. So 10 to 11 NBA players lives have been saved.

I will compare that to my kids school. 0 cases have been reported in our county. They are still having school and monitoring the situation. So they have around 3000 kid in the high school. 72 of them are doomed.

Or maybe there is a middle ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You wonder how many people he/she has been in contact with? The old 'snowball effect'. Yikes!

i have heard it was actually a doctor from Wesley, so there is probably a good chance they were taking precautions to minimize exposure.

it does seem like the State is keeping a tight control of information. They were providing more detailed information in their daily updates, but have scaled back.

Comment

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/d...irus-coverage/
                          Lol Dr. Oz.

Comment

I wrote this analogy on my Facebook page that speaks to this:
                            If you had a grass fire start in your backyard, and the statistics tell you there is a 98% chance that it will burn itself out, do you just let it burn for awhile to find out and risk it getting to your house where it could become a big problem? After all, it is likely to burn out on its own.

Would you let it burn? Doubtful. You would take steps immediately to douse the fire if possible, or at least hold it at bay until more help arrived.

Here's the deal, though. Because you took action when the incident was small, you will never know whether it would have stayed small and burned out on its own or if it would have engulfed your house in fire.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              I will compare that to my kids school. 0 cases have been reported in our county. They are still having school and monitoring the situation. So they have around 3000 kid in the high school. 72 of them are doomed.
                              Kids so far are not at high risk. So that 72 number is probably much closer to 0 unless you have some with compromised immunity systems. The risk is they will bring it home and give it to you or maybe to your parents (who probably are in the higher risk category).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Kids so far are not at high risk. So that 72 number is probably much closer to 0 unless you have some with compromised immunity systems. The risk is they will bring it home and give it to you or maybe to your parents (who probably are in the higher risk category).
                                Then i will let you know how our county does. We know the only valid solution is the mass cancellation of everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X