Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    My bottom line is I want to see us have a successful program, done the right way with good kids regarless of where they come from.
    +1

Comment

• I trust coach and staff will do their best to bring in the right core of players with talent. personally I really hope we extend an offer to relina johnson of east high school or cheyenne bullock of southeast high school. (they will lead the city league in scoring guranteed)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        It looks like Jody is trying. We have the three offers to 3 young local players that I know of. Jaylin Agnew and the 2 South kids. Looks like Jody might be trying the get to them as early as possible strategy. I have no idea if Jody pursued Katie or not and if she did how aggressive she was. Didn't someone post awhile back that Heights Coach Kip Pulliam doesn't care that much for WSU (or at least the WSU women's BB program)??? I might be dreaming that. Not sure if that is true or not but that can sure make it difficult to attract a local kid IF their Coach is not in your corner. Hard enough to convince local kids not to go away to college. If their Coach is encouraging them to go away to college then you have an almost impossible task.

We may eventually pick up a strong local player and, then again, maybe we won't. Hope it happens but if not we will just have to do the best we can with the best out of area players.

My bottom line is I want to see us have a successful program, done the right way with good kids regardless of where they come from. Hopefully, we can get to that point on a consistent basis and then maybe more of the local kids will want to hang around.
        Well said. And you were not dreaming. Kip is not a Shocker WBB or Jody Fan.

Comment

• Not a Kip fan here.

Comment

• he has always been that way,kip is a different kind of guy. but he knows how to win and keeps talent at heights

Comment

• a prik

Comment

• anyone else ready for the season to start,can't wait til november gets here. I know the ladies have been working hard

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                  anyone else ready for the season to start,can't wait til november gets here. I know the ladies have been working hard
                  Once school starts this month they get 120 minutes per week with the coaches working on basketball skills. Typically they break it up into three 40 minute days that fit into all of the girl's class schedules. The key is to stay within the 120 minutes by NCAA rule.

Comment

• I really want our bigs to show how all the hard work this off season has paid off

Comment

• Have not heard this name previously but it looks like there is a lot of competition for her services. Tesha Smith is a 6'1" post for Wagner HS in San Antonio.

From She's Ballin' blog: http://shesballin.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 17, 2012Hot in July!!!

The 1st half of July has been good to a lot of local teams and players. More on them to come! One kid is crazy hot right now!!

Tesha Smith(2013)- Smitty has been on a 10 day game tear. Her huge double doubles in wins vs NJ Sparks Elite, Cal Ballerz and Albany Rocks cemented her status as one of the best bigs in Texas. In the two days of communication, she has received love from Texas Tech, Alabama, Ole Miss, USC, TCU, UCF, Tulsa, Marshall, Southern Illinois, Arkansas Little Rock, SMU, NMST, UTSA, UNT, Wichita St.

All in less the two days!

Comment

• wow sounds like a player,have to find a vid or more info on her. thx 1972

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Sounds like Tesha may be a bit of a late bloomer. No idea how hard the Shocks might be on her or any of the other teams listed for that matter. Obviously she seems to have raised her stock greatly with her AAU play this summer. it's a long ways between love and signing on the bottom line especially with so many schools potentially involved. But when it comes to recruiting you have to get as many lines in the water as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X