No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In men's basketeball the recruiting services stay on top of verbal commitments pretty well. Not sure what their sources are. The same depth of information simply doesn't seem to exist that I am aware of for the women. Probably not enough general interest outside of maybe the top level players.

Last year we knew about Alie Decker's verbal commitment in May 2011 from an ariticle in NewsOK.com but I don't think we were aware of Michaela Dapprich until she signed her LOI based on what I could find in ShockerNet posts. So it is kind of hit or miss I think. With 4 verbals this year there is a good chance we may hear something prior to LOI signing on one or more of the recruits. Then again we may not.

Comment

• Here is one possible source that my pick up this information as some point. Nothing for 2013 yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        In men's basketeball the recruiting services stay on top of verbal commitments pretty well. Not sure what their sources are. The same depth of information simply doesn't seem to exist that I am aware of for the women. Probably not enough general interest outside of maybe the top level players.

Last year we knew about Alie Decker's verbal commitment in May 2011 from an ariticle in NewsOK.com but I don't think we were aware of Michaela Dapprich until she signed her LOI based on what I could find in ShockerNet posts. So it is kind of hit or miss I think. With 4 verbals this year there is a good chance we may hear something prior to LOI signing on one or more of the recruits. Then again we may not.
        Good point. A verbal commitment has no teeth to it, a recruit can change their mind, it merely stops schools from calling once they know the player has verbally committed. I know Jody tells her players who has committed verbally, and sometimes they tell others close to the program and it then appears on Shockernet. I do know the team is very excited about a top level point guard who has verbally committed for 2013-2014. I don't know her name.

Comment

• Thanx guys,and everybody thought Coach and staff would be in trouble after this year. I know that espn usually shows on there website the recruits and who has commited and who is going where,so ill be on the look out for that info. This news is very exciting,finally the ladies side can get some shine and exposure. Go lady shox!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            I do know the team is very excited about a top level point guard who has verbally committed for 2013-2014. I don't know her name.
            Obviously a big need and a position where immediate playing time will be available. Hopefully, Jody will be able to keep a point guard around for more than a season or two. So far the history has been Jacie Hoyt (1 year - transferred), Marisah Henderson (Juco Transfer - 2 years), Breanna Dawkins (1 year - transferred), Krystle Henderson (1 injury redshirt year and 1 year playing - transferred.) Fortunately, Jessica Diamond has developed into a pretty solid point guard although probably not her natural or best position and has perhaps bailed Jody out to some extent. Last year the team was clearly at its best when Jesscia was on the floor, whether that was at the 1 or the 2. That will no doubt be true again this year, perhaps to an even greater extent.

Comment

• I did find an article in the Branson Tri-Lake news in September 2011 regarding Michaela Dapprich committing to WSU prior to signing in November 2011.

Of course, finding these articles is sometimes like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.

Comment

• Ready to hear wat new recruits are going to come in to help the shockers out

Comment

• I think I found the two recruits who committed this past week.

Briana Jones and Kayla White out of the San Antonio area: http://shesballin.blogspot.com/

More research needed. And no I did not obtain any information from the coaching staff. Found on the 15th page of an internet search.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 24, 2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Awesome ready,wonder how tall these two ladies are. Be great to hear bout the other two that commited as well

Comment

• Jones if 5-11 and averaged 13.2 last year and White is 5-9 and averaged 12.7

Comment

• Ok,so I'm guessing that the other two recruits are post players then

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          It would still be a violation of NCAA rules. I'm not saying it doesn't happen with some regularity, but that doesn't mean that everyone is willing to do so. The whole point of the article I posted is that it does indeed happen all the time, but that the occasions where the journalists for whatever reason publicly acknowledge that they received information from a coach force schools to report violations. Even if you were a coach that didn't care about breaking the rule so long as it never was revealed that you said anything, would you trust a reporter to be discreet enough to guarantee that there would be no exposure of an NCAA violation, especially when the only thing you gain is fans knowing the names of verbal commits that they would have shortly found out about at the signing period anyway?
                          The only reason that I mentioned the journalist/coach relationship for getting stories is that sometimes Suellentrop and Kennedy have the story before anything is put on the internet. I don't know for sure how they know but they know before anyone else. I guess they could be told by others within the athletic department. The NY Times reported some national security stories and we know that these stories were gained lawfully but I digress. Sorry.

Comment

• Here is a highlight video for Kayla White (#34): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW__XUkoerQ

Nice looking athlete and nice looking game.

Kind of reminds me of Haleigh Lankster who was also 5'9".
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 25, 2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Action photo of Briana Jones (Madison HS) - January 2012

From She's Ballin February 2012 Tidbits: http://shesballin.blogspot.com/2012/...y-tidbits.html
                              Madison's Briana Jones is averaging 20 points a game in the last 3 games. She is doing this in the best district in the city. 26-5A is the toughest district in the city with 3 out of the top 8 teams in the SA Express-News Top 10.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 24, 2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Loving the updates! Finally some good things to balance out what the men team got going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X