• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now they can focus on recruting

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      Now they can focus on recruting
      Let's hope that will be the end of the turnover for this year, although OTWHC seems to think that it might not be. If Kristy Guffey decides to also move on then you could have a little hiccup in your recruiting as KG is the recruiting coordinator.

I'm with ShockTalk on this one. I am hoping for the best but this infusion of Dana Eikenberg into the staff does make me a little bit uneasy.

In any case, thank you to Carlai Moore for your 4 years of service as a Shocker. Seems like a very fine young lady. Not sure how much credit, if any, Carlai gets for the teams improvement over the past 4 years but she was on the staff and improve we did. Good luck to Carlai in her future endeavors.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Anyone else feel like our post is the biggest concern as far as recruiting goes?

Comment

Anyone else feel like our post is the biggest concern as far as recruiting goes?
          I gotta think a true point guard is our biggest concern. Jessica Diamond can't be called upon to be our point guard and leading scorer at the same time. Especially now that Haleigh in gone. We've lost 2 point guards in 2 years (Krystle Henderson and Breanna Dawkins). We have Chyna, Jazimen, Michelle will be back, and Kelsey has shown signs of improvement. I'm not worried as much about finding a giant to put in the middle as I am finding someone who can feed the ball to the players we have, at the right place and the right time. We can't expect Jess to play 40 minutes a game at the point.

Comment

Yea,but our girls cant be timid in the paint either.....i know darice will bring scoring ability aswell as alie decker,but we do need a true banger not finesse post player. Also I agree we need a true pass first,driving,good b ball iq pg aswell.

Comment

Yea,but our girls cant be timid in the paint either.....i know darice will bring scoring ability aswell as alie decker,but we do need a true banger not finesse post player. Also I agree we need a true pass first,driving,good b ball iq pg aswell.
              With our style of play, not sure a big banger will even fit in. If we attract another point, the key is if she will survive. We don't have a very good track record.

Comment

Coach system almost scares those girls,i kniw coach summit was tough on her guards so she proly has the same expectations. I kno they really like looking in the south to get their players,so here is to coach and staff finding a hidden gem out there

Comment

I wouldn't exactly describe Michelle Price as a finesse player. She is about as strong and physical as they get at 6'2" assuming she recovers 100% from her year off this past year due to health issues. I saw her (along with Haleigh, Krystle, Alex and Nicole) at the Shocker softball game yesterday. I did not talk to them but Michelle looks good and was in good spirits. Last time I did talk with her she seemed confident that she would be fully recovered for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I wouldn't exactly describe Michelle Price as a finesse player. She is about as strong and physical as they get at 6'2" assuming she recovers 100% from her year off this past year due to health issues. I saw her (along with Haleigh, Krystle, Alex and Nicole) at the Shocker softball game yesterday. I did not talk to them but Michelle looks good and was in good spirits. Last time I did talk with her she seemed confident that she would be fully recovered for this season.
                    Michelle has been playing pick-up at Koch and elsewhere. Developed a bit of a 15 footer. He is 6-0 at best as Kelsey towers over her. Let's get a point.

Comment

A point with some size!

Comment

A point with some size!
                        It is wait and see time. We should know by early June what the team looks like. Even if we don't pick up another player, we have a nice team that just needs to stay consistent throughout the season. We were in first place most of the Valley season and then folded. Hopefully the experience of the returners will not allow that to happen again.

Comment

Losing lankster is a tough loss,so yea I kno that they are in need of replacement concerning her. Alie decker may prove to be a steal for us aswell

Comment

Losing lankster is a tough loss,so yea I kno that they are in need of replacement concerning her. Alie decker may prove to be a steal for us aswell
                            So it is true; new DOBO from Drake returns. What will be next in the shake up. Hopefully all of this leads the team to the MVC title.

WICHITA - Wichita State University women's basketball head coach Jody Adams announced the hiring of Gerrett Spears as Director of Basketball Operations.

Spears returns to Wichita State where he served as a Graduate Assistant on Adams' staff in 2009-10 and 2010-11. Last year Spears was a member of the Drake University women's basketball staff as Coordinator of Basketball Operations.

A 2008 graduate of the University of Oklahoma, Spears was an assistant coach at Fort Scott Community College for two years. While at WSU, Spears earned his master's degree in Sports Management.

As a coach at Fort Scott, Spears helped develop Leondra Doomes-Stephens to Jayhawk East Conference Player of the Year accolades and a spot on the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-America Team.

At Wichita State and Drake, Spears specialized in video and day-to-day operations.

Comment

Wow,this is great news. Anything that is goin to strengthen the ladies program and help them become a better team then im all for it

Comment

Wow,this is great news. Anything that is goin to strengthen the ladies program and help them become a better team then im all for it
                                I still believe there will be more shake up. I too hope this leads us to a title.

Comment

Working...
                                X