• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All players named have no schools on there list

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      All players named have no schools on there list
      Maybe there is a reason for that. OTOH, if have no idea of the quality of this hoopgurlz site you are using. It may be the best women's recruiting site on the web. Generally, though, I don't think the recruiting information that is available for the women's game is even in the same universe as to what is out there for the men. In any case, the spring signing period will be here in a couple of weeks so maybe we will hear something then as far as any additional recruits for next year are concerned.

Comment

all info comes from espn.com/ncaaw hoopgurlz,its a legit source. Tryna do.my part to help strengthen lady shox hoops

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I wondered about Krystle. Something just did not seem right with her in the last half of the season and I believe Jody made a comment on one of her radio shows that the point guard position was a high priority in recruiting for this spring and/or next year. So that would not be totally surprising.
          Went to the women's banquet last night. It's official. Chrystal is not coming back. Leaving pretty disgruntled. As I have said; this program is not for the feint of of heart. It would be nice to have a true point. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            Went to the women's banquet last night. It's official. Chrystal is not coming back. Leaving pretty disgruntled. As I have said; this program is not for the feint of of heart. It would be nice to have a true point. Time will tell.
            Thanks, OTWHC. Did you get any sense of what Krystle was unhappy with? Playing time? Just not having fun? Coaches too tough on her?

Comment

Thanks, OTWHC. Did you get any sense of what Krystle was unhappy with? Playing time? Just not having fun? Coaches too tough on her?
              It wasn't playing time. Mixed messages from coaches. "Do I listen to Dana (dobo), Jody. I'm in the dog house, out of the dog house, don't know why. I believe we'll see changes in assistant coaches. Wouldn't surprise me if Dana is the #1 assistant as she was once Jody's boss. A break will be good for the players and coaches.

Comment

Wasn't Dana the cause for the SIU uprising? I thought players for SIU went to Jody for help. I'm somewhat confused about Dana on this staff, much less, possibly being the #1 assistant. Those that are in the know, please fill me in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Wasn't Dana the cause for the SIU uprising? I thought players for SIU went to Jody for help. I'm somewhat confused about Dana on this staff, much less, possibly being the #1 assistant. Those that are in the know, please fill me in.
                  +1

Comment

That would be my questions/concern? I thought the hiring of Dana as DOBO seemed a little odd at the time and, yes, Dana left the SIU program in pretty bad shape which seemed to steamroll on her once Jody left for Murray State. SIU still has not recovered. Another question is why is Dana even involved with players other than from an administrative standpoint? I thought a DOBO was a non-coaching position. Wish I knew more, but I am definitely not one of those in the know.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

That would be my questions/concern? I thought the hiring of Dana as DOBO seemed a little odd at the time and, yes, Dana left the SIU program in pretty bad shape which seemed to steamroll on her once Jody left for Murray State. SIU still has not recovered. Another quuestion is why is Dana even involved with players other than from an administrative standpoint? I thought a DOBO was a non-coaching position. Wish I knew more, but I am definitely not one of thos in the know.
                      The players say she is a problem. Chrystal spoke because she is leaving. If you watched the games closely you could see Dana was telling Jody who to put in. I see this as very unhealthy. Again; I predict changes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                        Again; I predict changes.
                        But will they be changes for the better if the do in fact take place? I have to admit my antennae went up the day they announced hiring Dana as DOBO. However, it is not like we have not had players leave prior to Dana's arrival either.

You would think that Jody would be an oustanding mentor for the point guards in our program with her resume as a PG on a national championship team. Yet, she has had 3 point guards leave the program in her 4 years. Jacie Hoyt, Breanna Dawkins and Kristle Henderson and all of them had a decent amount of playing time. This may not be of any signficance but sometimes when you have been really good at something you may not have the patience to deal with someone who just doesn't quite get it or doesn't quite do things the way you want or the way you did things.

In any case, I wish Krystle the best of luck and hopefully she will land on her feet and complete her degree.

Comment

First, I can't believe an adiministrator would have allowed Jody to hire Dana in the first place. After what had transpired at SIU I don't see how anyone would hire her...and how Jody would want her on her staff. You can see by just watching that there is a lot of questions about Dana. How is she allowed to do ANY coaching? A DOBO is not allowed to coach, but this goes on and one during a game. HOW? Sometimes I wonder who is the head coach here and last I remember....Kristy is the #1 assistant and a good one too. I am sure she can't be too thrilled about Dana. I think she needs to move on and get her own head job somewhere or just leave. Should be interesting to see what happens in the off season. Players leaving every year should be a red flag to administration as well. Players should not be leaving EVERY year. How do expect to build a program with players leaving all of the time?

Comment

I find it real interesting that I have seem to open up a pandora's box with my question about Dana. I thought about asking the same question back when she was hired, held off, and then when no one else seemed to mind, I kept my mouth shut as my knowledge about the women's basketball program is lacking compared to most who post here. Maybe I just missed reading those posts if they were there. Nevertheless, I agree, I thought this was not only a strange hire given her problems in the past, but also a potentially awkward for Jody and especially for the other assistants. And for what it's worth, surprised ADES didn't strongly recommend Jody look elsewhere for a DOBO/assistant.

Comment

I find it real interesting that I have seem to open up a pandora's box with my question about Dana. I thought about asking the same question back when she was hired, held off, and then when no one else seemed to mind, I kept my mouth shut as my knowledge about the women's basketball program is lacking compared to most who post here. Maybe I just missed reading those posts if they were there. Nevertheless, I agree, I thought this was not only a strange hire given her problems in the past, but also a potentially awkward for Jody and especially for the other assistants. And for what it's worth, surprised ADES didn't strongly recommend Jody look elsewhere for a DOBO/assistant.
                              I watched Guffey's body language at the banquet. She is not a happy camper. There are some repeat episodes from Dana's past that have apparently happened with this team that are hear-say so I'd rather not type it and of course, Krystal is not happy so she will lay it all out. I predict, Dana is #1 assistant, Kristie Guffey is gone, Bridgette will stay as she recruited "Bug" and Nicole and doesn't need the money, C. Moore probably gone. I would like to just watch games and not get caught up in this, I'm too old; probably need to pick a new hobby. :-)

Comment

For those that don't remember or know about the turmoil at SIU:

CARBONDALE - After a tumultuous season, Southern Illinois University women's basketball coach Dana Eikenberg's conduct is under scrutiny as the result of allegations made by several players.

Comment

Working...
                                X