Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I wasn't sure how far it went. I did know that spring was a long one.

Generally I would think a coach would like to get the LOI's ASAP. Just seems to me that the longer you go the less likely you are to nab a good quality signee. However, I have nothing at all to back that up other than a gut feeling.

Comment

It also gives players more time to take official visits after the season.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        It also gives players more time to take official visits after the season.
        Good point. And that is no doubt a factor impacting the timing in some cases.

Comment

Be nice if it was a way to see who wsu is giving interest,an who we have a shot at getting.....

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
            Be nice if it was a way to see who wsu is giving interest,an who we have a shot at getting.....
            Since coaches can't comment on recruits, it is up to the media to report these things. The women's game just doesn't have the media infrastructure that the men's game does for recruiting. There are fewer scouting services following recruiting efforts and pumping out info for the women than for the men. Even if the local media wants to report on a school's recruiting, they can't learn much from the coaches and they don't have many leads to follow from national recruiting services.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thanx for the info hat man,never knew why nothing was being said.....

Comment

Thanx for the info hat man,never knew why nothing was being said.....
                \

Just heard assistant coach Carlai Moore is moving on. I bet Guffey is next. Just a rumor, didn't hear it from the horses mouth.

Comment

Aw wow,we cant be losing ppl left and right!?

Comment

Aw wow,we cant be losing ppl left and right!?
                    We're pikers compared to the SIU when it comes to player turnover:

As budget impasse closes centers on campus and jeopardizes the future of college students, Saluki students seem apathetic  Illinois’ eight-month budget impasse has handicapped programs, under-funded community services and put all public universities in a proverbial chokehold while state legislatures wait to see who will blink first. It’s a game of politics between the governor...

I think that is 13 players in 3 years under the current coach and things weren't exactly rosy in Dana Eikenberg's last couple of years either.

Comment

Yea we have to do something different,especially if the woman wanna gain respect and get more exposure....

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        We're pikers compared to the SIU when it comes to player turnover:

As budget impasse closes centers on campus and jeopardizes the future of college students, Saluki students seem apathetic  Illinois’ eight-month budget impasse has handicapped programs, under-funded community services and put all public universities in a proverbial chokehold while state legislatures wait to see who will blink first. It’s a game of politics between the governor...

I think that is 13 players in 3 years under the current coach and things weren't exactly rosy in Dana Eikenberg's last couple of years either.
                        My sources tell me there is a 6-6 lady hoopster visiting WSU. Don't know if she already visited. If we land 6-6 hopefully she stays and develops.

Comment

Wow 6'6!? Really what is her name??? That would be a great get. We desperatly need a big down low that can bang in the post and maybe step out and hit the jay aswell....go lady shox!!!!

Comment

Wow 6'6!? Really what is her name??? That would be a great get. We desperatly need a big down low that can bang in the post and maybe step out and hit the jay aswell....go lady shox!!!!
                            I heard a potential transfer from a Div. I school which would mean she would have to sit out. I guess she already visited. Don't know much more. I don't think we get too excited.

Comment

No name given as yet? An I can get excited about bein 6'6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                                \

Just heard assistant coach Carlai Moore is moving on. I bet Guffey is next. Just a rumor, didn't hear it from the horses mouth.
                                Did I call it or what :-) Won't be surprised if there are other moves.

WICHITA - Wichita State University head women's basketball coach Jody Adams announced today Carlai Moore is leaving her post as an assistant coach to pursue other interests. Dana Eikenberg, who served as the Director of Basketball Operations in 2011-12, will fill the role on Adams' staff.

"It has been exciting for me to see one my former players pursue her dreams of working with young kids and taking action within the community," Adams said of Moore. "Her passion helped make my vision of getting into the Wichita community come true and I couldn't have had a better person fill that role."

Moore served on Adams's staff in each of her four years at Wichita State, in addition to a season with Adams at Murray State. Previously, Moore played for Adams, as an assistant coach, at UMKC and Southern Illinois.

"What an incredible four years it has been here at Wichita State," Moore said. "It has truly been a blessing and filled with such great memories. Jody Adams is a great leader with great supporters and one heck of a team! I'm very excited and looking forward to their next accomplishments."

Eikenberg joined Wichita State last season as the program's Director of Basketball Operations. The former Missouri Valley Conference Coach of the Year brings head coaching experience from Southern Illinois and UMKC. She also served as an assistant at the University of Illinois, Indiana State, and the University of Iowa.

"I am excited to keep Dana here," Adams said. "Her experience and knowledge are invaluable. She has a real passion for teaching kids both basketball and life skills."

The Shockers are coming off arguably the most successful season in program history, after tying the school record with 20 wins and advancing to the second round of the WNIT in 2011-12.

Wichita State Women's Basketball

Comment

Working...
                                X