Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Does anyone know what it takes to earn a letter in WSU's women's basketball program?

The reason I ask is that this article from goShockers.com states that the Shockers have 8 letter winners returning next year.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

I am assuming that walk-on Brittany Taylor did not letter with a total of 25 mintues in 11 games played. If Nicole Wells, who played 69 minutes in 14 games, also did not letter than they would be counting Krystle Henderson as a returning letter-winner.

With all due respect to @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach I don't believe there has been an "official" announcement that Krystle is leaving. She did finish the semester as I saw her at a Shocker softball game a couple of weeks ago although that really doesn't mean much one way or the other. I wonder if it's possible they have worked things out with Krystle?

OTOH, if Nicole did letter than they that would point toward Krystle not returning.

Doesn't appear that they are going to sign any additional players for next year although they still have tomorrow remaining in the regular signing period. Perhaps they worked things out with Krystle and eliminated the need to sign a point guard.

@oldtimewomen's hoopcoach seemed pretty certain that Krystle was leaving and he has been on target regarding the coaching departures, so I am probably just grasping for straws of hope here.
    I don't live in Wichita, but when I'm here, I became a big Shox fan of women and men. I spoke with Chrystal. She told me she is out of here, will go to a JUCO and try to become a doctor. Pre-med at WSU wanting to be a doctor and we lost her. I'm not a happy fan as you can probably tell. Having played for a demanding coach, if you saw my post about a UCLA coach who taught me how to tie my shoes and roll up my socks. I saw great potential and now see trouble. I'm also surprised I can even do this posting. I still have my slide rule

Comment

• Kristy Guffey's replacement hired. Kirk Crawford who coached at Drake last year has been added to the staff. Looks like Kirk, who has 8 years experience as a D-1 assistant, is a solid replacement for Kristy. Time will tell. Maybe its good to get some male perspective on the staff and maybe that's irrelevant. Looks like Jody is picking off the pieces of Amy Stephens staff at Drake after she was let go.

Wichita State University women's basketball head coach Jody Adams named Kirk Crawford as assistant coach today.

Not sure WSU ever officialy announce Kristy was leaving, although I suppose that would have just been a formality.

In any case welcome to Wichita and good luck Kirk.

Comment

• Kirk is not a young pup. Here is his bio from Drake where he spent only 1 year.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Hopefully, he has developed some good recruiting relationships over the years.

Comment

Kristy Guffey's replacement hired. Kirk Crawford who coached at Drake last year has been added to the staff. Looks like Kirk, who has 8 years experience as a D-1 assistant, is a solid replacement for Kristy. Time will tell. Maybe its good to get some male perspective on the staff and maybe that's irrelevant. Looks like Jody is picking off the pieces of Amy Stephens staff at Drake after she was let go.

Wichita State University women's basketball head coach Jody Adams named Kirk Crawford as assistant coach today.

Not sure WSU ever officialy announce Kristy was leaving, although I suppose that would have just been a formality.

In any case welcome to Wichita and good luck Kirk.
          I think having a mixture of male and female; especially a mature male as Kirk appears to be is good for young women. On the surface this looks like a good move. You're right, time will tell. Looks like Kirk can really assist the post players.

Comment

• Here is a more detailed bio from his time at the Air Force Academy:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

He also is a competitive triathlete and cyclist and is currently ranked fifth nationally in his age-group.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Im ready for the season to start,just hope coach adams isnt done for the 2012 recruting year.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                Im ready for the season to start,just hope coach adams isnt done for the 2012 recruting year.....
                The regular signing period ended on May 16th, so it appears that we are done.

Comment

• Wow.....well here is to us maybe exceeding expectations this year. Really want to see the ladies succeed on and off the court.

Comment

Wow.....well here is to us maybe exceeding expectations this year. Really want to see the ladies succeed on and off the court.
                    Not surprising at all considering our recruiting coordinator has moved on to the high school ranks. Whether that was voluntary or involuntary I do not know. Whether it was the right move I do not know.

Hopefully, Jasmine Jones or one of the other returning players will be able to adequately back up Jessica at the point if Krystle does leave as has been reported here but not officially announced by Jody.

Comment

Not surprising at all considering our recruiting coordinator has moved on to the high school ranks. Whether that was voluntary or involuntary I do not know. Whether it was the right move I do not know.

Hopefully, Jasmine Jones or one of the other returning players will be able to adequately back up Jessica at the point if Krystle does leave as has been reported here but not officially announced by Jody.
                      Krystle is in Texas. Long gone and not happy!!! I'm hopeful, but I expect now that the coaches appear to be in place there could be some players ready to move on. I don't get it...

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                        Krystle is in Texas. Long gone and not happy!!! I'm hopeful, but I expect now that the coaches appear to be in place there could be some players ready to move on. I don't get it...
                        The semester ended on May 11th, so that would be the key point at which players would consider moving on without being concerned about any repercussions. Now whether any defections will be announced or whether they will try to keep it as quiet as possible (i.e. Guffey's departure and Krystle's apparent departure) remains to be seen. We may not know anything for sure until the 2012-13 roster is updated.

Comment

The semester ended on May 11th, so that would be the key point at which players would consider moving on without being concerned about any repercussions. Now whether any defections will be announced or whether they will try to keep it as quiet as possible (i.e. Guffey's departure and Krystle's apparent departure) remains to be seen. We may not know anything for sure until the 2012-13 roster is updated.
                          If all players return, we will have a nice roster of 12. Good experience and two recruits whe are unknowns if they can make an impact in year one. We have the players to make a run. Let's have a good summer and hope the team bonds, trains and has a positive outlook for 2012-2013.

Comment

• Totally agree,good team chemistry goes along way

Comment

Totally agree,good team chemistry goes along way
                              Today's Eagle states Krystal has transferred.

Comment

• Sorry if this has appeared on the thread, and I missed it.

Kirk Crawford is a new assistant coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X