Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Four

Shockers at Arkansas

Lineup: CC, Addison, Sami, Bailey, Taylor, Sydney, Mila, Lainee, Krystin with Alex in the circle. Morgan Leinstock (1.12 and 0.68) is in the circle for the Razorbacks. She has the second-most innings on the staff.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; February 24, 2024, 05:41 PM.

Comment

So it is Alex in the circle to start the game.

I see they moved Lainee down to the 8-hole. So based on results to this point this season that is a bit of a hole in the lineup.

Comment

CC walks to leadoff the game but is the only baserunner for either side in the first.

Taylor walks in the second and steals second with one out, but neither Mila nor Lainee can bring her home. Arkansas get a one-out runner on Sami's throwing error, but she remains there. 0-0 after two.

With one out in the third, CC cranks one out in right. Addie follows with a single, but two fielder's choice groundouts follow. 1-0 Shockers in the middle of the third.

The Razorbacks get a four-pitch walk with one out in their half of the third. After an out in a rundown, Arkansas gets a two-run homer. The Razorbacks have a 2-1 after three.

Leading off the Shocker fourth, Taylor walks again. Two three-pitch Ks follow before Lainee singles. A throwing error on Krystin's ground ball loads the bases. The Razorbacks change pitchers - twice through the lineup and they make a change? CC has her number? Camenzind (2.10 and 1.32) is in the circle. CC singles to score two runs, and runners are at third and second after the throw home. Four-pitch walk to Addie loads the bases. I wonder if it was intentional. Sami grounds out to end the Shocker half. 3-2 Shocks in the middle of the fourth.

The leadoff is hit by a pitch. An infield single and Arkansas has a threat with no outs. A single through the right-side scores one to tie the game. Lauren is in the circle with runners at first and second. After a srikeout, a single scores one and move the runner to third. Another single, another run. Runners at the corners and then a stolen base. A triple and the two runners are in. 7-3 'Backs and only one out. Four pitch walk. This is not good on several levels. Alison is on to pitch. The beat goes on. A single scores one. Runners advance on a passed ball. A hit batter loads the bases. A single scores one and the bases remain loaded. A double scores three more. 12-3. May be time to put Alex back in. A walk. A force out for the second out, but a run-scoring single follows. Throwing error by Lainee and the twelfth run of the inning scores. Long delay in the stats. Maybe HCKB is out here arguing, trying to get herself thrown out of the game so she doesn't have to watch anymore of this, and the umpire will not cooperate. Sophie Johnson is now catching! Hmm, wonder what will happen tomorrow. Was Lainee hurt on the previous play? A wild pitch score a run before a flyout ends the carnage. 15-3!! Razorbacks.

The Shockers need five runs to keep playing. Bailey walks to leadoff, and Taylor hits into a forceout. Caroline pinch-hits for Sydney and singles. It gets through the left fielder and Taylor scores. Two comebackers to the pitcher end the game.

Shockers 4-15 Arkansas

This game is not worth taking the team into the outfield to chew them out. The bus driver probably gets double time after 9 pm. Too expensive.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; February 24, 2024, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Back up the Hostess truck to DrWu’s house. Ding Dong’s for everyone!

Comment

CC Wong has been quite the find. Too bad we only have her for 1 year. Trying to come up with nickname for her. She sure square's up a lot balls and she is kind of built like SpongeBob. Maybe we should call her C-Squared.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              This is not good on several levels.
              Going down?

Comment

About to be run-ruled. Ouch.

Comment

20/20 hindsight says should have stayed with Alex having only thrown 37 pitches and the bottom 3 coming up. Who knows, maybe she said she was done. Hard to imagine fora competitive athlete locked up in a tie ball game against a top ranked team.

Comment

Sophie Johnson is now catching! Hmm, wonder what will happen tomorrow. Was Lainee hurt on the previous play?
                    If Lainee was injured that would explain the delay because in that case they would probably give Sophie some time to warm up. I believe this is Sophie's first action of the season so that removes the redshirt option. With that gone you may as well go ahead and play Sophie some this year with an eye to the future. Besides Lainee has not exactly been tearing it up anyway.

Comment

It is a little early to be sure, but Chloe may be pitching on Fridays and Sundays during conference play - against the top half or two-thirds of the conference at least.
                      After tonight Chloe may be pitching on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays against all of the teams in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

After tonight Chloe may be pitching on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays against all of the teams in the conference.
                        :)

And that was part of my "on several levels." 1) She is not contributing in the circle. 2) That puts pressure on the other pitchers to perform well because there is one less reliever. 3) Can she stay positive and contribute in other ways?

Comment

Howell was so ineffective she had to put in a tired Cooper, which made things worse. No reason to burn Barber, who should be ready to go tomorrow. Hopefully get out with a W and a 4-1 tournament record, which would be very good.

I must point out Illinois State is not terrible despite their record. Their schedule has been murderous and their pitching is actually pretty good. The good thing is their offense is subpar and will hopefully stay that way for one more game.

Comment

Assuming my memory is correct ...

Burning Sophie's redshirt suggests to me that Lainee is more than dinged up and may be out for awhile. I think (the memory thing) that Jessica Garcia caught a game or two for the Shockers in her first year. In the fall? At any rate, she has been back there and could catch one or two batters, saving Sophie's redshirt. Which suggests to me etc. etc.

Jessica played a lot as a sophomore and almost none the last 1+ years. I wonder what happened.

Comment

Assuming my memory is correct ...

Burning Sophie's redshirt suggests to me that Lainee is more than dinged up and may be out for awhile. I think (the memory thing) that Jessica Garcia caught a game or two for the Shockers in her first year. In the fall? At any rate, she has been back there and could catch one or two batters, saving Sophie's redshirt. Which suggests to me etc. etc.

Jessica played a lot as a sophomore and almost none the last 1+ years. I wonder what happened.
                              Good questions all and was not at the game so know as much as you on the injury. I didn’t know Johnson was redshirting?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Good questions all and was not at the game so know as much as you on the injury. I didn’t know Johnson was redshirting?
                                I don't know that it was ever publicly announced she was redshirting but she had not played yet this year. What we do know is that the redshirt option now has been eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                                X