Clear All

Very nice win!
    78-65

Comment

We may have a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Maybe.
        Maybe not. The Shockers knock off the Razorbacks 3-1 behind a fantastic performance in the circle by freshman Chloe Barber. A 7 inning complete game, allowing 5 hits (all singles) and 4 walks but striking out 15.

The Shocks may have themselves a power pitcher if they can keep her.

i am a little worried about the offense but we at least got some production our of the bottom half of the order in this one.

Comment

Down goes #14.

Really nice win.

Chloe Barber- complete game with 15 Strike Outs. Wow.

Their only score was on a wild pitch. Do you think she loads the bases just to toy with the opposition?

Comment

Can Chloe get an NIL deal with Vornado? With all those strikeouts she knows what a good, generated breeze feels like.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That’s how you win a ball game. Nicely done!

(wish baseball could have won too, grrrrr)

Comment

Q1 DUB.

15 wins may have been too conservative.

Comment

Fantastic effort by the ladies! 2 top 25 wins already? Watch out world!

Comment

Alison and Chloe were both very solid today in the circle. Lauren Howell not so much.

The offense really did not do all that much. Illinois State pretty much just gift wrapped the Shocks 7 runs on only 3 hits (2 singles and a double). Over the next 13 innings against Illinois State and Arkansas the Shocks only scored 3 runs on 8 hits (7 singles and a double).

With offense like we had over the last 13 innings of play today we might be able to win games with Chloe in the circle but it will be tough to have a successful season with that kind of output.

Comment

15 of 21 outs being strikeouts .. on the road at a Top 15 team .. for a Freshman .. .wow...

Comment

It is a little early to be sure, but Chloe may be pitching on Fridays and Sundays during conference play - against the top half or two-thirds of the conference at least.

Comment

Barber initially committed to Kansas City.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I'm betting that Arkansas may already be recruiting Chloe and working on a nice PTP (NIL) package for her.

And she keeps pitching like she did last night others will be doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Apologies, but do you have a source for that? Throwing mid-60s, I am a little surprised Wichita State would be in the hunt for her much less the Roos.

I did a little Googling, but I could not find anything about commitments other than the Shockers. There was a Showcase in KC, but that is not what you are talking about.

It is hard to tell from a dozen or so Showcase pitches, but it appeared Chloe mostly throws hard. Was she throwing rises? Drops? Curves, etc.? Hard to see. Definitely no changes. If mostly just hard, that may be why she is available to a (strong) mid-major. New pitches can be learned, but it takes a lot of time.

With the few Twitter/X videos we have seen, you can see the difference in styles between Chloe and, for example, Alison. Speed v movement.

We shall get to see her soon enough.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; February 24, 2024, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Apologies, but do you have a source for that? Throwing mid-60s, I am a little surprised Wichita State would be in the hunt for her much less the Roos.

I did a little Googling, but I could not find anything about commitments other than the Shockers. There was a Showcase in KC, but that is not what you are talking about.

It is hard to tell from a dozen or so Showcase pitches, but it appeared Chloe mostly throws hard. Was she throwing rises? Drops? Curves, etc.? Hard to see. Definitely no changes. If mostly just hard, that may be why she is available to a (strong) mid-major. New pitches can be learned, but it takes a lot of time.

With the few Twitter/X videos we have seen, you can see the difference in styles between Chloe and, for example, Alison. Speed v movement.

We shall get to see her soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X