• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Saturday Games

Illinois State 6-4 UT Arlington

Illinois State 0-7 Arkansas

Comment

I'm only here for the end of this, but here is a heading.

Game Five

Illinois State v Shockers

Comment

interesting that Chloe came in late in the UTA game .. didn't pitch in the Arkansas game last night ... now pitching today. Maybe arm just wasn't ready? Would have think you would have at least wanted to throw her vs Arkansas

Of note, through 3 innings .. 7 Ks 0 hits for Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Assuming my memory is correct ...

Burning Sophie's redshirt suggests to me that Lainee is more than dinged up and may be out for awhile. I think (the memory thing) that Jessica Garcia caught a game or two for the Shockers in her first year. In the fall? At any rate, she has been back there and could catch one or two batters, saving Sophie's redshirt. Which suggests to me etc. etc.

Jessica played a lot as a sophomore and almost none the last 1+ years. I wonder what happened.
          Lainee appears to be playing today.

Comment

Up 6-0 and Addy up with no place to put her.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              interesting that Chloe came in late in the UTA game .. didn't pitch in the Arkansas game last night ... now pitching today. Maybe arm just wasn't ready? Would have think you would have at least wanted to throw her vs Arkansas

Of note, through 3 innings .. 7 Ks 0 hits for Chloe
              Don't know much about softball, but guessing they aren't interested in wearing her out early in the season, especially with already a win over the Hogs and 2 total top 25 wins. Need Chloe healthy, fresh and strong when they get to post season. If she can get to late May that way, this could be a very dangerous team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Don't know much about softball, but guessing they aren't interested in wearing her out early in the season, especially with already a win over the Hogs and 2 total top 25 wins. Need Chloe healthy, fresh and strong when they get to post season. If she can get to late May that way, this could be a very dangerous team.
                That was my thought too .. but feel like plenty of other games to space her out too.

2 more Ks for her while we were having this discussion ..

Comment

I refuse to be superstitious.....to be clear, Chloe is perfect through 4. 9 Ks out of 12 ABs.

Wong has homered again, and continues to hit a fair amount over .500, 10 games into the season.

Shocks have left 5 on through 3.

Comment

Lineup changes I will note: Taylor is the DP, Mila is in right field, Caroline is at first base, and Sydney is sitting. And, yes, Lainee is playing.

Comment

• And then Chloe walks the bases loaded to start the fifth and gives up an RBI single. 6-1 as the Shockers come to bat in the bottom of the fifth.They have two-out singles by Krystin (yea!!) and CC, but Addie grounds out to end the fifth. 6-1.

In the Redbird sixth, another bunt single to add to the weekend total. Everybody cannot be that great at bunting. Chloe strikes out three more.

Doubles by Bailey and Lainee each score a run. Caroline singles, but Madyson, a pinch-runner, is out at the plate. Shockers, 8-1.

K, BB, K, BB. Chloe will get to 130 pitches again yet. :) Another K and she stops at 121.

Illinois State 1-8 Shockers

Chloe had sixteen strikeouts, five walks and two hits to move to 3-0 on the season. Among the ten hits for the Shocks are two by CC (homer and two RBI), Taylor (homer and two RBI), and Lainee (double).
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; February 25, 2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Chloe up to 13 Ks through 6 IP. Damn near perfect outside of the 5th

Outside of CC, batting averages for the year are kinda rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Need Chloe healthy, fresh and strong when they get to post season. If she can get to late May that way, this could be a very dangerous team.
                          Chloe and C-squared have certainly been very nice additions. That said I am looking ar more as IF they get to the post-season at this point.

Comment

• Chloe ties the program record for strike outs again with 15 ... one out to go

She gets the K to end it .. 16 Ks which should be a program record. 31 strikeouts in two starts this weekend ...

Comment

• New program-record 16 strikeouts. After tying it on Friday night with 15 against the #15 team in the country.

24 innings pitched and 49 strikeouts. She has allowed 32 baserunners, 17 of those by walk. Of the 15 hits, only two for extra bases (both doubles). Crazy numbers for a freshman.

14 of those 24 innings against Top 25 competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Chloe ties the program record for strike outs again with 15 ... one out to go

She gets the K to end it .. 16 Ks which should be a program record. 31 strikeouts in two starts this weekend ...
                                And 33 strikeouts in 15 innings this weekend. 2 2 per inning.

Comment

Working...
                                X