Shocker SB at Razorback Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB at Razorback Invitational

The Shockers continue their rain-interrupted season this weekend in Fayetteville at the Razorback Invitational. Their games are on Friday against Illinois State at 1230 pm and Arkansas at 530 pm, on Saturday against UT Arlington at 1230 pm and Arkansas at 530 pm, and on Sunday at 10 am against Illinois State.

Illinois State is a preseason pick for fourth in the Missouri Valley. Currently, their record is 0-10! Although the Redbirds have lost three blowouts, they have also lost four games by one run and another by two runs. (Their stats are hidden as a Coach's Decision. Thanks to Jenna in the Sports Information Office for providing me a link.) The highest OPS is only .785 and belongs to Abby Knight. The next highest is in the mid-600s. They have only one home run thus far. Pitching by innings has been shared almost equally among three pitchers. Hannah Meshnick (ERA of 4.55 and WHIP of 1.45) and Hannah Meeks (5.76 and 1.55) each have four starts. Paige McLeod (2.91 and 1.38) has the other two starts.

#15/14 Arkansas is picked for fourth in the SEC, bunched with LSU and Auburn behind Tennessee and Georgia. Their record is 8-2. The Razorbacks split two games with Arizona, the only ranked team they have played. Hitting is led by Bri Ellis (1.218 and three homers), Cylie Halvorson (.992), and Reagan Johnson (.988). Five different pitchers have started their ten games. The two pitchers with the most innings are Robyn Herron (1.30 and 0.93 with complete games in all three of her starts) and Morgan Lienstock (1.07 and 0.66)

UT Arlington is a pick for T7 in the ten-team WAC. The Mavericks have a record of 3-7. Lindsey Franklin (.855) and Emma Lopez (.815) are the leading hitters. Sophomore Marley Neises is on the Preseason All-WAC Team. The primary pitchers are Jessica Adams (4.06 and 1.45) and Gracie Bumpurs (3.82 and 1.31).

The Shocker hitting is led by CC (1.619 and two homers), Addison (1,242 and three homers) and Bailey (1.100). Sami is improving her stat line, but it gets pretty bad pretty fast after that. All of the ERAs on the pitching staff are above 4.00. Alex and Alison have the best WHIPs at 1.36. With the non-con schedule the Shocks are playing, all of these numbers, hitting and pitching, are going to be ugly for a while.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; February 23, 2024, 08:48 AM.

8 runs in 10 games is a tough way to win games.

Comment

The weather is looking pretty nice in Fayetteville this weekend. High temps on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are 63, 66, and 73 and mostly sunny skies. Winds 10-17 miles per our startign out of the NW on Friday, then WSW on Saturday and SW on Sunday.

I hope Chloe gets one of the starts against the Razorbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I hope Chloe gets one of the starts against the Razorbacks.
        Will Lauren get a start against them, or is that ancient history now?
        Last edited by flyingMoose; February 20, 2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Will Lauren get a start against then, or is that ancient history now?
          I think there is a very good chance she will get a start against the Razorbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            8 runs in 10 games is a tough way to win games.
            Good catch - so to speak. :)

The Redbirds have been shutout six times with three runs the most scored in any game.

Comment

Please tell me these games are on the +
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Please tell me these games are on the +
                I would say based on the Razorback website it's likely not available anywhere. The next weekend the Razorbacks host another (1 of 3 tourneys they'll host) tourney and it's listed as on the SEC+ network, separate from ESPN+. So since there is no such notation for this weekend....I'm guessing live stats only, at best.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; February 21, 2024, 10:29 AM.

Comment

A Wednesday Game

#9 Clemson 8-5 Charlotte
                  Clemson was cruising until the seventh when the Tigers tried to use their #4 pitcher to get the last three outs. Cagle came to the rescue to get the last out.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; February 23, 2024, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Thursday Game

Illinois State 0-7 #15 Arkansas

Comment

I would start Barber against ISU and Howell tonight against Arkansas. Barber is the big unknown still. Box score seems to say she has good "stuff," but still some trouble locating. Lauren was good against the Hogs last year. We'd be fools not to find out how long that can last.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        I would start Barber against ISU and Howell tonight against Arkansas. Barber is the big unknown still. Box score seems to say she has good "stuff," but still some trouble locating. Lauren was good against the Hogs last year. We'd be fools not to find out how long that can last.
                        I agree with starting Lauren against Arkansas tonight. But I would be tempted to split up the first games against Illinois State between Allison, Alex and Cloe just to get the some work after having 4 games rained out.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2024, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Game One

Shockers v Illinois State

Lineup: CC, Addison, Sami, Bailee, Lainee, Taylor, Mila dp, Sydney, Krystin with Lauren in the circle. Hannah Meeks is pitching for the Redbirds. Meshnik pitched the game just before this one. Lauren had the fewest innings last weekend and has the fewest by 0.2 for the entire staff. This may be an attempt to guarantee her more innings this weekend.

Strangely, the LiveStats via the Shocker site is not working, but the Live State via ISU is. There is a different game ID between the two. That is the issue?

[EDIT: Perhaps the Shocker LiveStat is for the Sunday game. The Visitor-Home for today's Shocker LiveStats is the opposite of the actual V-H for the game.]

CC walks, Addison singles, and Sami is hit by a pitch to load the bases. Bailey doubles home two runs, and Lainee walks to load the bases again. Annie Volkers (0.2 innings with terrible stats so far this year) is on to pitch for the Redbirds. Taylor, Mila, and Sydney all walk to score three more runs. This is getting really ugly really fast. Paige McLeod is now in the circle for ISU. Still nobody out. After Krystin fans, a single by CC scores two and Addison walks to load the bases yet again. Sami and Bailey have groundouts to end the carnage. 7-0 in the middle of the first.

A two-out single is all the Redbirds can muster in the bottom half. 7-0 after one.
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; February 23, 2024, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Lauren Howell getting the start against Illinois State. It is possible the Shockers will go with a predetermined split in this game just to get the staff a little needed work. We'll see.

Comment

Anyone have stats working?

Comment

Working...
                              X