Shocker SB at Razorback Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Bredbenner can’t afford the luxury of a .053 average in the 9 hole with no McKinney or Lucas in the lineup. I would look for others to get a chance soon if this doesn’t change this weekend.
    IIRC Krystin started out last year 1-19 (.053) before all a sudden turning it around. She is now 1-18 (.056) this season. But I agree something needs to give fairly soon of HCKB needs to try somebody else.

The only player in the bottom 5 of the lineup doing much at all offesnively is freshman Mila Seaton who is hitting .300 but on a small samile sizie of 10 at bats. Lainee is hitting .095, Sedlacek is hitting .158 and Zenon is hitting .158. Talk about below the Mendoza line.

We absolutely knew we would miss Syd the KId and LuLu but I don't think we anticipated this kind of production out of the bottom of the lineup.

Illinois State out hit the Shocks 10-5 in this game. Thankfully, they gifted us the game with a disastrous 1st inning and the Shocks were able to hold on thanks to a strong performance in the circle by Alison.,

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

Krystin started this way last year, and then really got it going. I do not recall the timing of all of that, however.
      I looked at Krystin's stats from last year. She was actually 0 for her first 19 at bats over the Shockerd' first 21 games last year. She then hit .338 over the Shockers final 32 games last year.

I am surprised that is happening again although there is no guarantee she will be able to turn it on again. Did Syd take her under her wing last year?
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2024, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I looked at Krystin's stats from last year. She was actually 0 for her first 19 at bats over the Shockerd' first 21 games last year. She then hit .338 over the Shockers final 32 games last year.

I am surprised that is happening again although there is not guarantee she will be able to turn it on again. Did Syd take her under her wing last year?
        I think Krystin has said in the past that she got out of her own head to turn things around.

Comment

How much do you want to bet that we see McLeod again on Sunday? Maybe not.

Comment

How much do you want to bet that we see McLeod again on Sunday? Maybe not.
            I would not bet against it.

Comment

I think Krystin has said in the past that she got out of her own head to turn things around.
              Again lots of balls hit very hard in the very wrong part of the field. Would think those fall if we face McCleod again.

Comment

Not sure whether Scherz is redshirting (will try to find out) but she was really decent in the fall. Cooper and Barber were also good.

Comment

Not sure whether Scherz is redshirting (will try to find out) but she was really decent in the fall. Cooper and Barber were also good.
                  I'm thinking they will try to redshirt her unless Howell, Cooper or Aquilar just fall apart. And that's possible with the way Howell has looked so far.

Comment

I can't imagine using five pitchers unless three of them are not very good at all.

Comment

Other Friday Games

UTA 0-6 ISU
                      Meshnik pitched the 7-hit shutout

UTA 0-9(6) Arkansas
                      Three homers for the Razorbacks, two by Halvorson

Comment

Game Two

The preceding game just finished. The likely start time of this game will approach 6 pm.

Shockers at Arkansas

Lineup: CC, Addison, Sami, Bailey, Lainee, Sydney, Mila, Taylor, Krystin with Chloe in the circle. Robyn Herron is in the circle for Arkansas.

Addison gets a one-out walk for the only Shocker runner in the first. Herron had two strikeouts. Three strikeouts for Chloe with an error in the midst. Scoreless after one.

Lainee and Sydney single to start the second and Mila bunts them over. A walk to Taylor loads the bases. Krystin hits into a force at home, but CC singles on an 0-2 pitch to score two and send Krystin to third. CC ends up at second on the throw home. Addison walks on four pitches to load the bases again, but Sami hits a groundout. 2-0 in the middle of the second.

Three more strikeouts for Chloe with a walk in the midst. 2-0 after two complete.

Bailey opens the Shocker third with a single, but nothing good happens after that. After their seventh K, the Razorbacks get a single to left followed by a bunt single. And then a four-pitch walk. Ugh! Bases loaded. The eighth strikeout, but Chloe wild pitches a run home. Another four-pitch walk, with that four-pitch K in between them. A line drive out ends the inning. 2-1 Shocks after three.

Chloe is at 67 pitches already. Strikeouts will do that but so will walks.

CC and Addison walk with two outs. Morgan Leinstock, the second-most innings of the staff, is on to pitch and strikes out Sami. Still 2-1.

Arkansas has a one-out single followed by a walk. I don't think she really knows where the ball is going. A bunt single loads the bases, but Sami gets the second out at home. The ninth K ends the inning. 2-1 Shockers after four complete.

Livin' on the edge. Does she have one more inning in her? 94 pitches so far.

The Shocks are down in order on nine pitches. Halvorson just struck out on two pitches. Either Chloe is getting a lot of respect or LiveStats is a bit amiss. Two more strikeouts for a total of twelve. Getting a second wind? 2-1 after five. Chloe is at 104 pitches with a couple more for the K mentioned above.

Krystin draws a two-out walk, but CC is a strikeout. The Razorbacks have an infield single with one out but cannot move her. 2-1 after six with Chloe is at 120 pitches.

With one out, Sami strikes out but reaches first on a WP/dropped third strike. Bailey follows with a single to move Sami to second. Lainee singles to score Sami and send the pinch-runner Avery to third. Two outs but no more runs follow. Shockers 3-1 in the middle of the seventh, and Chloe comes out for the bottom half.

Fly out, strikeout looking, strikeout looking (Halvorson, who struck out four times against Chloe).

Shockers 3-1 Arkansas

What a game by Chloe!! Fifteen Ks, five hits, four walks, 130 pitches. She was shaky for a bit in the middle but closed strong. Two hits by Bailey and Lainee of the six hits, two RBI by CC (on that 0-2 pitch).
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; February 23, 2024, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Shockers starting the freshman Chloe Barber against the Razorbacks.

Comment

Is 6 strikeouts in 2 innings any good?

Good to see the bottom part of the order contribute to the scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Is 6 strikeouts in 2 innings any good?

Good to see the bottom part of the order contribute to the scoring.
                              Too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Too good to be true
                                Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X