No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could have a promotion for Noel like we did for Cheese. On cheese's senior night we had a likeness photograph of him on a Stick that all the fans waved all night. I will never forget when Cheese got announced every night the crowd would drown out all noise with a chorus of CHEEEEEEEZE! I have to go. I'm too excited..

Comment

I think it's great that WSU is mentioned as one of 3 or 4 finalists for Noel's services. However, there is a lot about this that certainly makes my stomach queezy.

I've always liked Lew Hill and it's good to see him doing well. Nevertheless, I would be upset (like a slap in the face) if Noel/Lynbert picked UNLV over WSU. Please, if you don't come to WSU, go to LSU or GT...PLEASE.

Now if Noel visits and comes to WSU, there's no doubt it would be huge for the Shox, currently and in the future. However, I would have to stomach some of the same disdain I've had for Calipari/UK, their over-recruiting and letting players go so very near the beginning of this next season. My comfort lies in our connection with Cheese, which would set us apart from the UK debacle, but it would take a unique situation for me not to be upset over how our staff picks who they would let go from our current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by Smooth007
        Originally posted by Smooth007
        Interesting. I wonder how it would all work out with the numbers but I would LOVE to have him here.
        Maybe JC would be offered a baseball scholarship??? Just throwing it out there.
        If Coy wants to play both Basketball and Baseball and receive scholarship money it has to be with basketball. Those are the rules.
        So there are designated sports that scholarships must be offered from for multisport atheletes?
        I believe it's whichever sport comes first as far as the season goes. If a student were playing both football and basketball he'd be on a football 'ship.
        I was listening to Gene on the radio (maybe it was last night) saying something about struggling with the scholarship numbers for next year. Sorry, wasn't listening closely enough but remember thinking "Well, it's a good thing Coy has a basketball schollie because that's one less Gene has to figure into the mix."

Comment

NCAA only allows around 13-15 baseball schollies....So they are diced up...No one gets a full scholarship in Baseball...usually a 1/4 or 1/2 etc....So a Basketball full schollarship is always the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime
            NCAA only allows around 13-15 baseball schollies....So they are diced up...No one gets a full scholarship in Baseball...usually a 1/4 or 1/2 etc....So a Basketball full schollarship is always the way to go
            In fact, OT, it's 11.7 -- it used to be 13, but the NCAA reduced it by 10% as a "cost-saving" measure.

Comment

There is no verification, but a poster on other boards is saying Noel to a visit to UNC-Charlotte yesterday.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                There is no verification, but a poster on other boards is saying Noel to a visit to UNC-Charlotte yesterday.
                Sounds to me like no one reporting on his activities since USC has any idea what schools are really on his final list.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  Here is a link to a blog mentioning his visit to Charlotte. According to this person Charlotte is the leader to get Noel right now.

Noel Johnson, the 53rd ranked player in the country in the Class of 2009 by recruiting service Rivals.com, is concluding a two-day visit ...

Comment

Wow

Holy traveling man, Batman. Noel is everywhere.

Charlotte is his leader now; UNLV may be after he visits them; let's hope Marshall can get him in for a visit -- or can have his godfather X give him a call -- if he has a way to work the scholarships without just dumping anyone, which is something I'd not like to see start at WSU regardless of who the prospect may be.

By the way, keep in mind that a certain very tall Nigerian is also reputed to be a strong candidate for a scholarship after next year (when the Shocks are scheduled to have only one senior). There's not a lot of extra space.

Comment

I just wanna bump the thread with my new avatar!

Comment

I would hate to see anyone have to leave this late in the game, but for me, Cheddar (along with EO) is the missing piece to the 2010-11 season!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I know what you mean wufan. Cheddar has been a dream of many when it comes to recruitment. I'm not getting my hopes up, but.........
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Charlotte is the favorite then I might actually like our chances 2nd time around.

Comment

wow...he would be a great addition! How could we go about this if he is truly interested knowing that we 0 schollies left???? Is there any possible solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4
                                wow...he would be a great addition! How could we go about this if he is truly interested knowing that we 0 schollies left???? Is there any possible solutions?
                                Someone gives up their scholarship by either paying their own way, getting some other kind of scholarship, or leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X