Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    Littleton, Stallworth, Carr and McDaniel. They earned it by being All Americans as the standard dictates.

Again, if you want to add more, what is your qualification? There has to be a standard that is reached in order to achieve this goal. It can't just be good players who are popular amongst fans. There has to be something solid to go off of. Those who don't achieve All American status are still eligible to be inducted into the Shocker Hall of Fame. And I believe those being discussed are in there.
    Cliff Levingston was added during Randy's tenure. He was a great Shocker, but is by far the weakest of the the group. I'd say let Cliff's credentials be the floor.

Warren Armstrong reaches that floor. He must have had some bad off the court moments to not have his number retired.

Comment

• What exactly are the standards for having one's jersey retired?

Being First Team All-American is obviously not one of them.

I am pretty sure Cleo was selected as Third Team All-American his senior year. And he may have been selected in the Honorable Mention category the year before.

Comment

• A little bit late here I guess, but I'm a LOT happier that Noel is playing with Clemson rather than USC. I wish he was here, but anything is better than USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
          What exactly are the standards for having one's jersey retired?

I am pretty sure Cleo was selected as Third Team All-American his senior year. And he may have been selected in the Honorable Mention category the year before.
          Cleo was 4-time 1st team All-Valley and scored 2000 points. I believe that is an exception to the 1st team AA rule.

I would be OK retiring 3rd team AAs.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Also...

And in other news equally as related to Noel Johnson as most of the other recent posts, the dollar continued to fall against such leading currencies as the euro, the British pound, and the Japanese yen.

Good heavens, guys -- what does it take to get some of you to Start a New Thread? Is it really that hard to click on newtopic? And, by the way, the Moron of the Day award goes to the first person who asks me why I'm doing the same thing.

Comment

• 1st game: 12 pts in 19 minutes on 4 of 8 three point shots. Also 3 assists to 1 TO and 2 steals. Pretty good debut. Clemson beat Presbyterian College 84-41.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• nm
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                    Originally posted by 60Shock
                    What exactly are the standards for having one's jersey retired?

Cleo was 4-time 1st team All-Valley and scored 2000 points. I believe that is an exception to the 1st team AA rule.

I would be OK retiring 3rd team AAs.
                    really? didnt you only have 3 years of varsity back then?

Comment

• No.......not waaaaaay back then. Don't remember the why's and how's.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                        No.......not waaaaaay back then. Don't remember the why's and how's.
                        Wasn't that about the same time as Wilt Chamberlain? Wasn't he only eligible to play varsity for three years?

Comment

• Littleton was named third-team All-American in his senior year but was all-Missouri Valley all four years that he played. He set the school career scoring record at 2,164 points. He also set career records for free throws made (642) and scoring average (19.0). The former East High School star led the 1953-54 Shockers to a berth in the National Invitation Tournament for the first time. An iron man, Littleton played in 184 consecutive games without a miss from his sophomore season in high school to his senior season at WSU. He was drafted by the Fort Wayne Pistons of the NBA. His No. 13 is one of five that have been retired by WSU. Cleo is an inductee in both the Shocker Hall of Fame and Kansas Sports Hall of Fame.

This is per http://www.wichitahof.com/Inductees.htm
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Originally posted by pinstripers
                            No.......not waaaaaay back then. Don't remember the why's and how's.
                            Wasn't that about the same time as Wilt Chamberlain? Wasn't he only eligible to play varsity for three years?
                            Cleo graduated in the spring of 1955. Wilt started that Fall, so Wilt started the season after Cleo left. Apparently, at some point between Cleo's freshman year, and Wilt's, freshmen became ineligible again as Wilt played only on the Freshman team his freshman year.

Freshman eligibility in the past seemed to change from time to time partially based on wars, etc., that limited enrollment. I suspect that after the Korean War concluded, conferences started making them ineligible again.

Comment

• Bump on this....Cheese as an assistant coach? Or should we attempt to land Babb, and hire Ellis' dad?

Either would be "Epic", as the kids say!

Comment

• “@goodmanonfox:source told http://FOXSports.com/ that Clemson sophomore guard Noel Johnson is transferring out of program.”

Comment

Working...
                                X