No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a word from the "Good Doc" would nice to hear at this point.
    Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

COME ON NOEL!

If he comes here, my reaction is going to be:

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzze!

great day to be a shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4
        wow...he would be a great addition! How could we go about this if he is truly interested knowing that we 0 schollies left???? Is there any possible solutions?
        Several other teams in the mix don't have free scholarships at the moment either, including UNC Charlotte and Georgia Tech.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

A bit of an update.

Comment

However, I found the following comment from "Anonymous" on the UNC-Charlotte blog linked to earlier:

I have heard he is looking hard at going to his father alma-mater - Wichita State. Almost a done deal.
            Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              I'm not going to get excited until two things happen.

1. He makes a visit to WSU
              2. He commits to WSU
              :yes:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                However, I found the following comment from "Anonymous" on the UNC-Charlotte blog linked to earlier:

I have heard he is looking hard at going to his father alma-mater - Wichita State. Almost a done deal.
                Take it for what it's worth.
                Somebody must have been over here on this site reading stuff again. :D

Comment

Expect decision soon, as Noel plans to attend Summer School at the University he chooses.

They were going to have a family meeting last Wed. to discuss his options, and he has visited 2 schools since that point, and WSU is heavily in the mix.

The fact they didn't visit hear, to me anyway, speaks highly to the fact that they are both familiar with WSU, and that a visit wasn't as necessary as one to UNLV or UNCC.

Comment

It could also be that WSU has already used it's 12 allotted official visits. But I'm betting he's been here before, at least unofficially.

As for the comment on the Charlotte site, my first thought was that Fever had been there! ;)

I have this gut feeling that we stand a very good chance. Assuming he's as good as advertised, he could step right into the starting SF spot, which must be attractive to an incoming freshman.

Comment

He did say the ability to see minutes as a FR would play a factor. He would give us the size and athleticism that we've all desired at SF. It would take some pressure off of Coy as well as they'd probably share duties. Cheddar would give us another outside threat and one that is capable of shooting off the dribble and attacking the basket. The kid is smooth and has had some guidence from former NBA players.

I'm still trying not to get too excited...

And failing
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

According to this article, there's a rumor that he may want to stay closer to home. If I had to guess right now, I would say he ends up at GTech if they can find a scholly.

The national signing period for college basketball ended on May 20, but there are still two prospects remaining in the Rivals.com Top 100. Lance Stephenson (No. 11 overall) and Noel Johnson (No...

As of now Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, and Pittsburgh are all potential college choices for Johnson, according to Rivals.com. There are rumors that Johnson, who is from Georgia, wants to stay closer to home.

Comment

While much of Shock City's post may be true and he may want to stay closer to home at Georgia Tech, the schools that they listed from Rivals were all of the original list that they've always listed. Nothing new in their list of schools.

Comment

I doubt it's Tech. They already have 6 newcomers and I believe 3 of those play on the wing.

I doubt the close to home rumor is really relevant. Considering he was more than happy to play on the other side of the country until the Floyd/Mayo news broke. Not to say he won't end up in the SE, but I don't think location is that big a factor. Especially when you consider UNLV is in the mix.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I definitely think the influence of Lew Hill's relationship with Cheese is getting UNLV a shot at him.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

8 mins and 25 seconds in.
                                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Working...
                                X