No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll still be at Heights games this year in my WSU gear. He's fun to watch... and one never knows what the future holds.

I'm happy for the kid and his family.. even if I didn't get what I wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
      Originally posted by RoyalShock
      There are more people on SN right now than after a big victory.
      That just shows what a big missed opportunity this was. The euphoria he could have created in this city would have been something if he had picked WSU. It would have been something very special.

Now he will be just one of the many prized recruits that ku gets each year. Nothing special.
      Have you seen KU's recruiting class? There are more prizes at WSU.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by RHshoxfan
        Originally posted by XManCometh
        Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by newshock1234
        seth davis said he picked KU
        Glad all the professional tweetists out there are taking the fire out of Perry and his press conference, minutes before he says his piece.

No kidding. Can't even let a 17 year old have his own moment in the sun.

Sad....shame on Mr. Davis.
        True. Had to "break" the story 2 minutes before it happened. What a joke. Give a high school kid his moment in the sun Seth.
        Seth Davis was just doing his job, and this kid has had his moment in the sun for 4 years! There was a pretty good chance he was going to KU so for all we know, it could have been a very educated guess. It's not like everyone has a twitter, so there were quite a few people waiting and watching for his decision.
        It was a very amateur move. Literally minutes before Ellis tells everyone himself, this guy has to try and one up him? I don't care if everyone knew he was going to KU. Seth Davis is not the general public. He's supposed to be a professional journalist/analyst. But in this world, it's all about getting it out to twitter first. That's the most important thing.

Seth took a drop in my respectability ratings.
        Same here. Used to really like him on CBS game coverage. Now I'm just going to keep thinking about how he needs to steal the spotlight from high school kids. WAIT 2 MINUTES LONGER SETH. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET FIRED!

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh
          Originally posted by shox1989
          That just shows what a big missed opportunity this was. The euphoria he could have created in this city would have been something if he had picked WSU. It would have been something very special.

Now he will be just one of the many prized recruits that ku gets each year. Nothing special.
          Here would have been my pitch to Perry:

Come to WSU and become a superstar in the city and a MVC MVP 3 straight years and STILL go to the NBA, or go to KU and ride the pine for a year, then hope you don't become another Eric Chenowith.
          That's a very logical point. Since I am a PE fan, I hope he doesn't become an EC. But he would have been a guaranteed hometown superstar here. As it is, he's just par for the course for "God's Program" up north.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl

Perry IS the prized recruit for Kansas in 2012 as of today.

Find what players have committed to your favorite school. Videos, analysis and more on ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl

Actually no. I don't pay any attention to them. Probably the last time I saw them play was when they last played WSU. I didn't even watch the Ku-UNI game, although I enjoyed watching the highlights.

But from the way their fans act and talk, I just assumed they get every prized recruit in the country that isn't going straight to the nba.

Comment

• :cry:
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Listened on KGSO. What silence...a resounding thud...really awkward. Even had Perry astounded by the silence. I understand the atendees were severely limited, but not a single clap or sound of support. Had Perry said WSU, the mic would have picked up my voice from Great Bend.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Classy kid........this almost makes me hate KU less.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                      Listened on KGSO. What silence...a resounding thud...really awkward. Even had Perry astounded by the silence. I understand the atendees were severely limited, but not a single clap or sound of support. Had Perry said WSU, the mic would have picked up my voice from Great Bend.
                      Yeah the silence was defeaning. Joe Auer even repeated that Perry had chosen ku thinking people must not have heard him. Still silence.

If nothing else, I guess it was very anti-climatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                        Classy kid........this almost makes me hate KU less.
                        Almost......

Comment

• Blame it on Seth Davis for stealing the thunda!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
                            Originally posted by pinstripers
                            Classy kid........this almost makes me hate KU less.
                            Almost......
                            Not even close

Comment

• It was a closed auditorium. Only media in there. The media wouldn't clap.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                                It was a closed auditorium. Only media in there. The media wouldn't clap.
                                No family? No high school coach? Just Perry and media types?
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X