• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    seth davis said he picked KU
    Glad all the professional tweetists out there are taking the fire out of Perry and his press conference, minutes before he says his piece.

No kidding. Can't even let a 17 year old have his own moment in the sun.

Sad....shame on Mr. Davis.
    True. Had to "break" the story 2 minutes before it happened. What a joke. Give a high school kid his moment in the sun Seth.
    Seth Davis was just doing his job, and this kid has had his moment in the sun for 4 years! There was a pretty good chance he was going to KU so for all we know, it could have been a very educated guess. It's not like everyone has a twitter, so there were quite a few people waiting and watching for his decision.

Comment

• "Hey Perry, did KU talk about their tradition...." Freakin' dumbass reporter. My 5 year - old could conjure up that question. Thanks for getting that cheap gloss of a question in Sherlock Moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        I would have loved to watch the young man play. Best of luck to him and I hope he's successful. I guess I could still go watch Heights play this year and see him. Doubt it.
        I look forward to watching Evan W. and the other Shockers play this year. PE is in my rear view mirror now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockar25
          I wish him the best. He's a good kid and I don't doubt that he'll be successful.

I'm glad this is over. Now it's time to celebrate OUR recruits for the 2012 class. HCGM and staff have been working their tails off to get a great bunch of players in and this is one of the best classes we've had in a while.

No reason to hang our heads. The Shox are going to make some serious noise going forward regardless! I applaud the effort the staff put out to try and get Perry.
          True that. Perry would have been a wonderful addition to the program, but we can and will certainly move forward without him.

And if there is one coach in America that will take this decision, file it away, and do everything in his power to prove that he didn't need him, that Coach has 3Gs.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan
            Originally posted by XManCometh
            Glad all the professional tweetists out there are taking the fire out of Perry and his press conference, minutes before he says his piece.

True. Had to "break" the story 2 minutes before it happened. What a joke. Give a high school kid his moment in the sun Seth.
            Seth Davis was just doing his job, and this kid has had his moment in the sun for 4 years! There was a pretty good chance he was going to KU so for all we know, it could have been a very educated guess. It's not like everyone has a twitter, so there were quite a few people waiting and watching for his decision.
            There is a time and a place for a media member to "do his job". When it comes down to high school recruiting, there's no need to take away from a 17 or 18 year old's time in the limelight. Just wait until he says it, then tweet it out to your 10,000 followers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
              I would have loved to watch the young man play. Best of luck to him and I hope he's successful. I guess I could still go watch Heights play this year and see him. Doubt it.
              Maybe at State Tournament time.

Comment

• Time for DoFo to fire up the facebook page: "Let Perry Ellis play in Koch Arena".
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                  "Hey Perry, did KU talk about their tradition...." Freakin' dumbass reporter. My 5 year - old could conjure up that question. Thanks for getting that cheap gloss of a question in Sherlock Moron.

No kidding.....probably the phog.wax "reporter" that drove his '72 beetle all night to cover the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Originally posted by KC Shox
                    "Hey Perry, did KU talk about their tradition...." Freakin' dumbass reporter. My 5 year - old could conjure up that question. Thanks for getting that cheap gloss of a question in Sherlock Moron.

No kidding.....probably the phog.wax "reporter" that drove his '72 beetle all night to cover the event.
                    Sometimes you have to ask a question everyone knows the answer to so your interviewee can blab about it. Just because you know they did talk about it, doesn't mean someone doesn't want to hear Perry discuss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      There are more people on SN right now than after a big victory.
                      That just shows what a big missed opportunity this was. The euphoria he could have created in this city would have been something if he had picked WSU. It would have been something very special.

Now he will be just one of the many prized recruits that ku gets each year. Nothing special.

Comment

• VanVleeeeeet!!!!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Freddie Double V!!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu
                            VanVleeeeeet!!!!!
                            :good:

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                              Originally posted by XManCometh

It was a very amateur move. Literally minutes before Ellis tells everyone himself, this guy has to try and one up him? I don't care if everyone knew he was going to KU. Seth Davis is not the general public. He's supposed to be a professional journalist/analyst. But in this world, it's all about getting it out to twitter first. That's the most important thing.

Seth took a drop in my respectability ratings.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
                                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                There are more people on SN right now than after a big victory.
                                That just shows what a big missed opportunity this was. The euphoria he could have created in this city would have been something if he had picked WSU. It would have been something very special.

Now he will be just one of the many prized recruits that ku gets each year. Nothing special.
                                Here would have been my pitch to Perry:

Come to WSU and become a superstar in the city and a MVC MVP 3 straight years and STILL go to the NBA, or go to KU and ride the pine for a year, then hope you don't become another Eric Chenowith.

Comment

Working...
                                X