Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu
    Originally posted by _kai_
    It was a closed auditorium. Only media in there. The media wouldn't clap.
    No family? No high school coach? Just Perry and media types?
    That's what I heard. His family was there, and Coach Auer was the MC. And then just the media.

They did it closed to everyone else, so people wouldn't boo.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• You could hear the trepidation in his voice when he announced. It must be a hard thing to turn your back on the city where you were raised. But hey, he heard the cash registers jingling when he visited Lawrence - and I don't mean the NBA.

From the sound of his interview, Ralph Lauren didn't spend too much time in class and probably doesn't expect to in Lawrence. UK is a great place to party and then jump to the NBA. Had he come to WSU, he would have been expected to study just as hard as the walk-ons.

Comment

• Everybody who has said that they wish they could see him play...ummm 99% of his games will be on NATIONAL TV. Also Lawrence is a 2.5 hour drive from Wichita and a twenty minute drive from Topeka. You will have plenty of opportunities to see him play.

No question, he is a "once in a 20-year type player." He has a nice shot and a great head on his shoulders.

Things are looking up for WSU and in a few years the shox might have the opportunity to pickup a 5-star player like Perry.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE
          You could hear the trepidation in his voice when he announced. It must be a hard thing to turn your back on the city where you were raised. But hey, he heard the cash registers jingling when he visited Lawrence - and I don't mean the NBA.

From the sound of his interview, Ralph Lauren didn't spend too much time in class and probably doesn't expect to in Lawrence. UK is a great place to party and then jump to the NBA. Had he come to WSU, he would have been expected to study just as hard as the walk-ons.
          Oh Lord!

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/naWC6ysu69AYPMXFYmdBVAyTXzKjoTfbBNisZ50mmhTURpqe4q wUhUtpPSlTFhMie1N8Ac46GTMv*00w%20t6j5Q4MNWUj2Y9FW/monkeyFacepalm.gif[/img]
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• When he said he wanted to study business...I know what I expected to hear next....then when he said KU....I realized he probably is not as bright as I had heard...this is possibly the 1st bad decision he has made.

Hopefully, he will develop into an articulate young man. Perhaps he was a bit overwhelmed by the moment. I recommend remedial communication courses for public speaking.

Good luck to Perry, but from now on he's just "one of them". ;-)

Comment

You could hear the trepidation in his voice when he announced. It must be a hard thing to turn your back on the city where you were raised. But hey, he heard the cash registers jingling when he visited Lawrence - and I don't mean the NBA.

You are poorly informed and that was in poor taste.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                Everybody who has said that they wish they could see him play...ummm 99% of his games will be on NATIONAL TV. Also Lawrence is a 2.5 hour drive from Wichita and a twenty minute drive from Topeka. You will have plenty of opportunities to see him play.

No question, he is a "once in a 20-year type player." He has a nice shot and a great head on his shoulders.

Things are looking up for WSU and in a few years the shox might have the opportunity to pickup a 5-star player like Perry.
                Yeah like I would ever waste my time to drive to Larryville or watch them on tv. The last time I saw Ku play was the last time they played WSU.

I didn't even watch the game against UNI in the ncaa tourney, but I sure enjoyed watching the highlights.

If by some chance Ku plays WSU while PE plays for them then I will see him play (but I sure won't be rooting for him).

Comment

• I'm sure he will go to class. It means a lot to him and he seems like a class A guy from a good family. But he is a KU guy. I will not give him much thought.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• I wonder if it's time yet to start looking under the rug, and see what's going to crawl out........

Hmmmmm...........probably should wait a day.

Comment

• "Im going to KU" (room is silent)
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• This is 2011 Wichita, Kansas. It's time we stop naming our children after luxury clothing and automobiles and allowing them to talk like Dr. Dre.

Louis Vuitton could do a lot worse than modeling his presentation after this articulate young man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7sR8xDsfg8

Comment

This is 2011 Wichita, Kansas. It's time we stop naming our children after luxury clothing and automobiles and allowing them to talk like Dr. Dre.

Louis Vuitton could do a lot worse than modeling his presentation after this articulate young man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7sR8xDsfg8
                          He would have been named in 1994 and that is pretty irrelevant and petty. He's also a 4.0 student.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

This is 2011 Wichita, Kansas. It's time we stop naming our children after luxury clothing and automobiles and allowing them to talk like Dr. Dre.

why are you allowed to post?

Comment

This isnt a public speaking contest. But I'll give you credit ... that interviewee comes across as a very sharp guy. Perry will have LOTS of opportunity to practice interviews before his career is up.

Now how about Fre-D Double-V?!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Typically negativity comes full circle. Must be a sad existence having that attitude, MTXE.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X