Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tw805
    Have you ever been asked by a KU fan if WSU is division 2? I have about ten times. That alone will cause intense hatred.
    You mean they don't know what happened the last time the two squared off in the NCAA tournament?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Originally posted by shock
      He even asked me why KU would want to play WSU, because KU doesn't get credit for playing DII schools.
      How sad. Which department was/is he in?
      When you find out, please let me know.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Science Dept. He just moved from JoCo
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• shock, check PM please.

Comment

• First, living in Vancouver, Canada, I'm sure anything I write here will not violate any NCAA rule. Therefore, here is my advice to the good boy named Perry Ellis and his family:
            He should stay in Wichita to be near his family. This is the only time left in his life that he can stay close to the family. After 3 or 4 years, he'll be an NBA player. He can't bring his family with him because he may not stay with a team for long (like Antoine Carr or Maurice Evans). Wichita didn't have the success like KU or UK recently. But with current players and recruits, WSU can have the same level of success during his time in college.
            In addition, if he goes to KU or UK, he may change because he'll hang out with some arrogant and spoiled kids. Not good at all!
            8)
            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP
              First, living in Vancouver, Canada, I'm sure anything I write here will not violate any NCAA rule. Therefore, here is my advice to the good boy named Perry Ellis and his family:
              He should stay in Wichita to be near his family. This is the only time left in his life that he can stay close to the family. After 3 or 4 years, he'll be an NBA player. He can't bring his family with him because he may not stay with a team for long (like Antoine Carr or Maurice Evans). Wichita didn't have the success like KU or UK recently. But with current players and recruits, WSU can have the same level of success during his time in college.
              In addition, if he goes to KU or UK, he may change because he'll hang out with some arrogant and spoiled kids. Not good at all!
              8)
              Or perhaps be expected to fight the football team. Very unPerry like.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Eric Bosi says, "...Wichita State is in a no-lose situation here. If they get him, Marshall and the Shockers staff are recruiting gods and Perry is a hometown legend. If they don't get him, well then did anybody really expect him to choose them?"

KU's recruiting has been hurting a bit lately and they are having qualification difficulty with their last recruiting class. Bossi adds that if KU doesn't get him he expects a pretty epic meltdown by KU fans.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• I would say that WSU's chances are better than what they might appear to be. It is pretty evident that Perry's family is very important to him, and so would it be for his family being able to see him play. If he chose the Shockers, then his family could see him play from day 1 for all 4 years (if he stayed that long), and like it said be a hometown legend forever immortilized in Shocker history.

I think it is between us and KU, and I think he would not get to play much the first year at KU, plus his family would have to make the drive to see him play.

I wouldn't count us out, not with the great job of recruiting that our coaching staff has been doing. They are posturing the Shockers to be a force in the future, and Perry could take us from being a real good team to being a great team.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    Eric Bosi says, "...Wichita State is in a no-lose situation here. If they get him, Marshall and the Shockers staff are recruiting gods and Perry is a hometown legend. If they don't get him, well then did anybody really expect him to choose them?"

KU's recruiting has been hurting a bit lately and they are having qualification difficulty with their last recruiting class. Bossi adds that if KU doesn't get him he expects a pretty epic meltdown by KU fans.
                    Gut feeling. Do not expect to be dancing on Wed - I doubt Ellis is coming to WSU (and in many ways I don't blame him - you people in Wichita like to pat yourself on the back for your fandom and you should - but don't strain anything, sometimes you are too close to home for people) I am sure it will be, or is, a close decision - I would have never bothered to write this a few months ago. As others have pointed out P.E.'s choice is fine, Ellis and his family will make the choice that they believe is best for Perry Eillis - what that is I don't know but I doubt it will be in Wichita. Too close to home.

All the same - all the best. To you and your family P.E.

Comment

• Your Basketball life will hopefully last 15 more years.......
                      Your Life in Wichita as a Hometown Hero will hopefully last 70 more years.
                      Wichita, will always be a great place to live or come back to.
                      Stay home......we need a hero.

Comment

• Besides the final 4 schools, who else had offers to Ellis? OU, Duke and Memphis, but I can't remember if there were others.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
                          Besides the final 4 schools, who else had offers to Ellis? OU, Duke and Memphis, but I can't remember if there were others.
                          There were a number of others. I don't remember them all, but I believe he had around 20 or at one point.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose
                            Besides the final 4 schools, who else had offers to Ellis? OU, Duke and Memphis, but I can't remember if there were others.
                            What is your point? Straws, you like straws, - grasping, lunging, ect. This kid is not playing that game. Yes Duke and Memphis offered. The choice is four schools not six (I would
                            have eliminated KSU or UK for Duke but that is just me).

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                              Originally posted by martymoose
                              What is your point? Straws, you like straws, - grasping, lunging, ect. This kid is not playing that game. Yes Duke and Memphis offered. The choice is four schools not six (I would
                              have eliminated KSU or UK for Duke but that is just me).
                              Geee maggie, sorry I asked a question. From now on I'll run them all by you just to make sure it's ok to post. A friend asked and I was making an attempt to find out. Now thanks for joining the party late, but you don't need to automatically assume it's all about you.

Comment

• It's kind of fun to watch the chickenhawks squirm over this recruitment.

Shox have no pressure on this one. Sign him, and it's all gravy!!! Don't sign him, and we went toe to toe with some big time programs, and came out looking great.

Comment

Working...
                                X