No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good god people...someone has an opinion on a player and everyone is up in arms about something bad being said? Wow...get a grip! We will all see what type of player he progresses into. I stick by my assessment based on many peoples initial thoughts that he is a one and done talent. We will see very shortly, if I am wrong I will be happy to admit it.

Comment

• I too, only saw Perry play vs. BC. Although he was not the most effective player on the floor that night, you have to throw that game out due to BC's strategy of taking the "air" out of the ball. Perry's ability didn't 100% come to the surface because he is a "big" and the flow of the game is controlled by 16-17 year-old HS guards who aren't mature enough to handle that type of a slow-down game.

I am curious for the posters who have seen Perry play over the course of time; what college player in the last few years does his game remind you of?

Comment

• Ellis will go to Memphis' Midnight Madness. He also plans to attend early season games at Kentucky, KU and Texas A&M.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
          Agree with Doc.

Eliss is a "once a decade" player (if that), and he is in our backyard.

Marshall should stalk him. He should have somebody at every practice, every game, etc.

City-League talent is at a 15 year high. We need to sign some of them (besides Evan).
          Is it against the rules to also have an assistant coach from wsu work with PE and develop him even more? i'm sure it is but don't know the ins and outs of recruiting. and since he is in wichita, could PE play pick-up games with the players at like a park or something?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock
            Originally posted by lawmaker
            Agree with Doc.

Marshall should stalk him. He should have somebody at every practice, every game, etc.

City-League talent is at a 15 year high. We need to sign some of them (besides Evan).
            Is it against the rules to also have an assistant coach from wsu work with PE and develop him even more? i'm sure it is but don't know the ins and outs of recruiting. and since he is in wichita, could PE play pick-up games with the players at like a park or something?
            Local high school players regularly participate in summer pick-up games with WSU players.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              Originally posted by shock
              Agree with Doc.

Local high school players regularly participate in summer pick-up games with WSU players.
              So I'm curious. If anyone on this board has had the chance to participate in or watch those pickup games, how has our current local high school talent (Ellis, Wessel, Thurman, et al) fared when playing with D-1 Shocker players?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                Agree with Doc.

So I'm curious. If anyone on this board has had the chance to participate in or watch those pickup games, how has our current local high school talent (Ellis, Wessel, Thurman, et al) fared when playing with D-1 Shocker players?
                I attended about 6 pick up games. There were not any local players present. There were a few jucos present.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                  Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                  Agree with Doc.

I attended about 6 pick up games. There were not any local players present. There were a few jucos present.
                  From the reports I heard over the summer, it sounded like there were far fewer local guys participating than in past years, but I don't know first-hand. My original post was not meant to suggest that any particular player played in these pick-up games, but that it is allowed and does happen.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                    Agree with Doc.

From the reports I heard over the summer, it sounded like there were far fewer local guys participating than in past years, but I don't know first-hand. My original post was not meant to suggest that any particular player played in these pick-up games, but that it is allowed and does happen.
                    Yes, you are correcto. In past years, I have seen local high school players many times.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      Agree with Doc.

Yes, you are correcto. In past years, I have seen local high school players many times.
                      Maybe HCGM has asked local recruits to stay away from campus while he recruits them... he doesn't want anyone 'crying foul' if/when we land the big one. ;-)
                      Seriously, you would think the NCAA would have some type of restrictions on high school players practicing/scrimmaging with the team that is recruiting them, unless it's during an official recruiting trip.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• For anyone questioning or wondering...

Comment

• Saw Perry Ellis eating at the Taco Shop on E 21st yesterday with a friend of his. Good looking kids both of them. I just happened to be wearing a Shocker sweatshirt so I walked past him several times for drink refills just to let him know that there are many loyal Shocker fans in WICHITA,

Comment

• Slightly creepy.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Wonder if pogo followed him home or sent threats to Roy Williams, coach cal, or bill self

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
                                Wonder if pogo followed him home or sent threats to Roy Williams, coach cal, or bill self
                                He's a little tied up on the Demarcus Holland thread protecting Carl Lemons Shocker career from being "mediocre."

Comment

Working...
                                X