Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an idiot. I didn't realize this guy was a 2017 HS grad. For some reason I was thinking he was transferring from UNM.

Now I understand what we're getting and I'm excited. Eligible immediately, four year guy, 4* dude that reduces impact of losing so many bigs next year. This is a great turn of events after losing DS.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Would be nice to redshirt one of the freshman bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        When anyone can offer an official answer to this question, please do.
        Yes, he is 2017. When Neal was canned at UNM, he asked for release from his LOI, which UNM granted.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Isaiah is 2017.

His footwork is really impressive for his size. Looks like another typical Gregg recruit, an effort guy with great character that's a team player. I would assume he's probably a center but I wouldn't rule him out of the question to play the 4 spot either. Another great get for Coach Lindsted.

Comment

Nice 2017 commit, perfect red shirt candidate.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              https://twitter.com/Big_I35/status/868871278480031745 Show this kid some love on the tweeter.

Welcome to Shocker Nation, Isaiah!

Here are Isaiah's senior season highlights - just posted Wednesday: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4959366/...e0b513c01b63ae
              The left hand around the hoop and the jumper was unexpected!
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Wasn't asbjorn midgaards name meaning also one that had something to do with bears?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Wasn't asbjorn midgaards name meaning also one that had something to do with bears?
                  God Bear I believe.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I like it ! I like it alot ! 3G and his staff seem like they are always prepared.

I'm old but he reminds me of AC.....that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      The Bear Brothers
                      The Bookend Bears

Comment

From the article out of Omaha.

Chandler’s other offers included UNO, Southern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota and Bowling Green.
                        Originally signed with a mid-pack Mountain West team. Why is WSU the only decent program to offer this guy? I suspect foot speed, conditioning, and vertical are involved in his lack of decent offers. Check his highlights and note how he gets off the ground. Morris looked A LOT more physical and athletic in HS highlights.

I know I'm supposed to go "rah rah" whenever we get a commitment, and that as late as Smith announced his departure, there wasn't much left. I don't see this guy as much more than a role player during his career here. I guess we need those too.

Edit: the video I was thinkin of was from his Jr year in HS. The one from his Sr year looks better. I remain suspect of his ups. Looks like a decent to good MVC post player, and that conforms nicely to his offer list.
                        Last edited by Aargh; May 28, 2017, 03:53 PM.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          From the article out of Omaha.

Originally signed with a mid-pack Mountain West team. Why is WSU the only decent program to offer this guy? I suspect foot speed, conditioning, and vertical are involved in his lack of decent offers. Check his highlights and note how he gets off the ground. Morris looked A LOT more physical and athletic in HS highlights.

I know I'm supposed to go "rah rah" whenever we get a commitment, and that as late as Smith announced his departure, there wasn't much left. I don't see this guy as much more than a role player during his career here. I guess we need those too.
                          Calling UNM a "mid-pack Mountain West team" is probably being a little unfair. New Mexico is a strong program historically, and probably ranks pretty close with WSU in all-time program consideration.

I do mostly agree with you otherwise though. Good for him on choosing the Shocks, but it's not as if it was a tough choice. Wanna take a 9, or one of several 3's and 4's, to the prom?

Comment

If we are judging the talent level by offers - on the day a young man commits...Ron Baker was offered by Ft Hays, one of the Dakotas, and some small school in Arkansas. He turned out to be a decent role player.

He also committed to UNM fairly early in the process which might explain the lack of offers.

Comment

If he turns out to be more than just a role player, I'm thrilled we pulled him out of Cretins back yard. Have to admit, I was hoping for Brown out of Memphis but knew he had the summer to complete school work before he could commit anywhere. And if I'm not mistaken, Harris said it was unlikely that he and Brown would go to the same college program so maybe this means Tyler Harris is really leaning toward us rather than Iowa State.

Comment

So with this addition does this mean we have 4 big men aka the 4 HEADED MONSTER?! Yikes!!!!!! I'm ready for the season to start!

Comment

Working...
                                X