Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Still would take a half self-absorbed Andrew Wiggins or Karl Anthony Towns.
    I'd absolutely take 'em, and sit them on the bench, Marshall style until they are playing angry. Then, look out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      I'd absolutely take 'em, and sit them on the bench, Marshall style until they are playing angry. Then, look out.
      You have to wonder if talented players would play to the expectations of Marshall or fold under pressure. Those that meet expectations will be successful. Would Oubre have upped his game at WSU?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        You have to wonder if talented players would play to the expectations of Marshall or fold under pressure. Those that meet expectations will be successful. Would Oubre have upped his game at WSU?
        He would've or he would've ridden the bench. I think you're right that he would've folded under pressure. On the other hand, I think 3G has recruited some very talented players that eventually learned to play to his expectations. I think it's all about their mind-set, not their talent level when it comes to that.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• .................................................. ............... But Isaac will make a great fit as a Shocker.

Comment

• If he's willing to put in the work that 3G and his staff ask of their players, he certainly will.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              Case in point...Zach Brown versus Oubre. We saw the reason why. Oh, and our team won by double digits.
              Notice how I didnt say Kelly Oubre. Wiggins and Towns were all in players.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Notice how I didnt say Kelly Oubre. Wiggins and Towns were all in players.
                I liked Towns. I never could really figure Wiggins out.

Comment

• If you wouldn't have wanted A. Wiggins or K. Towns, I will just say a silent prayer of thanks that you're not the coach and HCGM is.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Nah -- guys who worry about where they rank according to ESPN aren't good candidates to Play Angry. They're more likely to Play Self-absorbed. (Or, speaking of Self, to Play Sleepy, a/k/a Play Oubre).
                    Meh. The truly ultra-competitive people want to be #1 at everything. Even recruiting rankings.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      .................................................. ............... But Isaac will make a great fit as a Shocker.
                      What, monster? A comment relevant to the title player? It's an outrage, I tell you -- an outrage!

Any by the way, yes, he would. Bring him on.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with Wiggins and Towns. Andrew is the real deal and he played his tail off at KU. Impressive rookie year in the NBA. Plus for obvious reasons he's friendly with our guys.
                        Oubre is another story. Not that he's a bad person, but I don't think any tears were shed by that staff when he left. As previous posters have noted that kid was in his own program.

Comment

• Seriously doubt that any coach worth his salt would not have the confidence in himself to even consider not risking a scholarship for a Wiggins type player (unless he was a complete known trouble maker) on the remote chance that he could not mode the player to his way of playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            What, monster? A comment relevant to the title player? It's an outrage, I tell you -- an outrage!

Any by the way, yes, he would. Bring him on.
                            Sometimes, the masses lose their "focus" this time of year and just need a little nudge back to reality. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but either way, it is hard to find news to "focus" on in June.

Comment

• Is New Mexico still involved or not? Just found this dated 6/6/15.

Comment

• Man it sure would be awesome to see Fred and Ron feeding him the ball next season. Is it possible to get even LOUDER in Koch???
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X