Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sekshoxfan View Post
    Is New Mexico still involved or not? Just found this dated 6/6/15.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.VXsZ8PlVhBf
    I would trust their message board before a local news station, especially since the article has 0 substance at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by sekshoxfan View Post
      Is New Mexico still involved or not? Just found this dated 6/6/15.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.VXsZ8PlVhBf
      LoboLair says no. I have a tendency to believe them.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Might want to let him know how they treat Aussies down there in Lobo Land............

Comment

• The community has been nothing but great for Hugh and his family, as his mother has battled breast cancer. UNM has had quite a few Aussies on the team in the past, Luc Longley the most successful NBA'r. Unfortunately, crime happens everywhere.

Originally posted by JackStraw View Post
          Might want to let him know how they treat Aussies down there in Lobo Land............

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s...l#.VXs5UPlViko

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            There's been no change in nine days ...
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Has anyone called Isaac on the phone and just outright ask him about his college plans?

If not, I will call him.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• My dreams stay firm hoping we do sign Issac for this very Season in the mix with FVV and Baker to feed the ball inside to him and our other bigs. I think of the team we had that was picked to finish around 4th in the Valley but landed in the Final 4 when Baker and FVV were Freshmen. We dreamed of the day as we watched those 2 embraced walking in the tunnel after we were done playing that Dance when they would play here as Seniors. That future Season we imagined draweth nigh.

With that said, let's embark on a 'blast from the past' on a team we had many moons ago. Many of you will remember this team we once had. Our bigs were Carr, Levingston, Ozell Jones, Zarko Djuricic, and Eric Kuhn. We also had Karl Papke, Mike Denny, and Jay Jackson that could play the 3--etc. At the guard slots we had Tony Martin, Randy Smithson, Mike Jones, James Gibbs, and Zoran Radovic. From top to bottom, this was a very deep and talented team.

We had another great team that made the Final 4 and Stallworth and Bowman did not even get to play at that Dance. We still had Pete, Thompson, Leach, etc.

Remember our NIT Championship team? That was a deep team but so was the team that went undefeated through the regular Season that barely lost to Kentucky at the Dance. I already mentioned our recent Final 4 team. Then there was the team with A. Carr that made the Elite 8 and the Season with Turgeon coaching when we made the Sweet 16.

Now let's fast-forward to the here and now. How will our team depth match up to these former great Shocker teams? This Season's team begins with the mighty trifecta. Coach Marshall, Baker, and FVV all returned which increased our aspirations beyond a mild roar. 3G has never made a basket for us but he sure can Coach with the very best of them. Add to that several young players returning that are keepers along with maybe Marshall's best incoming Recruiting Class thus-far and we understand why Shocker-Nation is wishing it was already October. FVV and Baker will be considered as an elite guard tandem on a National scale even with the harshest of the skeptics. It has been said that your guards are a huge factor in how long you Dance. If that be so, we also have Frankamp, Taylor and Shamet to provide quality backup.

Now, will we sign Issac? If so, will he be eligible this Season and next or will it be for the following Season? Stay tuned because we do not know as of yet. Even so, as you think of these great Shocker Teams of the past, we can be assured that this Season's Team already has great potential to be mentioned in the same breath with these various great Shocker teams of the past. What would this forevershockerfan think if we were to land Issac? Look up!!! The roof, the roof!!! If we don't sign Issac for this very Season, we will still be finer than a frog hair because our mix of bigs will be solid and improving as a unit. History of Shocker player development and improvement under 3G is evidence that demands a positive verdict.

Last but not least, they say the teams that have quality Senior leadership have solid success and can take you far. We have that going on for sure so are ya'll ready for this? The roof, the roof!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Contact with Isaac

Funny, del Rio. As you undoubtedly know, NCAA rules prohibit direct contact with recruit prospects if you are a fan for the purpose of recruiting unless you are a relative. It's in the NCAA rule book.

Comment

• Oh brother, and I thought I could be slow on the uptake at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                      Funny, del Rio. As you undoubtedly know, NCAA rules prohibit direct contact with recruit prospects if you are a fan for the purpose of recruiting unless you are a relative. It's in the NCAA rule book.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Has anyone called Isaac on the phone and just outright ask him about his college plans?

If not, I will call him.
                        heh....heh.... you know that there will be somebody who thinks u are for real and are going to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          heh....heh.... you know that there will be somebody who thinks u are for real and are going to do it.
                          NOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it !!

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                            I'm just sitting over here thinking about how hilarious it is that if @Ricardo del Rio calls Isaac Humphries on the phone to ask him to come to Wichita State, WSU will get into more trouble than North Carolina for having fake classes for 100s of players for like a decade. I wonder if the NCAA rule book mentions that being an issue?

I mean...they aren't going to get into much trouble over it, so why would I care if Ricardo goes ahead and starts recruiting players privately? Might as well. I'm pretty sure calling the game tighter got added to the rule book, too, and that lasted for about 10 games in 2013-2014 but it was effectively NOT in the rule book anymore by March.

I guess I'm not so sure I believe the rule book knows what it is talking about anymore. It's a progressive, living document.

Comment

• "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X