No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he's here in 2015, he will still be with us in 16-17.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• For some reason I have a hard time imagining us being a championship caliber team post FVV and Ron Baker for 2016-2017 (and Cotton this for this upcoming season). The intangibles those 3 brought were national championship caliber. If the Land of Auz somehow someway gets here this season it obviously make us National Contenders in probably every way shape and form. However...should we land the Land of Auz next year after FVV and Ron graduate...it's still a HUGE upside for our program no doubt but man....woulda, coulda, shoulda THIS YEAR!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is....we will be a completely different "team" after they graduate and there ain't nuttin' in the cupboard resembling FVV or Ron Baker.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• They'll definitely be difficult to replace, if not impossible, so I agree that this is our best chance to get that NC. That being said, the cupboard is far from bare after they leave.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          If he's here in 2015, he will still be with us in 16-17.
          Well, one would hope, trop. But that's probably what Duke thought about Tyus Jones this year, or what the Butler fans expected of Gordon Hayward before he came out of nowhere to just miss taking down a previous Duke team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Well, one would hope, trop. But that's probably what Duke thought about Tyus Jones this year, or what the Butler fans expected of Gordon Hayward before he came out of nowhere to just miss taking down a previous Duke team.
            Humphries is too young to enter the NBA draft after the 2015-16 season, so he will absolutely be playing college ball in 2016-17. The only question is whether that is his freshman or sophomore year of college.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Humphries is too young to enter the NBA draft after the 2015-16 season, so he will absolutely be playing college ball in 2016-17. The only question is whether that is his freshman or sophomore year of college.
              And where it will be.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                For some reason I have a hard time imagining us being a championship caliber team post FVV and Ron Baker for 2016-2017 (and Cotton this for this upcoming season). The intangibles those 3 brought were national championship caliber. If the Land of Auz somehow someway gets here this season it obviously make us National Contenders in probably every way shape and form. However...should we land the Land of Auz next year after FVV and Ron graduate...it's still a HUGE upside for our program no doubt but man....woulda, coulda, shoulda THIS YEAR!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is....we will be a completely different "team" after they graduate and there ain't nuttin' in the cupboard resembling FVV or Ron Baker.
                What kind of "woe is me" thinking is this; yes we all hate to see FVV and RB leave but to conclude that the Shockers will be unable to field "national championship caliber teams" is ludicrous. HC3G has strengthened the roster each year he has been here and presently has the most talented roster readying to play next season. If the Aussie plays next season IMO the Shockers are definitely a Top 5 Team if not then the Shockers will have to make due with Top Ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  What kind of "woe is me" thinking is this; yes we all hate to see FVV and RB leave but to conclude that the Shockers will be unable to field "national championship caliber teams" is ludicrous. HC3G has strengthened the roster each year he has been here and presently has the most talented roster readying to play next season. If the Aussie plays next season IMO the Shockers are definitely a Top 5 Team if not then the Shockers will have to make due with Top Ten.
                  I don't think that's "woe is me" thinking at all. He didn't conclude that the Shockers will be unable to field "national championship caliber teams" at all -- he clearly concluded that the Shockers could not field a "national championship caliber TEAM" in 2016-17. Your statement implies that he concluded the Shockers will never be able to field that caliber of team in the future, when he only mentioned one team.

Considering, as things stand right now, we won't have a single senior on that year's team, and we won't return a single player with more experience than Rashard Kelly at 13.8 mpg, and we're currently returning 14.3 ppg/51.8 mpg, I'm pretty comfortable concluding we won't have a national championship caliber team in 2016-17 as well.

It'll be a good team, and will probably still be the favorite to win the MVC, but the freshmen/sophomores will have to show a hell of a lot this coming season to make me think they could play at a level that could realistically think about a national title in 16-17. Currently, there isn't one guy that I'm entirely confident about for that season, because I don't assume confidence about people that I haven't seen perform at that level yet.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    For some reason I have a hard time imagining us being a championship caliber team post FVV and Ron Baker for 2016-2017 (and Cotton this for this upcoming season). The intangibles those 3 brought were national championship caliber. If the Land of Auz somehow someway gets here this season it obviously make us National Contenders in probably every way shape and form. However...should we land the Land of Auz next year after FVV and Ron graduate...it's still a HUGE upside for our program no doubt but man....woulda, coulda, shoulda THIS YEAR!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is....we will be a completely different "team" after they graduate and there ain't nuttin' in the cupboard resembling FVV or Ron Baker.
                    Let's see how Landry and Taylor turn out first. FVV and Baker took the 1-2 mantle pretty early and they didn't get to learn from stars like themselves.

Comment

• I am not ready to crown Taylor or Shamet as heir apparent; nor am I prepared to settle for mediocrity from either. They will have the opportunity to earn their place in Shocker history, and I expect it to be after their freshman year. I am very excited about both (as well as Frankamp).
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Double post
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Double post
                          how dare you
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                            Let's see how Landry and Taylor turn out first. FVV and Baker took the 1-2 mantle pretty early and they didn't get to learn from stars like themselves.
                            Fred had a pretty decent PG to learn under that was a huge reason for the F4 appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              I don't think that's "woe is me" thinking at all. He didn't conclude that the Shockers will be unable to field "national championship caliber teams" at all -- he clearly concluded that the Shockers could not field a "national championship caliber TEAM" in 2016-17. Your statement implies that he concluded the Shockers will never be able to field that caliber of team in the future, when he only mentioned one team.

Considering, as things stand right now, we won't have a single senior on that year's team, and we won't return a single player with more experience than Rashard Kelly at 13.8 mpg, and we're currently returning 14.3 ppg/51.8 mpg, I'm pretty comfortable concluding we won't have a national championship caliber team in 2016-17 as well.

It'll be a good team, and will probably still be the favorite to win the MVC, but the freshmen/sophomores will have to show a hell of a lot this coming season to make me think they could play at a level that could realistically think about a national title in 16-17. Currently, there isn't one guy that I'm entirely confident about for that season, because I don't assume confidence about people that I haven't seen perform at that level yet.
                              IMO your conclusion is as confused as AZ Shocker's; the first season post FVV and RB the Shocker bench will have three guards (CF, TT, and LS) with better high school credentials than FVV and RB and these three guards will have had the benefit of observing/playing with FVV and RB - making the Shocker cupboard anything but bare.

IMO positions 3, 4 and 5 will also be stronger with the experience gained by EH, MM, RK, RN and ZB. The Shockers will have taller, as experienced and more athletic players at each of these positions for the 2015-2016 season.

Hide your head in the sand if you wish regards the Shocker men's basketball team but IMO HC3G is the engineer that drives the Shocker train not FVV and RB. As I have posted previously, IMO HC3G has constructed and is executing his own Marshall Plan regards Shocker basketball and as long as he is driving the train I am confident the Shockers will at a minimum maintain their current level of success. Can this Marshall Plan capture a NC for Wichita State? Who knows but IMO the next few years look exciting and entertaining for Shocker fans!
                              Last edited by Shocker1976; June 7, 2015, 07:46 PM. Reason: correcting typo RK not RS

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

We didn't have much returning after the 2012 season, either. But 2012/13 turned out to be pretty special.

Just because the players haven't showed up yet or haven't been called upon to be "the man" yet doesn't mean they won't be capable of it.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X