Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Expert click baiting. I'm sure Paul appreciates it.
    At least he made an effort to get information, and from a better source than anything else posted here.

Comment

• I wonder how long ago the coach said that. If it was in the last couple of days, it's no bueno for this year's roof blowing.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Would a HS coach have any role to play with reclassifying?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Would a HS coach have any role to play with reclassifying?
          He shouldn't. He should have nothing to do with academics, which is what would or would not allow a student to reclassify. Unless of course coaching is not his only role at the school.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• A coach's influence does concern me. Not because he would personally have a hand in helping him reclassify, but because he may try to persuade him not to do it for self-serving purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Humphries is not going to reclassify.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e21387630.html
              Isn't this the first semi-official confirmation that Humphries has indeed visited WSU? Other than the speculation running rampant on ShockerNet, I've not seen anything to confirm he visited the campus.

As much as I'd love to see him in the yellow and black next season, I'm just as satisfied locking him down for 2016. My roof would still be blown off in that scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Would a HS coach have any role to play with reclassifying?
                Whether he's a decision maker is one thing. Whether he would know what's going on is another, and it would be surprising -- although I suppose not unheard of -- for him to not know what's going on.

The article didn't explicitly say that his statement about Humphries not reclassifying was in response to a question from PaulS, or give a time reference as to how current the information was, but it certainly implied that it was up to date. Personally, I'm with Bluz. If Humphries were to become a Shocker in 2016, that would blow my roof off, too.
                Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 19, 2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  As much as I'd love to see him in the yellow and black next season, I'm just as satisfied locking him down for 2016. My roof would still be blown off in that scenario.
                  Absolutely. It really is only a matter of time before we land one of these guys. Coach Marhall and his staff have proven that they are elite at developing talent and winning games. We have 1st class facilities that the university had shown it is willing to invest in keeping that way. Marshall's new contract also gives us an aura of stability. I have a feeling that once we get one of these guys, the floodgates will open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    Isn't this the first semi-official confirmation that Humphries has indeed visited WSU?
                    Yes
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• I would be more than perfectly content if Isaac sends Coach Marshall a little piece of paper with his John Henry on it on around November 11th. Of course, you never know what might happen to change the equation between now and August 17th.

Comment

• Well that would be too bad if he couldn't become eligible this coming season. Not only would it have improved our Shocks chances to win a NC next season...but I also think it would've had a profound POSITIVE effect on Fred Van Vleet's draft stock next June.
                        Last edited by AZ Shocker; May 19, 2015, 06:16 PM.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'm guessing playing with Fred and Ron is a huge selling and a reason they want/wanted to get him reclassified.

Comment

• I have a question for one of you long time Shocker fans like me who has a better memory than I have. There was a player that played for the Shockers I believe he was a guard who played his professional ball in Australia, and became a long time coach. He eventually became a coach for the Australian National Team. I know this sounds like a trivia question, but does someone remember his name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                              I have a question for one of you long time Shocker fans like me who has a better memory than I have. There was a player that played for the Shockers I believe he was a guard who played his professional ball in Australia, and became a long time coach. He eventually became a coach for the Australian National Team. I know this sounds like a trivia question, but does someone remember his name?
                              Cal Bruton perhaps?
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsu789 View Post
                                Cal Bruton perhaps?
                                Yep and I believe he’s in their Hall of Fame

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X