Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
    According to that link, La Lumiere finals end at 11:00 AM on Wednesday. What do you now, Wednesday is the last day 2015 recruits can sign LOIs. What better way to celebrate finishing your final than signing up to be a Shocker.

In all seriousness, signing now would allow him to participate in summer practices and the international trip. It could be nice to not have to worry what you are doing for a whole summer.
    Actually the link shows finals continuing through Thursday with commencement on Friday. Here is a more detailed finals schedule:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      Actually the link shows finals continuing through Thursday with commencement on Friday. Here is a more detailed finals schedule:

http://www.lalumiere.org/wp-content/...m-Schedule.pdf
      Rats. I had quit scrolling at Page 2 and the page break was big enough that I thought I had read the whole thing. Oh well.

Comment

• So Wednesday is the final deadline to sign and play next year? So we will know by Thursday if this much ado about nothing for the upcoming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
          So Wednesday is the final deadline to sign and play next year? So we will know by Thursday if this much ado about nothing for the upcoming year.
          No. He can still re-classify and enroll, sign financial aid paperwork (the national letter of intent is not required at all), and be a Shocker next year. We may not find out until the summer.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• This kid wants to be a shocker pretty bad if he is willing to do all that in order to play with Fred and Ron.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              No. He can still re-classify and enroll, sign financial aid paperwork (the national letter of intent is not required at all), and be a Shocker next year. We may not find out until the summer.
              Possibly well into the summer at that.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                This kid wants to be a shocker pretty bad if he is willing to do all that in order to play with Fred and Ron.
                If you were a legit big that wanted a chance to play for a natty, wouldn't this setup seem like a no-brainer?

Playing time available at my position? Check.
                Nationally renowned coach? Check.
                All-Americans at other positions in lineup? Check.
                1st-rate facilities and crowd? Check.

Seems like an awesome situation. Oh, those All-Americans even like to pass the ball? Sign me up.

Comment

• Anything that doesn't involve the garden variety letter of intent operates on its own timetable, wuhog.

For example, in football -- where graduating early and getting to participate in spring practice before your freshman season can be a big advantage -- it's not uncommon for guys to make their decision, finish high school in December, sign a financial aid agreement, and enroll in January fpor the spring semester, all before National Signing Day comes along. That tends to be impractical in basketball, because if you graduate in December you give up your senior season on the court, and the team you want to join is already well underway. So there's no advantage to doing it. But the point remains the same: if what you're doing doesn't involve a letter of intent, the LOI signing periods are irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    This kid wants to be a shocker pretty bad if he is willing to do all that in order to play with Fred and Ron.
                    If I was him, I'd just be interested in the extra year of working with Marshall.

Playing with Fred and Ron is a bonus at that point. I'm sure the goal for him would be to make it to the NBA. Starting school a year earlier would give him an extra year with easily one of the best coaches in the country, in a top college S&C program, before meeting the 19 year age minimum.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Heh ... 247's Corey Evans switched his prediction from New Mexico to a toss-up today. That's the first non-WSU pick in some time, if you can call it that.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        If he comes here this summer, that means we'd basically have two choices to fix the scholarship limit again. Either someone leaves or someone goes to Sunrise.

There aren't too many choices for someone leaving. If someone was going to go to another school, they would have already made that choice. I think Wessel would be the only choice in this case. If he doesn't leave, then the other choice would be to have either Shamet and McDuffie go to Sunrise since I think the others already went to a prep school. I don't think Shamet or McDuffie are going to prep.

There is another choice. Someone pays their own way, but I don't think that will happen either.

Comment

• Someone like Nurger, Kelly, or Shaq might also have to leave.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Someone like Nurger, Kelly, or Shaq might also have to leave.
                            That's always possible, but if they hadd to wait until summer, they'd pretty much miss any summer school at a new school.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              That's always possible, but if they hadd to wait until summer, they'd pretty much miss any summer school at a new school.
                              Nurger can kiss his minutes good bye

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                                Nurger can kiss his minutes good bye
                                I'm not actually sure about this. I've had people tell me that the coaching staff is really high on him, even as a 4. I think all of our bigs lose minutes if we sign him, but it's worth it for the increased chance at a championship. I'm sure 3G has every possible option calculated as far as schollys are concerned.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X