No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you! too bad we have not used this connection to recruit other Australians.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      I'm guessing playing with Fred and Ron is a huge selling and a reason they want/wanted to get him reclassified.
      I concur. And as for having him for 2016, I would be happy as hell to see that too. I just hate the idea of giving the "blue-bloods" the majority of another year to steal him away. Also, having him now would guarantee 2 years in the program barring transfer.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Yep and I believe he’s in their Hall of Fame

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Bruton
        I was wondering if the Black Pearl was involved. Great for us! We ought to be able to recruit in Australia very effectively, Bruton is a legend there.

Comment

I'm guessing playing with Fred and Ron is a huge selling and a reason they want/wanted to get him reclassified.
          I assume they is 3G and staff. Are we sure that they want/wanted to get Isaac reclassified? I haven't followed this as closely as most of you guys bit since the coaches can not generally comment on any specific recruit I was just curious how we would know this for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I assume they is 3G and staff. Are we sure that they want/wanted to get Isaac reclassified? I haven't followed this as closely as most of you guys bit since the coaches can not generally comment on any specific recruit I was just curious how we would know this for sure.
            I am just making an assumption based on what our ShockerNet sources have said along with my own opinions. Next year is going to be our best team in a very long time. Combine that with a down year in college basketball and it a recipe for a very special year. I bet the pitch to Hunphries went something like: come play with the best backcourt in the country and win a national championship at a school where it would mean more and be remembered forever unlike most of the blue blood schools. That's not to say we couldn't win a championship in 16-17 but I don't think it's near as likely. I am just speculating here and could be way off base, but that line makes sense to me.

Comment

I am just making an assumption based on what our ShockerNet sources have said along with my own opinions. Next year is going to be our best team in a very long time. Combine that with a down year in college basketball and it a recipe for a very special year. I bet the pitch to Hunphries went something like: come play with the best backcourt in the country and win a national championship at a school where it would mean more and be remembered forever unlike most of the blue blood schools. That's not to say we couldn't win a championship in 16-17 but I don't think it's near as likely. I am just speculating here and could be way off base, but that line makes sense to me.
              How long is a very long time? I seem to remember a couple of shocker teams, one went to the Final Four and the other had a 35-1 record. I guess they were just okay teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                How long is a very long time? I seem to remember a couple of shocker teams, one went to the Final Four and the other had a 35-1 record. I guess they were just okay teams.
                The Final Four team was not a great team. The undefeated team was great but ran into a loaded UK squad. There won't be any loaded teams to run into next year.

Comment

The Final Four team was not a great team. The undefeated team was great but ran into a loaded UK squad. There won't be any loaded teams to run into next year.
                  That Final Four team was great when they figured it out.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• The Final Four team was great when they got healthy.

Comment

Who knows what the FF teams record would have been if not for the injuries during the regular season.

We didn't lose to Kentucky because they were a loaded team. They won by 2 points. I know it's hard for me to grasp during these heady times but you can't win every game regardless of how good you are.

And I don't understand how college basketball is down right now. Would you prefer the days when UCLA was on it's run?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Who knows what the FF teams record would have been if not for the injuries during the regular season.

We didn't lose to Kentucky because they were a loaded team. They won by 2 points. I know it's hard for me to grasp during these heady times but you can't win every game regardless of how good you are.

And I don't understand how college basketball is down right now. Would you prefer the days when UCLA was on it's run?
                        Because we lost I think there is a prevailing thought that that WSU lucked their way into getting close to winning.

UK was a single bucket from getting blown out of the game.

Then in the 2nd half they were a banked 3 (and as opposed to Baker, NOT FOULED) from being all but dead and buried. It was a game between 2 teams that had every chance to be National Champs. They won that one.

It happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                          The Final Four team was great when they got healthy.
                          Baffles me that people still don't get this.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            Yep and I believe he’s in their Hall of Fame

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Bruton
                            Holy crap! The things I learn on SN! I loved watching Cal play ball and had lost track of him. Probably would have known the whole history if Al had invented the interwebz sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing that little bit of trivia!

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              Yes
                              So Wichita State has interest in this kid, but has made no offer, correct? At least, not that has been published by anybody (a quick visit to Verbal Commits shows absolutely nothing on our interest in Humphries).

Can anybody explain the whole offer process? Who makes it public? Is it the athlete? I wouldn't think the coaching staff would be able to make such an announcement so I'm curious how all of the offers are made known and how much credence to put into such reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                                So Wichita State has interest in this kid, but has made no offer, correct? At least, not that has been published by anybody (a quick visit to Verbal Commits shows absolutely nothing on our interest in Humphries).

Can anybody explain the whole offer process? Who makes it public? Is it the athlete? I wouldn't think the coaching staff would be able to make such an announcement so I'm curious how all of the offers are made known and how much credence to put into such reports.
                                Only the athlete or someone connected to the athlete can publicize anything about their recruitment prior to signing an LOI.

Comment

Working...
                                X