Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I just have to ask now. Is the injury to GH gonna make for one more open scholly? Many, including I, thought he would be a long shot to return anyways, but this seal the deal? Guess that brings my number up to 6 now, 7 if EO doesn't show.

Comment

• the injury doesnt mean anything except hes injured.

For the schollie to open that means he would have to leave.

Comment

• I agree that the injury to Hatch has no impact on his return.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Question - Is all this latest interest, and mentioned on SN, for big men, ranging from 6'8" to 6'10" basically, just looking for a power forward, or

is it telling us that Orukpe probably won't make it here?

Comment

• I think it has more to do with PF. We'll probably know more about Orukpe in the next couple of weeks.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Watched Sports Sunday and thought I heard Bruce say (just before he signed off) that we would have up to 8 new players next year. Did I imagine this (they say the hearing is the first to go), and if I did not image it, where did I lose count?

Comment

• 1. Murry
                2. Kyles
                3. Hawkins
                4. Orupke
                5. Stutz
                6. Hannah
                7 & 8.........Marshall keeps saying AT LEAST 1 or 2 more.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                  1. Murry
                  2. Kyles
                  3. Hawkins
                  4. Orupke
                  5. Stutz
                  6. Hannah
                  7 & 8.........Marshall keeps saying AT LEAST 1 or 2 more.
                  Thanks. I had the six, but the last two were eluding me. I'll just have to be patient like the rest of SN.

Comment

• 1. Murry
                    2. Kyles
                    3. Hawkins
                    4. Orupke
                    5. Stutz
                    6. Hannah
                    7. JUCO PF
                    8. HS PG
                    9. HS PF/G

Comment

• Up until tonight, I really thought that we would only lose one, MAYBE two non-seniors going into next year. After hearing Marshall tonight, I have changed my mind. I think that he will sign as many recruits that he considers top rate as he can. If he can only get 1 of his top picks to sign, we lose 1 returner. If he can get 3-4 guys that are really high on his list, I think we sign them all and heads start to roll. He is going to do whatever he can to win as soon as he can. I don't know if I agree with doing things that way, but it is obvious he doesn't think there are many guys on the team who are earning their scholarship. It seems to me that he is the kind of guy that if you aren't earning the scholarship on the court, you won't have it for much longer.

Comment

• Coach was not a happy camper tonight. There could be a real need for "programs" to identify the influx of a reloaded Program early next year. HCGM is here to win games and hates all of this losing. Even so, next year, we will not have 4 Seniors either. Therefore, it will be a fun but transitional year. However, the following Season---watch out!!! We will be very very good by then. How big will this Class be? Big----Very Big!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• FSF...I disagree.

I think the kids coming in next year will be tougher and better prepared to play than the 4 seniors leaving. Outside of Matt, they don't have what it takes. They are not used to being winners.

I watched an interview with Coach Calipari earlier. He wants kids that have won State Championships! Plural. Ones that know winning, and won't accept losing. That is what Coach is bringing in. He is bringing in vocal, emotional, tough playing kids that will believe every game, even down 20, that they will win.

Comment

• Next year will be wholesale changes. I am bad about over-predicting how good the Shockers will be, especially this year early on. I'm not saying next years team will not be better than this one. I'm not saying our returning players will not be solid. I am saying that our big year should be the following Season. Next year will be fun and we should be better. But I do not want to over-exceed expectations and still say it will be a transitional year. Drake turned it around quick. I hope we can too. However, it may take another Season to really go where we want to go. This may end up being our best recruiting class in decades before it is all said and done. That is the exciting and encouraging part.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong FSF, we will lose games next year. Maybe more than this year. But at least it won't be from lack of heart and toughness.

Look for a very slow disappointing start, followed about mid-season with a 12-13 game winning streak through conference and conference tourney. We will be the 15-13 team that everyone is scared to have in thier bracket because by then the FR will be playing with a chip on thier shoulder, and they will play the respect card.

While some are upset over Ramon's T, I was JUMPING UP AND DOWN!! He was PISSED, and I thought Ellis should have knocked the ISU player into thier own bench before walking away. He wanted to, and really really bet he wishes he would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                                I think that (Marshall) will sign as many recruits that he considers top rate as he can. If he can only get 1 of his top picks to sign, we lose 1 returner. If he can get 3-4 guys that are really high on his list, I think we sign them all and heads start to roll. He is going to do whatever he can to win as soon as he can. I don't know if I agree with doing things that way, but it is obvious he doesn't think there are many guys on the team who are earning their scholarship. It seems to me that he is the kind of guy that if you aren't earning the scholarship on the court, you won't have it for much longer.
                                I think you are right on, I'm thinking that if he can upgrade a player he'll do it.

It's not the nicest thing to think about, but have any of you watched Winthrop lately? What he put on the floor consistently in Rock Hill has proven to be the real deal.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X