Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    Since we will be revisiting, my prediction for the roster sorted by next years class:

Seniors
    1. Ramon Clemente
    2. Mantas Griskenas

Juniors
    3. AJ Hawkins
    4. Clevin Hannah
    5. JUCO PF

Sophomores:
    6. Aaron Ellis
    7. Brett Burley
    8. Brett Michael

Freshman
    9. Toure Murry
    10. David Kyles
    11. Garrett Stutz
    12. HS PG
    13. HS PF
    14. HS Wing G/F
    15. HS Best player available/JUCO that will play large number of minutes.
    So this team would be filled with all HCGM players and absent of any Mark Turgeon players. Would this team win more or less games than this year?
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
      Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      Since we will be revisiting, my prediction for the roster sorted by next years class:

Seniors
      1. Ramon Clemente
      2. Mantas Griskenas

Juniors
      3. AJ Hawkins
      4. Clevin Hannah
      5. JUCO PF

Sophomores:
      6. Aaron Ellis
      7. Brett Burley
      8. Brett Michael

Freshman
      9. Toure Murry
      10. David Kyles
      11. Garrett Stutz
      12. HS PG
      13. HS PF
      14. HS Wing G/F
      So this team would be filled with all HCGM players and absent of any Mark Turgeon players. Would this team win more or less games than this year?
      Well, that would be tough to call. I think they would probably win 12-15 games, with the best playing coming late in the season. I think we could struggle until mid-January. Then I think things start going smoother.

I see Ramon becoming even more of a beast on the boards, definitely in the top 5 of the league. Mantas averages in double figures and solid number of boards. Hannah averages 8 or 9 ppg, and is among top in league in assists. AJ averages 15 ppg and is the go-to guy next year. He is driving and scoring or kicking to Mantas and Toure to shoot 3's, or to David who drives and hits a mid-range jumper. Garrett struggles early inside, but becomes a solid 8-10 point 7-9 rebound guy by end of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
        Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

Seniors
        1. Ramon Clemente
        2. Mantas Griskenas

Juniors
        3. AJ Hawkins
        4. Clevin Hannah
        5. JUCO PF

Sophomores:
        6. Aaron Ellis
        7. Brett Burley
        8. Brett Michael

Freshman
        9. Toure Murry
        10. David Kyles
        11. Garrett Stutz
        12. HS PG
        13. HS PF
        14. HS Wing G/F
        Could it play any worse. And so far, only one of Turgeon's guys (Matt) seem to be doing good at all times. I think it would end up better.

Comment

• Does anyone know, if there is a whiff of hysteria in the air?

The needle on my hysteria detector is all the way to the right and in the red zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

I see Ramon becoming even more of a beast on the boards, definitely in the top 5 of the league.
            He's #5 currently

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
            Does anyone know, if there is a whiff of hysteria in the air?

The needle on my hysteria detector is all the way to the right and in the red zone.
            Si mon

Comment

• Probably one of the biggest choke jobs in the Midwest in the last 40 years, yep, probably some hysteria.

Comment

• ASM,

The valley will have better big men next year, so it will probably take double figure average to be there. Plus, we should have at least one other big next year that can box out and rebound with out fouling taking some of the pressure off Ramon.

Comment

• I think you guys are too down on Gal.
                  If he doesn't leave of his own accord, Marshall will find a way to motivate Gal.
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by fastbow
                    I think you guys are too down on Gal.
                    If he doesn't leave of his own accord, Marshall will find a way to motivate Gal.
                    By asking him not to return?

Comment

• Gal's problem isn't motivation, toughness, fear, or any of the other things that plague several other members of this team. His problem, and his only problem (mentally or psychologically speaking), is knowing his own limitations. He is not scared at the end of games. He wants to be the man. He is not good enough physically to do what he wants to do mentally. He needs to either improve his game to the point that he can be the man, or realize that he needs to find a lesser role in which to excell.

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                        Gal's problem isn't motivation, toughness, fear, or any of the other things that plague several other members of this team. His problem, and his only problem (mentally or psychologically speaking), is knowing his own limitations. He is not scared at the end of games. He wants to be the man. He is not good enough physically to do what he wants to do mentally. He needs to either improve his game to the point that he can be the man, or realize that he needs to find a lesser role in which to excell.
                        That is the best take on Gal's late game performances I have read. Kudos to you, sir! :good:

Comment

• I don't believe any crow will need to be eaten. Who stays, with the exception of those returnees listed by MikeShox, will be determined by who shows up (EO) and who HCGM can sign that he believes is an upgrade. He does not want to go through this type of a season again unless he is building HIS type of team for the future.

Comment

• I love the confidence of fans in February.

I'm not posting predictions because I don't know. I'm happy that so many people here can read the future. Since all predictions are surely correct, I agree that nobody will need to eat crow. Still, why not "Trust but Verify"? ;-)
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• After last night, I am thinking instead of signing 2 more recruits, it may be more like 3-4. Just a hunch based on all circumstantial conjecture.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Well, we will find out against Northern Arizona what has been written on the wall. Either they come out storming mad, and pull out a win, or the ones that have given up will look silly around Matt, Ramon, and Gal.

Comment

Working...
                                X