Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Best pickup for HCPM yet, IMO.
    Could make a case for Justin Hill as well, given the importance of the Point Guard position, but the fact that there is a debate and both are ostensibly great additions makes me feel very good about the roster heading into next season. Still need to land someone between 6'8 and 8'0 for the frontcourt.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Could make a case for Justin Hill as well, given the importance of the Point Guard position, but the fact that there is a debate and both are ostensibly great additions makes me feel very good about the roster heading into next season. Still need to land someone between 6'8 and 8'0 for the frontcourt.
      I want the 8-footer that can run like a deer and jump out of the gym.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

With a single horn in the middle of his head and a horse's tail.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Should be easy enough to find.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Small ball, small ball, read all about it. This is the recruit I really wanted.. Now for plan B on a sol8d center.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Small ball, small ball, read all about it. This is the recruit I really wanted.. Now for plan B on a sol8d center.
                Small ball can work pretty good if it's the right pieces and game plan. Won't ride it to too many championships probably, but can be done successfully.

But I prefer we just go get another solid true big man to be safe lol
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Agreed. I think all three additions would be A or B grades given where the program is at currently.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Small ball can work pretty good if it's the right pieces and game plan. Won't ride it to too many championships probably, but can be done successfully.

But I prefer we just go get another solid true big man to be safe lol
                      I thought Zapala was adequate as a backup. I wasn't expecting much other than not getting curb stomped when Ballard needed a break.

If that level of true big man is getting a bag at a P5, then there are no solid true big men to be had. Finding a 6'8" or bigger guy who's even a small upgrade fom Abidde could be challenging.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Washington seems like a fine young man and a nice player.

Comment

• Probably best overall pickup, with Hill being the most important pickup. Mills has definitely done way better. Still a massive hole at the 5, but all 3 pickups so far look like contributors and better than the players already on the roster. You couldn't say that last year for most of them. Also nice that he has 2 years left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Probably best overall pickup, with Hill being the most important pickup. Mills has definitely done way better. Still a massive hole at the 5, but all 3 pickups so far look like contributors and better than the players already on the roster. You couldn't say that last year for most of them. Also nice that he has 2 years left.
                            100%

The bar was very low, but I am happier right now than I had been most of last offseason lol

Comment

• Last year's hole at PG was massive because it's the most important position and we didn't have one at all. This year's hole at Center is comparatively small, because we have a top 50 in America player already at that position. It's still our biggest hole for sure, and it's the second trickiest slot to fill, but at least we're looking for a backup and not a starter this season.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Last year's hole at PG was massive because it's the most important position and we didn't have one at all. This year's hole at Center is comparatively small, because we have a top 50 in America player already at that position. It's still our biggest hole for sure, and it's the second trickiest slot to fill, but at least we're looking for a backup and not a starter this season.
                                With the Washington addition, I’m feeling very positive about this year. If our guards from last year can improve, develop a better 3 ball (Xavier in particular made huge strides from the year before. Hoping he can do that one more time), then we could be dangerous.

We’ll be much smaller than last year but if we can get someone who may not be huge as a backup 5, but who’s stacked and can win through aggressiveness (USF this past season if I recall? Or was it UNT?), then I’m happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X