No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somebody name a couple Canadian basketball studs that made a monster impact in the NCAA their freshman year? I'm talking one and done, type guys.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• EDIT: Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Now that the whole thing is over I am just thinking how funny it would be if Nick has a better season.

Didn't Selby have a pretty mediocre season before he left :)

I was thinking about it and I realized something. Nick is entering his second season under MARSHALL. Preceding jucos are Clemente, Hannah, Smith, Ragland, Hall...

If Nick doesn't have a monster season next year he would actually be breaking the mold.

Oh how I would love Nick to do that. It would make this thread even funnier...also we would be just about undefeated.

I love Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          Exactly.

I'm disappointed he didn't chose FSU or WSU, but he's still an FSU legacy and the brother of a WSU player who seems to be a very nice guy. I'll cheer for him personally regardless.
          Doesn't he have another brother that is only two hours away from Florida State?

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
            Andrew's dad wanted him to go to FSU.

I'd like to see this rumor mill you guys get your information from.

Also, if you don't think Marshall wouldn't have offered Wiggins' dad an assistant position if he thought he had a realistic shot at getting Andrew (which he did not) then you're fooling yourself.
            Would anyone on this board care if we gave Wiggins' dad an assistant position in exchange for his son to play here? I wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
              Would anyone on this board care if we gave Wiggins' dad an assistant position in exchange for his son to play here? I wouldn't.
              Is his dad going to stay for two seasons?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  I would.
                  Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                    I would.
                    It's easy to say that now but if it was a real possibility he would come here you'd change your mind. Cognitive dissonance is a *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Is his dad going to stay for two seasons?
                      In this hypothetical situation, let's say yes.

Comment

It's easy to say that now but if it was a real possibility he would come here you'd change your mind. Cognitive dissonance is a *****.
                        Spoken like someone with experience in compromising ethics and morality for "better" results. Don't assume that everyone is shallow, weak and cynical.

Comment

I personally wasn't that interested in him as a player here. I didn't think he would be a good fit with what we have going here. That said, I would have loved the national attention. But wsu is blue collar. It's always been and always will be a struggle to succeed but when it happens the right way it feels so much better.... He is one hell of a player that makes the ceiling for any team much higher. Ku fans are rightfully ecstatic to have him. I just don't feel he fit Marshall's system. Frankly I'm still trying to convince myself cle fits.

Comment

• I started feeling somewhat like shoxtop when word came out Andrew didn't want to attend summer classes.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              I started feeling somewhat like shoxtop when word came out Andrew didn't want to attend summer classes.
                              Wasn't that because he wanted to play this summer for the Canadian Junior team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                                I personally wasn't that interested in him as a player here. I didn't think he would be a good fit with what we have going here. That said, I would have loved the national attention. But wsu is blue collar. It's always been and always will be a struggle to succeed but when it happens the right way it feels so much better.... He is one hell of a player that makes the ceiling for any team much higher. Ku fans are rightfully ecstatic to have him. I just don't feel he fit Marshall's system. Frankly I'm still trying to convince myself cle fits.
                                lets not say that we didnt want him here...just happen another program got him...he doesnt seem like a ball hog kinda player...and I think he might have fit, he might not have...but I think we all would want players like this...just gotta move on to get players who wanna play Marshall Law Ball

Comment

Working...
                                X