Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    Bill Self makes recruiting trips during the season all the time. He was in Wichita to watch Perry Ellis numerous times, sometimes even after a home game. It's only a 2.5 hour drive and I'm sure Wiggins is going to have a car and some free time eventually. If not Wichita, then maybe our games in KC.
    he's going to be driving a new car

Comment

• Can we kill this thread? No longer pertains (as if it did anyway) to MBB and I'm sick of it popping up on my feed of "new posts".

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
        Can we kill this thread? No longer pertains (as if it did anyway) to MBB and I'm sick of it popping up on my feed of "new posts".
        YES PLEASE!

Between this and the AD ES discussion this board is getting BAD.

Comment

• Really glad...

... AW is taking his talents to Lawrence.

Although it would have been a recruiting coup if he picked WSU, it would have also been a major circus and distraction to the core of this team.

HCGM has built a team, based on guys who are here for more than a cup of coffee and have bought into his system.

AW is the most definite 'one and done' candidate ever. His one year in KU-land will consist of a 4 month traveling show next Winter.

Although it would have made for good TV ratings and ESPN blurbs every 30 minutes, it would have been disruptive to a finely tuned machine that is currently humming on all cylinders.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see what they do with the one year they have him...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
              YES PLEASE!

Between this and the AD ES discussion this board is getting BAD.
              But if AD JS was still here, we would be rejoicing the signature of a second Wiggins.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                Whether Wiggins' dad is or isn't going to be a coach at KU and that's why they got him, it looks good for the state of Kansas that the #1 recruit THAT DOESN'T EVEN LIVE IN AMERICA is going to a school in our state. Now recruits can say "If Wiggins thinks Lawrence isn't so bad, maybe Wichita is just as good, if not better".

Maybe Andrew will drive to Wichita and take in a few WSU games. That equals more press for us. Outside of him coming to WSU, which wasn't going to happen, he picked the 2nd best spot for us.
                We could send a note of congratulations to Phognet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  Is the average age of posters here 7? 6?
                  For myself, you probably do not realize how close you are in your guess.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• i knew it, i told nick, i knew it. And I was dead on. I wonder if Andrew will have to pay for his gas to come down and see Nick.
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• This section is about Wichita State basketball.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• eat crow.
                        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Oh , I'm so disappointed, after Dofo virtually promised us. I guess we'll just have to beat KU in the national title game next year.
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            he's going to be driving a new car
                            Wasn't aware that KU signed Neon Boudeaux today......

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            We could send a note of congratulations to Phognet.
                            Actually, they should be sending one to us. Wiggins pretty much said having his brother a few hours away factored into him signing with KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
                              i knew it, i told nick, i knew it. And I was dead on. I wonder if Andrew will have to pay for his gas to come down and see Nick.
                              congratulations. You had a 25% chance to guess correctly.

Comment

• I had dinner with a couple of big KU supporters on Thursday and they told me that Andrew was coming to KU. That it was pretty much a done deal. I just smiled and didn't really believe them. I guess they really did know what they were talking about afterall.
                                Last edited by shocker3; May 15, 2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X