Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blame dofo

Comment

• Oh well... never too early for 'Rock Chalk' posts on facebook I guess.... (rolling my eyes)

Comment

• Originally posted by RipEmUpShox View Post
        i knew it, i told nick, i knew it. And I was dead on. I wonder if Andrew will have to pay for his gas to come down and see Nick.
        You are the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          ... AW is taking his talents to Lawrence.

Although it would have been a recruiting coup if he picked WSU, it would have also been a major circus and distraction to the core of this team.

HCGM has built a team, based on guys who are here for more than a cup of coffee and have bought into his system.

AW is the most definite 'one and done' candidate ever. His one year in KU-land will consist of a 4 month traveling show next Winter.

Although it would have made for good TV ratings and ESPN blurbs every 30 minutes, it would have been disruptive to a finely tuned machine that is currently humming on all cylinders.

That is all.
          You.

Damn.

Straight.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good luck to the kid in Lawrence, but we've got something different and purer going on.

Next.

Comment

• So now there are two thread about Andrew Wiggins. They need to be combined or locked down.

Comment

• When does his dad start his meaningless position, and how much does it pay? http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/a...chell-wiggins/

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                I had dinner with a couple of big Ku supporters on Thursday and they told me that Andrew was coming to KU. That it was pretty much a done deal. I just smiled and didn't really believe them. I guess they really did know what they were talking about afterall.
                Not really. Fans of all four programs were very confident. Because no one actually knew anything.

The only reason anyone at Kansas would have known anything more than anyone else is if the rumors of Mitchell Wiggins being hired as an assistant are true.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Sure, many of us wanted Andrew here. Yeal, he may be the top signing for KU since Danny Manning? However, it is of essence for us to sign players that want to be here and fit our mold and needs. Here is what excites me much more because I am not a KU fan and we are already very deep at the 3 slot where Andrew might play.

1. Nick may have a very solid Senior Season and look for several of our returning players to develop and improve over the summer . 2. We have 3 returning starters from our Final 4 Team along with FVV who played key minutes for us at the Dance. 3. We have a healthy Wessel who was a starter before his injury. 4. A guy I know that has seen Kadeem C. play several times, says he jumps out of the gym and is a playa. 5. This recruiting Class we have has Carter, a Top 10 Juco player, and Shaq who may be the best player coming out of Oklahoma this Season. 6. Early is never late and will be one of several 'go to players' and most likely an All American player. 7. Because of reasons (4,5,6), we will be improved on the inside bigs overall. Because of 1-6, this may go down as the very best Shocker Team ever in terms of quality depth.

Does all of this mean we will be better than last Season and crest at the right time again with match-ups that we need at the Dance to even top last Season? Dunno about all of that. Stay tuned.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                    I had dinner with a couple of big Ku supporters on Thursday and they told me that Andrew was coming to KU. That it was pretty much a done deal. I just smiled and didn't really believe them. I guess they really did know what they were talking about afterall.
                    If you'd had dinner with a couple of big FSU supporters, they'd have probably told you the same thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                      When does his dad start his meaningless position, and how much does it pay? http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/a...chell-wiggins/
                      Don't know. How quickly did Dalonte Hill start his coaching gig at K-State after Beasley signed?
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I get post 1000 on the wiggins thread :)

Comment

• why are we talking so much about a player KU got on a Wichita State forum/fansite...???

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                                why are we talking so much about a player KU got on a Wichita State forum/fansite...???
                                Because they are our little sister to the North
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X