Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    I wasn't asking what his decision would be, just why he was waiting so late to make it if, indeed, he has made his choice. If he has chosen, there has to be a reason for this late disclosure. We may never know the why of it, but someday (soon I hope) everyone will know WHO. Some suggestions I made as to why he has put off announcing have now been confirmed that they are at least plausible, but whose to say other than Andrew and his family. I hope his decision has been made so he is not conflicted over it and is just waiting for what to him would be the "proper time" to announce. This has to be wearing on him and his immediate family, Nick included. Hope it's over soon so the family can relax and not have to watch every word they say. I feel for them in that regard.
    I think that's easy: He hasn't made his decision.

He can't turn his LOI in yet. Why make a decision if it literally can't be final yet?

You constantly see kids making verbal commitments and then flipping to some other school before their LOI. That's not good for anyone.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I wasn't asking what his decision would be, just why he was waiting so late to make it if, indeed, he has made his choice. If he has chosen, there has to be a reason for this late disclosure. We may never know the why of it, but someday (soon I hope) everyone will know WHO. Some suggestions I made as to why he has put off announcing have now been confirmed that they are at least plausible, but whose to say other than Andrew and his family. I hope his decision has been made so he is not conflicted over it and is just waiting for what to him would be the "proper time" to announce. This has to be wearing on him and his immediate family, Nick included. Hope it's over soon so the family can relax and not have to watch every word they say. I feel for them in that regard.
      Here's your explanation:

1) He doesn't know yet.
      2) He is waiting for the opportunity for his announcement to be the best possible time for him. My guess is that since this is a recruiting "dead" period that he wants to wait until the first signing day when there will be a TON of news to cover so that some of the reporters will be forced to cover their local team and leave him out of it. Once he signs, he can simply ignore every other recruiter in the country. Maybe he just wants to wait for Nick to have his final four celebration. Maybe he has family out of town that he wants to be there with him. Perhaps he gave his word to one or more of the coaches that he would wait and talk to them one last time before announcing.
      3) Who cares why he is waiting. It's his choice.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Who else shares my opinion that while this is interesting, it really doesn't matter to you?

I mean, I get that if Andrew shows up here, our program has a tremendous opportunity to take a big leap forward...I do get that. But if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't I am still 100% stoked about the future of Shocker Basketball, both short term and long term.

It's interesting...but that's about it.

Comment

• I hope this young man does what he wants to do and not what somebody else wants him to do. I think WSU would be an excellent fit for him for many reasons mainly playing with his brother is a once in a lifetime chance. But at the end of the day he needs to live his life not to have any regrets...so follow your dreams young man, follow your dreams!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Who else shares my opinion that while this is interesting, it really doesn't matter to you?

I mean, I get that if Andrew shows up here, our program has a tremendous opportunity to take a big leap forward...I do get that. But if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't I am still 100% stoked about the future of Shocker Basketball, both short term and long term.

It's interesting...but that's about it.
            I'm pretty much in agreement with you. I want him to be a Shocker, and would be totally stoked if he signed here, but if he doesn't, I'm okay with it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't know that I could get any more stoked about the future of the Shox....even if he does sign with us. Our future is bright with or without AW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                I hope this young man does what he wants to do and not what somebody else wants him to do. I think WSU would be an excellent fit for him for many reasons mainly playing with his brother is a once in a lifetime chance. But at the end of the day he needs to live his life not to have any regrets...so follow your dreams young man, follow your dreams!
                Liked, Thanked, and Quoted. Outstanding post!

Do what you want to do young man. That's the only true road to success and happiness.

Comment

• I imagine most feel like Doc. I certainly do. Our program is in great shape.
                  Last edited by tropicalshox; April 14, 2013, 12:28 AM.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Look. This is not needed. We are not desperate need for talent. We are freaking loaded. AW playing here would be just be cool. Nobody is worried about our program. We are in great shape. I just want to see dude at CKA. That's all.

Comment

I wasn't asking what his decision would be, just why he was waiting so late to make it.
                      Why is it important that WSU or Shocker fans know the answer to your question? Why is it important for anyone to know the answer?

We will know by and by.

(Southern interpretation of "by and by": We will know by tomorrow or by next Monday or by next week or by next month or by next year, etc.)
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Thanks for the interpretation that was not needed. It is not important that Shocker fans or WSU know the answer. I simply wanted someone who knows more about basketball than I do to set out some of the reason ANY basketball player would delay his announcement. There must be some strategy involved and I was simply curious. I will not apologize for being curious and wanting to learn, even if it invites sarcastic remarks from some of the posters.

Comment

• Andrew is like the boy whose parents take to the toy shop. The parents tell the boy he can only have one toy. So the boy finally gets it down to 3-4 toys that he really likes. Now his parents tell him they need to go because the store is closing. So will the boy pick his favorite toy from his 3 or 4 favorites? Or will he grab just any toy before the store closes?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Andrew is like the boy whose parents take to the toy shop. The parents tell the boy he can only have one toy. So the boy finally gets it down to 3-4 toys that he really likes. Now his parents tell him they need to go because the store is closing. So will the boy pick his favorite toy from his 3 or 4 favorites? Or will he grab just any toy before the store closes?
                            Or the parents are telling him that one toy is the best but he really wants another.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Does anyone know if Nicks parents are planning to attend the celebration on Monday? If so, will his little brother also be tagging along?

Comment

• This is Nick's time and his family is welcome but with absolutely no ulterior motives. I've met Nick and he was a complete gentleman.

Comment

Working...
                                X