No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is his defense? If it's anything like Nick's, he might be riding the bench just like Nick, if he was to somehow end up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      How is his defense? If it's anything like Nick's, he might be riding the bench just like Nick, if he was to somehow end up here.
      that's a ridiculous assertion. He's the #1 player in the country and has been for 2 straight years. He would start for anyone, incuding WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        that's a ridiculous assertion. He's the #1 player in the country and has been for 2 straight years. He would start for anyone, incuding WSU.
        I don't care if he's #1 in the universe. If he doesn't play the way coach wants him to play he wouldn't start. I don't see HCGM bending over for any one player on his team. It would totally destroy his ability to teach. To play for Gregg Marshall, you have to play defense as well as offense.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          I don't care if he's #1 in the universe. If he doesn't play the way coach wants him to play he wouldn't start. I don't see HCGM bending over for any one player on his team. It would totally destroy his ability to teach. To play for Gregg Marshall, you have to play defense as well as offense.

T

You don't become number one in the country by being lazy and not playing D
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Playing D in HS is not playing D in D1.. and it is CERTAINLY not playing D for HCGM.

T

Comment

• I guess the point is.. many BCS-bound players do not like playing D and do not have to play much D at their chosen school. Convincing a prima donna to get down and dirty on the defensive end.. or worse.. scramble for lose balls is a difficult proposition. HCGM expects that from all his players, and #1 wouldn't be an exception.

T

Comment

• This is all funny coming from the guy who wanted Casey Crawford so badly. His big knock was work ethic and defense.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• this has gotten really stooopid

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    This is all funny coming from the guy who wanted Casey Crawford so badly. His big knock was work ethic and defense.
                    What does this have to do with a player not starting if he doesn't play defense? That's just Gregg Marshall, it isn't me. I personally prefer higher scoring games versus the defensive grudge matches. My preferences don't change the fact that no player in the world is going to start for HCGM if he doesn't play defense the way Gregg wants it played. That's just the plain, simple truth.

T

Comment

• P.S.

I don't think Crawford would even be offered a WSU scholarship in 2012. My fetish over that LaFrentz lookalike was over a loooooong time ago. The standards for a Shocker player in 2012 versus 2006(?) are not similar.

T

Comment

• it's the assumption that he doesn't play defense that is derailing tis thread. the dude is a stud, not a one dimensional scoring machine. he would start at wsu because he can flat out play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          it's the assumption that he doesn't play defense that is derailing tis thread. the dude is a stud, not a one dimensional scoring machine. he would start at wsu because he can flat out play.
                          It's the assumption that someone said he doesn't play defense when no one did.

Comment

• Unless you've been to a game, you really can't tell how a player is going to do defensively because most of the online videos are only going to show the offensive plays from the player.

Comment

• I've mentioned it before but Eric Bossi calls him a very good defensive player.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                                I've mentioned it before but Eric Bossi calls him a very good defensive player.
                                We finally have the answer to @1979Shocker: 's question and the only correct response to his post.

Comment

Working...
                                X