Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I understand your concerns about not pointing fingers, and defending a school of which you are a fan and has not done wrong. That said, allegations and suppositions that the likes of Calipari are cheating isn't exactly classless, inferiority-complex, finger-pointing.
    I think Calipari is borderline scum, but I think most of the allegations of recruiting violations by Calipari are simply jealousy until proven otherwise.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      I feel like you're assuming an awful lot here.
      I'm not assuming anything...going off of first hand information. I can see where you and others might not want to believe it though since it's second hand to you.

Comment

• My point was stating that "vanity" is just so unfreshing to me. It'd be cool to see someone do something totally unexpected in the name of NOT following the herd. I'd like to see underdogs get "the" bone sometimes. Hence why it was so "refreshing" to see George Mason, Butler, VCU and now finally my Shockers in the Final Four!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• i dont consider ours and Butlers final 4 runs in the same category as VCU and George Mason's in terms of surprises, especially, Butlers second run at it

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            I think Calipari is borderline scum, but I think most of the allegations of recruiting violations by Calipari are simply jealousy until proven otherwise.
            Maybe Cal is a cheater and maybe not, however, Calipari's NCAA record is not as good as it could be since after he leaves a school, said school generally has to vacate most of their wins. Cal didn't cheat mind you, but some other booster did and poor ole Calipari has to deal with it, or rather Cal's former school.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
              Maybe, but they're having enough issues with the Ben Mclemore fiasco...they don't need more of the same.
              I highly doubt Bill Self has stopped recruiting the #1 recruit in the nation because some AAU coach took some cash on the side.

If power programs started doing that nobody would recruit anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                I highly doubt Bill Self has stopped recruiting the #1 recruit in the nation because some AAU coach took some cash on the side.

If power programs started doing that nobody would recruit anyone.
                XMan is sounding a little like KU connections. Nothing wrong with that to me but still interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                  That is actually a pretty good article. Kind of funny too!

Comment

• A) Wiggins has never had a list. His "List" is nothing more than the schools he took official visits to.
                    B) He did not take a 5th visit, which means one of the schools he has visited (officially or unofficially) will be his choice.
                    C) Is it possible he visited Wichita and NO ONE knew?
                    D) The scholarship situation is not something that favors adding anyone as we are already full.
                    E) 90% of people on this board have ZERO idea what they are talking about.
                    F) I am one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                      The Wichita State section is why I think at some point a top recruit is going to a non-BCS school. It would do wonders for their hero/villain image.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        I'm not assuming anything...going off of first hand information. I can see where you and others might not want to believe it though since it's second hand to you.
                        First hand information comes from the people directly involved. I doubt that you've talked to Andrew or his parents. Hearing that from Nick directly is a little far fetched but not impossible. Still, if that's true, I don't think you should be putting that out there on the internet.

Comment

• That was a funny article. And I really think the country is waiting for that #1 to a non BCS school to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            XMan is sounding a little like KU connections. Nothing wrong with that to me but still interesting.
                            How so? Because I choose not to bash Bill Self and/or KU in a thread about a guy they're going after?

How's this then:

Florida State is by far and away the front runner for Wiggins and it will be a huge shock if he doesn't go there.

Now am I sounding a little like FSU connections? Or should I try harder?

Wait, I said "shock" in a sentence about him. So does that mean I think he's coming to Wichita State now? Or is that reading too much into that......

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            D) The scholarship situation is not something that favors adding anyone as we are already full.
                            I know you're being sarcastic with most of your post, but if ANYONE actually believes Marshall would tell the #1 player in the country he's "full with scholarship players" and there's no room for him, you're hilariously out of touch with the world. One of the weakest scholarship players on the team would be told to transfer or to pay his own way.
                            Last edited by XManCometh; May 13, 2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• If I were to bet, I would pick KU. I think UK is too crowded, FSU isn't blue blood enough, and Roy Williams is a *****.

Plus, if family is that important, Nick is just 2 hours away.

KU, to me, is where he goes.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X