No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yetna would be an excellent addition to our front court, and he might help the growth of Bilau as a player.

Comment

ISU Redturds now with four players in the portal. Wasn't there a turd fan on Twitter last year making a huge deal about WSU having so many transfers? Looks like slimy Dan might have some issues in (ab)Normal.

Comment

Christian Brown - 6'6" 215 LB forward from Georgia is transferring. 4.5 star recruit according to VerbalCommits out of HS. Was offered by WSU. Three year of eligibility. Averaged 4.5 points and 2.1 rebounds last season while shooting 43.6% from the field. Played just 11 minutes per game. Had some hamstring and other leg injuries this season. Originally from Hopkins, SC and played prep at Oak Hill Academy.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...r/_/id/4431709

Comment

Kansas State G Rudi Williams (JR) is entering the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/rudi-williams

Comment

Wonder who appears in here first for WSU? And how many?
            The Assman

Comment

I'm guessing at least 2
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

3, perhaps 4. Plus 2 graduate

Comment

5 in total. Please: at least...1 C, 1 PF, 1 PG. If Tyson leaves (even if he doesn’t)...then 1SG too.

Comment

I've been hoping for two years that IPBC would transfer. Seems like a good kid, just doesn't have the talent we need.

I feel like Jenkins will transfer, we have guards I don't see him breaking into the lineup next year, unless he drastically improves. He barely sniffed the court this year.

I hope Tr Wade transfers, barely played as a JR, don't see him getting that much playing time next year and if he does then something horrible happened.

Obviously not saying anything that hasn't been said, we desperately need a PG, a long PF, a C and another guard.

I think Ricky will be fine, hopefully he takes the last few games personnel and works his ass off this summer.

I hope Jackson can harness his energy and be more efficient, become a better shooter and dribbler.

Porter, TBH I was not impressed with him at all this year and not sure he is the answer next year for even a back up pg. I hope I'm wrong but I always felt he was playing in slow motion.

Comment

Can we please avoid talk of wishing that players would transfer out of our program? I don't care what you think of their game, wishing them gone is disrespectful and in poor taste imho. It is embarrassing to want players to be loyal to the program yet have fans treat them as disposable commodities.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think it would be mutually beneficial if a handful of players ended up in the portal.

Nothing wishing for this or that at all, just the honest truth.
                        The Assman

Comment

The Mad Hatter

Sorry that I came off as disrespectful, not my intention at all. I invest a lot of time and energy in leading young people and I've found that blatant honesty is best; however, I can see how saying I have wanted IPBC to transfer for years could be interpreted as disrespectful

But in my opinion being honest and cutting to the chase is best , doesn't matter if it's High School JV or High Level D1. IPBC averaging 3.2 pts and 2.4 reb, when he had every opportunity this year, sums up what outcome would workout for both parties.

A lot of players aren't loyal, and neither are coaches they are all trying to get something out of the program. They'll leave for a variety of reasons, and they should if it isn't the right fit. However, I'm not saying that their talent and fit to the program has anything to do with their worth, or who they are as a person. The players, coaches and fans should want what's best for the players.

The harsh reality is that in our society everyone is a commodity, especially players; they trade their skill and time for a free education, and in a few years they probably will be making money for their likeness (which I'm ok with). Therefore, their skill and time are precious so they need to be where both can be maximized.

It's in the best option of the player, who wants to play, to go somewhere else if they aren't going to play at the current program. It worked out for some of the players from last year. Look at Midtgaard, pretty sure he's glad he moved on, he probably increased his European pro-stock by leaving and finding a better fit.
                          Last edited by ArmyShockerFan; March 19, 2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Regarding IPBC, I kinda hope he stays. I have zero expectations that he will improve, I think he is what he is. That said, he’s a decent backup for short stretches and probably better than any freshman we bring in. If he’s happy in that role, bring him back. If he wants to play, like Mitgaard, he should probably explore his options. I just don’t get it with guys like him. He’s big, coordinated, athletic, and actually a decent defender in the post. He just has zero offensive post skills. It would be interesting to listen in on the post season meetings, that’s for sure.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with honesty regarding players. Sick of worrying about players' feelings. My player
                              assessments:

MU - turned me from skeptic to believer the 2nd half of the season. KEEPER
                              DD - KEEPER for sure
                              TE - His pilot light went out last night and he played soft, however, very good overall season. KEEPER, for sure.
                              CJ - Needs to improve offensively and to understand his role by not forcing things offensively but he is a KEEPER.
                              RC - KEEPER
                              CP - I think the talent is there and will play better not being overshadowed by AG - KEEPER
                              IC - Depends on whether or not we have a quality big coming in, if not, he will be needed

HCIB - Very disappointed in his in game coaching and/or lack thereof. Jury is out on recruiting. A couple standout
                              recruits to go along with our nucleus could make him look much better. Needs to be tougher and in charge.

Comment

Ya, this is in really poor taste, IMO. Bad look. Let things play out.

Comment

Working...
                                X