No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cincinnati C Mamoudou Diarra (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/mamoudou-diarra

Comment

Tari Eason out at Cincy now too. Averaged 7.3 points and 5.9 boards as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Tari Eason out at Cincy now too. Averaged 7.3 points and 5.9 boards as a freshman.
        Jake

@jakeweingarten
        Breaking: Cincinnati freshman Tari Eason will be transferring from the program, he told
        @Stockrisers
        . The 6’8 forward appeared in 23 games and averaged 7.5 points and 1.3 blocks per game. Will draw high-major suitors instantly.

Comment

Coach Forbes picking up a good one in Jake LaRavia from Indiana State. Averaged 12.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.5 steals, and 2.3 assists as a sophomore while shooting 47.3% from FG.

Comment

Question: If a large % of seniors who have the option to return next year elect to do so will that perhaps diminish the opportunities for all these players wanting to transfer. I know those schollies of those seniors opting for an extra year won't count but available playing time may not be as readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
              Most of these higher quality players transferring tells me they want to play on NCAA tournament teams. It's so easy now to use a year or two as a "tryout" to show your worth for a higher quality program. But beware - see Jamarious Burton for example (not that he used WSU as a stepping stone).
              That’s a lot of it. But if players like their team/school experience and have relationships with their teammates and other students, they are more likely to want to return. I still think that now, Head and Asst. coaches have to manage and care for their roster during the year, differently than the past, and that may be as important as recruiting. That doesn’t mean they automatically renew everyone’s schollie, or that all will return, but it will make a difference to keep players that they want to stay.

Comment

One Cincy fan called Brannen “Gregg Marshall without the wins”

Ironic because he played under FHCGM when he was an assistant at Marshall.
                Last edited by shoxlax; March 16, 2021, 09:49 PM. Reason: S

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  One Cincy fan called Brannen “Gregg Marshall without the wins”

Ironic because he played under FHCGM when he was an assistant at Marshall.
                  I only saw Gregg Marshall as a Head Coach and not as an Asst. Coach at several schools. He did have a boss at Marshall U. for two years who I would speculate had more coaching influence in his players than GM. To your scenario, I suppose it’s possible that a player would say after 2 years, either unwittingly or knowingly, “I’m going to coach just like that mean Assistant Coach” and then turn out that way. But Brannon had to have lots of coaching mentors. I never heard him mention GM as one of his mentors. I did hear GM mention many times that John Kresse who was a HOF Coach influenced him greatly.

Comment

Verbal Commits
                    @VerbalCommits
                    ·
                    12m
                    PORTAL: North Carolina Central G C.J. Keyser (RS SR) has entered. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/c-j-keyser

Comment

Good for CJ. I am guessing he is looking for a higher profile program to make a run at a deep NCAA run. Who knows though, NC Central has had quite a few guys leave already so maybe something greater going on.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Good for CJ. I am guessing he is looking for a higher profile program to make a run at a deep NCAA run. Who knows though, NC Central has had quite a few guys leave already so maybe something greater going on.
                        I doubt anything negative is happening at NC Central. LeVelle Moton is one of the genuinely fantastic human beings in the coaching world.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

How many is that from Cincy now? I've lost count. 5? 6?
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            I dunno, but most of them would help us

Comment

Coaches may want to be a little picky (at least check out their character) with transfers. In the past, they could get rid of some problems and now with the influx of the Huge numbers of transfers, they can be taking in more problems. Cincinnati had some problems this year. Players walking out on the team, players walking off the court and into the locker room (who does that?) during a game, and being allowed to come back, may show that their players had problems besides losing and a coach who was unhappy with them.

However, I loved Gabe Blair, and some other transfers from our past.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                I believe this is 5 so far: Eason, Diarra, Harvey, Madsen, Saunders

I must admit, I thought the Madsen leaving was the older better one. It's actually the younger one who didn't play much.

Comment

Working...
                                X