No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother Jacob Groves in the portal as well. 9.3 / 4.2 / 0.9 points rebounds assists as a SO last season. Three years of eligibility.

View the profile of Virginia Cavaliers Forward Jacob Groves on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Let’s get em!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Only took 5 shots per game and shot 50%. But elite defensively.
        David Muoka stands 6’10”. He averages 3.5 blocks per game this past year and has 2-3 years eligibility (I think 3yrs because this year doesn’t count against him). He sounds like a perfect compliment to Mo Udeze. Maybe he could learn some low post moves from Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Eastern Washington's Tanner Groves in the portal...here we go! The darling of the KU/UW game. Averaged 17.2 / 8.0 / 1.3 points rebounds assists as a Junior. Two years of eligibility.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../tanner-groves

https://verbalcommits.com/players/tanner-groves
          Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Brother Jacob Groves in the portal as well. 9.3 / 4.2 / 0.9 points rebounds assists as a SO last season. Three years of eligibility.

View the profile of Virginia Cavaliers Forward Jacob Groves on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

https://verbalcommits.com/players/jacob-groves
          They're from Spokane, so they may be dreaming of playing there. Problem is, the Zags have only 2 seniors and have a 5 star PG and 2 4 star PF coming in.

It will be interesting to see if any of the good west coast players from non-P5 schools leave the area.

Comment

• Saw this guy just hit the portal, but don't know the story.

Complete career NCAAM stats for the North Carolina Tar Heels Forward Sterling Manley on ESPN. Includes points, rebounds, and assists.

Comment

• Shocktalk, he is a grad transfer with 2 years to play. Had a lot of injuries for 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

They're from Spokane, so they may be dreaming of playing there. Problem is, the Zags have only 2 seniors and have a 5 star PG and 2 4 star PF coming in.

It will be interesting to see if any of the good west coast players from non-P5 schools leave the area.
                If so remember who called it first

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  Shocktalk, he is a grad transfer with 2 years to play. Had a lot of injuries for 2 years.
                  It's a gamble, but with no reliable backup to Mo, he could help and give Seymore time to develop. IPBC may be needed to help Monzy out if Wade leaves. Who knows about JB.

If he's healthy, those were not bad numbers he had as a freshman, just not UNC freshman numbers.

Comment

It's a gamble, but with no reliable backup to Mo, he could help and give Seymore time to develop. IPBC may be needed to help Monzy out if Wade leaves. Who knows about JB.

If he's healthy, those were not bad numbers he had as a freshman, just not UNC freshman numbers.
                    Isn't Jaden the backup for Monzy?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Assuming our seniors don’t come back, we have 2 SGs and 7 forwards. Your guess is as good as any.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

If Wade is gone, I would think that Monzy is the 4. If JS is a 4 more than a 5, then, yes, IPBC would back up Mo. Is JS ready for 15 minutes at the 4? How'd that work out with IPBC backing up at the 5?

IF healthy, Manley should be a solid backup to Mo and IPBC could go back to what I believe is his more natural position at the 4. Hopefully, between IPBC and JS, they can handle 15 minutes. Unfortunately, Bilau is just a total unknown at this time.

Comment

If Wade is gone, I would think that Monzy is the 4. If JS is a 4 more than a 5, then, yes, IPBC would back up Mo. Is JS ready for 15 minutes at the 4? How'd that work out with IPBC backing up at the 5?

IF healthy, Manley should be a solid backup to Mo and IPBC could go back to what I believe is his more natural position at the 4. Hopefully, between IPBC and JS, they can handle 15 minutes. Unfortunately, Bilau is just a total unknown at this time.
                          Just don't think it's all that great having a 6'7" guy backing up our 6'8" center. We need a big.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Assuming our seniors don’t come back, we have 2 SGs and 7 forwards. Your guess is as good as any.
                            I consider forwards as the 4/5 positions. Minus Wade, I count 5 with Monzy able to play the 3. DD and RC4 are 3s with RC4 also a 2 along with ETN. Those 3 plus Jenkins should be ample for those 2 positions. Obviously, the PG position is hurting right now.

The problems are:

1) With all the 4/5's we have, we don't seem to have solid depth. If a starter gets hurt or has foul problems, it's covered by a committee of unknown value. Even if Wade stays, that only covers the the 4. Unfortunately, looking at past performance, I'm not comfortable with backups to Mo, making it our second most vulnerable spot.

2) Our most solid area is the 2/3 positions with 3 solid players plus 1 to be of determined value and Monzy in a pinch (if Wade is back).

3) Biggest need is another fairly solid point and keep ETN no more than #3 in that depth chart.

Comment

Just don't think it's all that great having a 6'7" guy backing up our 6'8" center. We need a big.
                              Who's the 6'7" player? First, that's why I threw out Sterling Manley from UNC at 6'11". Beyond that, IPBC and Seymore are 6'9" and Bilau is 6'10". Monzy is at the 4.

Comment

Who's the 6'7" player? First, that's why I threw out Sterling Manley from UNC at 6'11". Beyond that, IPBC and Seymore are 6'9" and Bilau is 6'10". Monzy is at the 4.
                                Sorry dude. I read Monzy and not Manley. That's where the 6'7" came from. We're on the same page.

Comment

Working...
                                X