No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years have we, as Shocker fans, lamented the lack of a true big and a true PG? Seems like every year that didn't include FVV.

Comment

• Josh Roberts - 6'9" 220 LB F has entered the portal from St. Johns. Offered by the Shox out of Monteverde Academy and Troy, AL. Averaged 2.6 / 2.7 / 0.8 points, rebounds, blocks as a Junior last year. Would have two years of eligibility. Averaged 10.6 mpg last season, which was down from his SO season when he averaged 19 mpg and averaged 5 / 5.8 / 1.5.

View the profile of Manhattan Jaspers Forward Josh Roberts on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Only losing one so far in the transfer portal. I’m a little surprised. I would think within the next few days, we should have official news, and idea of anyone else that may still be considering a transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
          How many years have we, as Shocker fans, lamented the lack of a true big and a true PG? Seems like every year that didn't include FVV.
          I was pretty happy with Clevin/Stutz, Landry/Shaq.

Comment

• Darius McNeill leaving SMU. Averaged 7.3 / 2.6 / 1.0 points, rebounds, assists last season as a Junior.

View the profile of Troy Trojans Guard Darius McNeill on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Also very happy with Malcolm Armistead and Joe Ragland.

Comment

• Khadim Sy From Ole Miss is in the portal . Had a rough year this year, but averaged 9 and 5 last year. 6'10 240.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

In hindsight, perhaps. I know while Stutz was here everyone loved his FTs but lamented that he was not a "true" big who was a power rebounder and a force in the paint. Maybe he escaped that for one season, but let's not be revisionist here. The call for a legit big and a legit PG have been ongoing for a decade plus. The PG had exceptions, but has not been even close to a constant; there have been far more years without one than with.

Regarding Landry: didn't we all want him to stay at the 2?

Comment

In hindsight, perhaps. I know while Stutz was here everyone loved his FTs but lamented that he was not a "true" big who was a power rebounder and a force in the paint. Maybe he escaped that for one season, but let's not be revisionist here. The call for a legit big and a legit PG have been ongoing for a decade plus. The PG had exceptions, but has not been even close to a constant; there have been far more years without one than with.

That's not just a WSU thing. That's a lamentation of all but about 5 teams in all of college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Ole Miss F K.J. Buffen (JR) has entered the transfer portal. https://verbalcommits.com/players/k-j-buffen

had a WSU offer
                      Buffen commits to UAB.

Comment

• Teddy Allen in the portal looking for his fourth D1 team.

Comment

If Stutz wasn’t a “true” big man I don’t know who was. His senior year was his best season but he was good his junior year and had moments before that. I was not one of the people who called for his head. I understand that big men take more time to develop.

I’ve also been satisfied with our PG position pretty much Marshall’s entire tenure except for probably the 2018-2019 season when we had to rely on a freshman and Samaje.

I know there are some out there who espouse the view point you’re referring to but I’m not one of them. I would have been happy with either Landry or Austin running the point.

This is all consistent with my views back then, I’m not being revisionist.

Comment

• Has been in the portal since January. Probably going to have some heavy competition. High 4 star out of high school. Good size combo guard leaving Texas Tech.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Oof, I don't even know where to start. Yikes. #headcase

Calling my shot...Boise State or Nevada.

Comment

Working...
                                X