2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Illinois State F Abdou Ndiaye (SO) has entered the transfer portal. https://verbalcommits.com/players/abdou-ndiaye…

had a WSU offer
    View the profile of Seton Hall Pirates Forward Abdou Ndiaye on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I wonder what happened at UT-Martin. 13 players in the transfer portal.
      The head coach passed away in November and they are not retaining the interim coach.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

fired the coach I think
        I found something on this. Even more sad, as the HC was found dead back in November:

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

The head coach passed away in November and they are not retaining the interim coach.
          Something about this caught my attention...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Stay away from him. He sounds to be as bad as TP. A player on should play until the year is over or I don’t trust him to ever do the right thing when “chips are down” on the court or off. Im not saying he shouldn’t quit. Just that I don’t want him on my team.
            Careful...Dex took a leave in his sophomore year, and I believe his freshman year as well.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Check out this weird scenario:

Caleb Grill signs with South Dakota State and Coach TJ Otzelberger.

Otzelberger goes to UNLV so Caleb gets out of his LOI and signs with Iowa State.

Caleb then transfers to UNLV to be with coach who originally signed him.

Iowa State job opens up and Otzelberger is leading candidate.

Now what will Caleb do if Otzelberger is hired?

Has a player ever had two different stints at the same school separated by a stop at another D-1 school?

Comment

It might be easier to highlight players staying at said schools.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Careful...Dex took a leave in his sophomore year, and I believe his freshman year as well.
                  Sarcasm perhaps?

Or are you really conflating Williams getting mad (in the middle of the game) while on the court, playing, during the game, because he was angry at his coach who must have yelled at him, and leaving his teammates to play 4 on 5, and walking to the locker room in anger, with Dex taking a leave of absence during the week, between games? The situation with Dex, while concerning, isn’t close to the same.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sarcasm perhaps?

Or are you really conflating Williams getting mad (in the middle of the game) while on the court, playing, during the game, because he was angry at his coach who must have yelled at him, and leaving his teammates to play 4 on 5, and walking to the locker room in anger, with Dex taking a leave of absence during the week, between games? The situation with Dex, while concerning, isn’t close to the same.
                      You didn’t say game, you said year: “A player on should play until the year is over”

Thank you for being careful and clarifying your point.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You didn’t say game, you said year: “A player on should play until the year is over”

Thank you for being careful and clarifying your point.
                        No. I should have clarified it to begin with. I watched the Shocker game against Cincy, when Williams walked off the court and the television people were talking about it. No one knew why at the time. I just figured that you probably had watched the same game and saw the incident. Williams had disappeared to the locker room, only to come back out later. The tv analysts were wondering why too. Only today, did we find out that he was angry at Brannen.

Comment

They need to make it where you get 1 freebie transfer, after that there are penalties.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            They need to make it where you get 1 freebie transfer, after that there are penalties.
                            Thought that was one of the changes they were looking at. But it might just be a football recommendation and me thinking it would apply to basketball too.

Comment

This is almost a separate thread in and of itself. Transfer Pandemic: Cause, Effect, and Solutions.

Last edited by shoxlax; March 18, 2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

South Florida F Alexis Yetna (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/alexis-yetna

Comment

Working...
                                X