No announcement yet.

Deontae Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkins isn't a recruit anymore so it's outside of trop's wheelhouse. trop still reigns.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Hawkins isn't a recruit anymore so it's outside of trop's wheelhouse. trop still reigns.
      That he does!! :good:

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
        Guess I'll retire.
        You certainly live in the right place, but, what the hell -- hang in there anyway.

Comment

• I wonder what he'll think about when he's old and grey... all the NCAA tournament trips, rings, and structure he would have gotten at WSU. Or, how great it was to play second (or lesser) fiddle his entire college career.

Comment

• I have two speculations about Hawkins.

1) He's attended his last class at IlSU and will never get a degree.

2) If the Redbirds accept an NIT bid, will Hawkins play?

I'm pretty confident of #1. #2 wouldn't surprise me.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Pretty good talent...but glad he never put on a SHOCKER jersey.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I have two speculations about Hawkins.

1) He's attended his last class at IlSU and will never get a degree.

2) If the Redbirds accept an NIT bid, will Hawkins play?

I'm pretty confident of #1. #2 wouldn't surprise me.
                We discussed the same thing on the way home, our guess is if they don't make the NCAA he will finally be "disciplined" for everything and not play in the NIT. If they somehow make the NCAA Muller will continue to look the other way and play him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Pretty good talent...but glad he never put on a SHOCKER jersey.
                  If he had put on a Shocker jersey, he would have been finishing his career somewhere else. Shaq has almost been booted a couple of times. He doesn't have the character issues Hawkins has.

I am really glad this turned out the way it did. Players are investments. You spend time, effort and coaching hoping you can make them better.

With Hawkins, it would have been a wasted investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    If he had put on a Shocker jersey, he would have been finishing his career somewhere else. Shaq has almost been booted a couple of times. He doesn't have the character issues Hawkins has.

I am really glad this turned out the way it did. Players are investments. You spend time, effort and coaching hoping you can make them better.

With Hawkins, it would have been a wasted investment.
                    Maybe. Or maybe it would have been the best thing that ever happened to Hawkins. I doubt it would have worked out, but if it had, it may have changed his life.

Comment

• I think Hawkins will play for Illinois State in the post-season whether in the NCAA or the NIT.

I thought the double technical on him and Darral seemed a bit of an over reaction by the official who called it (at least when viewed as an isolated incident) and the other technical was no worse then the technical on McIntosh.

If he doesn't play in the NIT it would more likely be just because he doesn't want to and not because he is being disciplined.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think Hawkins will play for Illinois State in the post-season whether in the NCAA or the NIT.

I thought the double technical on him and Darral seemed a bit of an over reaction by the official who called it (at least when viewed as an isolated incident) and the other technical was no worse then the technical on McIntosh.

If he doesn't play in the NIT it would more likely be just because he doesn't want to and not because he is being disciplined.

of course that would be why

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          of course that would be why
                          It never occurred to me that he might be disciplined. I just think he might be done with everything involving Illinois State. I think he made a fitting exit to his college career when the camera followed him as he got up off the bench and walked to the locker room.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• In the words of Garth Brooks "sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"

Comment

• Verbal Commits‏*@VerbalCommits 14h
                              14 hours ago

More
                              Former Illinois State/BC commit F Deontae Hawkins (RS JR) reopened his recruitment. Eligible immediately. (HT @WZND) http://verbalcommits.com/players/deontae-hawkins*…

Comment

• This f***ing guy just can't commit to anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X