Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker
    dunk contest is boring. If you want to make it interesting,.
    I disagree Dunk Contests are great except for years its people entering who cant jump and have no creativity.

The point of a dunk contest is not to do some regular run of the mill dunk that you would in a game. However folks that enter shocker madness dunk contest *sans last year* seem to think its ok to just dribble the floor and 2 hand stuff. and then they act like they have done something.

So to make it interesting make sure you have guys that can fly and do stuff with the ball. Like David Kyles after seeing the .gif's hes made of himself he should easily be the favorite.

Comment

• I'm glad you don't as my hope is we will know real soon.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• DK certainly has, as they say, mad hops.
        Been a while since we've this level of athleticism about to hit 21st & Hillside. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Wow

Yessssss! Fifty pages, closing in on 1000 posts (many of them actually relevant to the nominal topic), and over 55000 views.

Is this guy fascinating, or what? He's going to have a heck of a time living up to this level of interest once he actually gets here. Maybe before he leaves Nigeria he can hustle out and kill a lion with a spear or some such thing, just so he (and especially we) can have something to talk about after he arrives.

Comment

• Could it be that this thread, could have as many replies as Sub has posts? Naaaa! :D Here could be some likely dunk contest participants. Kyles, EO, Clemente, Hawk, Ellis, and Toure. For the 3 point contest, all of our guards, Hawk, and Mantas G. Shoot Lights out at 21st and Hillside.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I did a little reading up on Nigerian basketball today and came across this quote from Ehimen's club coach:

To Bakare, the tutorials he is giving them should not have been necessary. He explains: “The problem with basketball in Nigeria is that we don’t play structured basketball. We depend on set. With set, you can never beat teams who structure their game.

“We are trying to make these guys learn under a structure; it will take time but we’ll better for it in the end.”
              Your guess is as good as mine on what "set" means. I took it as though they don't really run an offensive scheme.

I don't expect EO playing pick-up in the summer is going to help the mental side of his game. I think he will get a few minutes early in the year, but my guess is it will take a few months of practice and games to relearn the offensive side of the game.

Comment

• Marshall didn't change anything about the dunk contest. Turgeon let new players participate. I remember Karon getting screwed. :D
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  I did a little reading up on Nigerian basketball today and came across this quote from Ehimen's club coach:

To Bakare, the tutorials he is giving them should not have been necessary. He explains: “The problem with basketball in Nigeria is that we don’t play structured basketball. We depend on set. With set, you can never beat teams who structure their game.

“We are trying to make these guys learn under a structure; it will take time but we’ll better for it in the end.”
                  Your guess is as good as mine on what "set" means. I took it as though they don't really run an offensive scheme.

I don't expect EO playing pick-up in the summer is going to help the mental side of his game. I think he will get a few minutes early in the year, but my guess is it will take a few months of practice and games to relearn the offensive side of the game.
                  I'm assuming that he means that they try to run set plays, but if those don't work, they don't have an offense to go into (like the motion offense for example), so guys probably just go more one on one if the set didn't develop.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• My daughter will be helping judge the slam dunk competition this year....We'll make sure no one gets a 10 unless it's deserved! :D

I think Hawkins, Ramon and EO could put on a good show. I hope Marshall lets any of them participate, but I understand being safe with the starters.

Comment

• My money is still on Kyles!!!
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Maybe EO comes out of the bullpen tonight.

1,000 total posts in this thread in anticipation.

Comment

• Who'da thunk 1000 posts and this guy isn't even in the US yet. I sure hope we aren't all gonna be let down once he dons the Black and Gold. I won't be no matter what, cause at least I know he'll get a good education.

Comment

• Maybe he'll get this many blocks by the time he graduates :D :poster_eo:
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• If the big O shows up now would he be afforded room and board via his scholarship or would he have to pay his own way until summer school started....I he may have to wait until the scholarship kicks in...I don,t know but that was my assumtion

Comment

• I would assume he'd be fine to show up whenever at this point. Sounds like the summer session starts in a couple of weeks and I would think that you could move in before hand with some time to spare. That way kids can get in and get used to their new surroundings before school starts.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X