Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else just get this email?

Ah yes, kind citizens of America. I am emissary Prince Rupert of Nigeria.

Thank you for servicing the request of one fine athletic player, the good Ehimen Orukpe.

His talents will be exceptional for that of the NBA, known other wise as the Nigerian Basketball Association.

Please enclose promised payment.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• WOW! Is there really any Shocker fan who doesn't think that this is just the start of something really BIG?

Comment

• It is a GREAT day to be a Shocker!!!!
        Shox-4-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
          WOW! Is there really any Shocker fan who doesn't think that this is just the start of something really BIG?
          I don't see it that way. This is just part of the something really big. The something really big started with the hiring of Greg Marshall.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
            WOW! Is there really any Shocker fan who doesn't think that this is just the start of something really HUGE?
            Fixed
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Great news!!! Gives way to more strategy on lineups and position play.

I think I will even go to airport to greet him coming in ... :yahoo:

Comment

• Still getting more and more excited.

Comment

• Plan B? We don't need no stinkin' plan B! :posterwsu:

Comment

• I wonder how long it'll take once he first shows up to an airport...

Didn't Gal spend around 16 hours making his way to Wichita from Tel Aviv?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I wonder how long it'll take once he first shows up to an airport...

Didn't Gal spend around 16 hours making his way to Wichita from Tel Aviv?
                      Here are some listings of travel times between Lagos and Wichita if he left tomorrow.

Range is between 17 and 31 hours.

Edit: since 17 hours is how long it would take with one stop, that is probably the shortest possible travel time that you are going to see.

Some other listings I looked at were up to 48 hours.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Looks like odds are he'll spend over a day getting here.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Up to 48? That's just wrong. Nobody should have to spend that much time to get anywhere.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I'm just gonna go out there tonight and hang til he shows.

Truthfully, what is the precedence for having a welcoming for a totally unknown, unproven, untested freshman?

Still going to the airport. Just sayin!

What the heck are you guys gonna do when/if you see him?

Just curious.

And is there reason to believe that he would be coming soon?

Comment

• When does the summer session start? I'd assume they'd like to get him here, enrolled and in the weight room/gym as soon as possible. I'm sure he would too.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Which airport?

Mid Continent, or is there a chance Marshall meets him in the team plane at O'Hare or something?
                                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                                Students > Alumni
                                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X