No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I picked up at the game tonight was that he had started limited practices and re-injured the ankle.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      What I picked up at the game tonight was that he had started limited practices and re-injured the ankle.
      Then odds are we won't be seeing him for Tennessee and probably through the remainder of the non-con schedule.

Comment

• He's no longer wearing a boot. He was out on the court during the warm-ups feeding passes to others. Even took a couple shots. Gregg will make the right decision on when he returns.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          What I picked up at the game tonight was that he had started limited practices and re-injured the ankle.
          If I understand what Mike reported in the pre-game show he "tweaked" the ankle again yesterday (?) but he did participate in today's shoot around and was moving better on the ankle then he was prior to the Air Force game. At the shoot around before the Air Force game Mike described him as only being able to take baby steps. Sounds like it is getting better, but whether he will be available for Tennessee or not is still up in the air.

Comment

• If he's back for Tennessee or not, I just want him to get healthy. We're a better team with him playing, but we can do well without him. I'd rather have him healthy and active in March than December.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              He's no longer wearing a boot. He was out on the court during the warm-ups feeding passes to others. Even took a couple shots. Gregg will make the right decision on when he returns.
              The one I witnesses was an smooth, deliberate, easy set-shot from the 45-degree angle from the left, about 12 feet that never touched iron and clanged off the backboard beyond the basket. The rebound could have injured somebody had they been in the way.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                The one I witnesses was an smooth, deliberate, easy set-shot from the 45-degree angle from the left, about 12 feet that never touched iron and clanged off the backboard beyond the basket. The rebound could have injured somebody had they been in the way.
                What, a guy can't practice making alley-oop passes off the glass these days? :)
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  What, a guy can't practice making alley-oop passes off the glass these days? :)
                  I spent many summers doing that exact thing
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We sure miss ya big fella. Get back in the swing of things as soon as heavenly possible.

Signed,

Shocker Nation

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Yes. If orukpe started and held down his 15-20 minutes with good d, Tennessee wouldn't have had 69 points. Cle also wouldn't have had the foul trouble as badly and he might have been good for 10 points.

We lost a tough road game because we had two starters pretty much out or at least compromised a bit. It's as simple as that. Two starters.

I will be glad to have him back at 100% whenever that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Yes. If orukpe started and held down his 15-20 minutes with good d, Tennessee wouldn't have had 69 points. Cle also wouldn't have had the foul trouble as badly and he might have been good for 10 points.

We lost a tough road game because we had two starters pretty much out or at least compromised a bit. It's as simple as that. Two starters.

I will be glad to have him back at 100% whenever that is.
                        Meh...Tennessee was missing their big man and leading scorer too, in Jaronne Maymen. It's a wash. Injuries happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Meh...Tennessee was missing their big man and leading scorer too, in Jaronne Maymen. It's a wash. Injuries happen.
                          You're incorrect. If we had the EO that played against Iowa, we would have won the game. His athletic presence would have severely slowed the penetration efforts by the Vols. Cle' would have been freed up enormously with our star shot-blocker taking the risks. EO would have given us 5 fouls to use in the paint and it's been a looooong time since EO fouled out. Our guards could have played more careful defense knowing that EO was behind them. People just don't understand how much EO changes the game for the opposition. He gets into their minds...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            You're incorrect. If we had the EO that played against Iowa, we would have won the game. His athletic presence would have severely slowed the penetration efforts by the Vols. Cle' would have been freed up enormously with our star shot-blocker taking the risks. EO would have given us 5 fouls to use in the paint and it's been a looooong time since EO fouled out. Our guards could have played more careful defense knowing that EO was behind them. People just don't understand how much EO changes the game for the opposition. He gets into their minds...

T

I agree

Comment

• EO IS BACK!

He was extremely active in the game Friday and was back to his old ways of sticking like glue to the perimeter players when he flashes out to guard them. He blocked several shots but altered a TON more.

I am still amazed at all the shots he blocks or alters without committing a foul. There are at least 3 times a game where a guy goes up on EO and flails and loses control of the ball without it being a block or EO getting whistled. I am sitting there thinking EO is a magician. He is the polar opposite of Stutz when it comes to defending the paint. How many of us thought EO was going to be THIS good at avoiding fouls? That's right, zero.

T

Comment

• EO should be 100% by next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X