Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    According to a Suellentrop tweet EO is in a walking boot and questionable for Wednesday.
    Paul's tweet:

Paul Suellentrop‏@PaulS:uellentrop

Ehimen Orukpe in a walking boot on his right ankle today. He said he wasn't sure about playing Wednesday. Seems unlikely to me.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      According to a Suellentrop tweet EO is in a walking boot and questionable for Wednesday.
      Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Paul's tweet:

Paul Suellentrop‏@PaulSuellentrop

Ehimen Orukpe in a walking boot on his right ankle today. He said he wasn't sure about playing Wednesday. Seems unlikely to me.
      WTF.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• What a shame for EO. Just when the young man has a break-out game, he unfortunately gets injured.

Hope, for his sake, his recovery is rapid and he comes storming back.

Comment

• If we have to play without him I'm glad it's the Tulsa game. I don't think he'd be needed as much in that game as we should handle Tulsa fairly well either way. Best to get him right before the matchups with AFA and Tennessee.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Hopefully, we get a few more details regarding the extent of EO's injury on 3G's radio show tonight.

Comment

• I was a little (okay, a lot) surprised this didn't get more questions here and in general. EO went down hard and it looked to me to be a high ankle sprain the way he was clutching his leg and the pain he was showing.

I hope it's not a lot worse than the Tulsa game. How many teams can lose their 7' starting center and say they WON'T get faster?

Comment

• EO went down (VERY HARD) with, IIRC, about 2 minutes showing on the game clock. You could just barely see him limping to the side lines. Then the camera showed him on the floor clutching his right leg above the ankle. He went from the floor to a chair at the far end of the row just before the exit going to the locker rooms. That's the last the camera saw of him. I tried to spot him when the camera was showing the handshakes at the end of the game and then the players surrounding coach -- never saw him so I don't know if he was a participant at the trophy ceremony or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  EO went down (VERY HARD) with, IIRC, about 2 minutes showing on the game clock. You could just barely see him limping to the side lines. Then the camera showed him on the floor clutching his right leg above the ankle. He went from the floor to a chair at the far end of the row just before the exit going to the locker rooms. That's the last the camera saw of him. I tried to spot him when the camera was showing the handshakes at the end of the game and then the players surrounding coach -- never saw him so I don't know if he was a participant at the trophy ceremony or not.
                  At the ceremony, he had his ankle wrapped in ice-- I believe it was his right, but it was a quick glimpse I got.

At Thanksgiving dinner, Carl told me that EO was in his room nursing his ankle, but thought he'd be okay. I took the "but" statement to be "team speak" as opposed to a medical opinion.

That all transpired in Cancun at 9:00 p.m. Thursday.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Hey, uhh, any news on Orukpe?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      Hey, uhh, any news on Orukpe?
                      He's a major presence in the paint
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        He's a major presence in the paint
                        Thanks sub. :) I'm actually wondering if there is any word on the ankle.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Thanks sub. :) I'm actually wondering if there is any word on the ankle.
                          He has two
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• That's a relief

Comment

• He's out of the walking boot but still not practicing.

Comment

• Probably wont get a lot of minutes then if he plays at all. Oh well. At least he's out of the boot... Shouldn't be too much longer I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X