No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehimen has made great strides and last night was nice to see. I'm actually excited to see him get more PT down the road. Not sure how much he'll play Saturday unless there's foul trouble, but there are teams and games in which he could get a lot of solid minutes to continue his progression.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He was on the receiving end of a bullet pass which he caught cleanly and put it in. My wife and I just sat there and looked at each other in disbelief. He usually can do one or the other but seldom do both in the same possession. Count us as two happy people to see the improvement.

Comment

• He was on the receiving end of a bullet pass which he caught cleanly and put it in. My wife and I just sat there and looked at each other in disbelief. He usually can do one or the other but seldom do both in the same possession. Count us as two happy people to see the improvement.

Comment

• EO certainly did a lot of nice things on both ends of the court, but one of the more telling plays about his athleticism came after he had one of his shots blocked and BU was able to get a run out off of that. EO was able and willing to bust his rear down court and get involved in the play at the rim on the other end.

Offensively, that little left-handed baby hook and his under-and-up reverse move were really nice.

I remember at least one rebound that he grabbed about a foot above the rim.

In any case he was playing very hard without turning into a foul machine. Hopefully, the trajectory of his learning curve continues on its present path.

Comment

• He has a long way to go, but he is making progress. It will be fun to see where he ends up.

Comment

• Would anyone trade EO for any Bradley player ? or any sCUm player besides Mcd ? or any MSU player besides KW ? or gododumgod ?

Comment

• I've been impressed with EO's defense of the on ball screen. He hedges just enough to keep his own man within reach and uses his 7 1/2' wingspan in a perfectly square defensive stance to prevent the ballhandler from penetrating to the basket until his teammate is able to fight through the screen.

Comment

• I love watching him and I don't think that he is playing above himself, in other words, I don't think that we saw his best game of the season last night by any means. I think that based on his practices, last night was a typical performance provided he gets the same amount of minutes.

His insertion into the game changes the dynamics considerably and to the point that I don't think the other teams are near prepared to deal with him on either end of the court. He is a nasty game changer and I look forward to enjoying more of it.

Comment

• I liked the way he responded on offense after getting his shot blocked (by the MVC's leading shot blocker). He came down next time wanting the ball to take it right back at that guy. Score.

Comment

• Can a throw the big guy a lob just once?
                      The team in Lawrence seems to throw lobs at least a few times a game.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• If that sweet little lefty hook can be a consistent weapon, watch out. He's going to establish position low, if he's able to score half the time, then he's going to be a very valuable asset on both ends. He doesn't have to score a bunch, but if he can be a big enough threat, we're good to go.

He's looking a lot more comfortable and confident and that's only going to increase with more time on the court.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          Can a throw the big guy a lob just once?
                          The team in Lawrence seems to throw lobs at least a few times a game.
                          That's because they don't guard like they do in the MVC.
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 29, 2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Step away from the ledge, son.

Comment

• Taken from Bradleyfans.com

"#21 for WSU is raw, but that might be the biggest (muscle mass to height ratio wise) valley player I have ever seen."
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Taken from Bradleyfans.com

"#21 for WSU is raw, but that might be the biggest (muscle mass to height ratio wise) valley player I have ever seen."
                                I believe Ehimen is getting fairly close to figuring this game out. He'll still have some learning to continue, but he may be pretty close to being a more consistent contributor.

Things are going to get fun!
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X