• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC
      Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      If Garrett can finish strong this year and have a very hard-working summer, let's hope he has a banner Senior year. Nobody knew that Darin Miller would have such "Miller Time" his Senior year and win MVP in the Valley. Thus, stranger things have happened. Garrett should have significant minutes next Season and he will make the best of it.

As far as EO, he is playing behind 4 solid players. Coach Marshall knows the potential of EO and works him hard. If AE would have had a redshirt Season, than EO's minutes would have increased, maybe by quite a bit. Thus, we play to win each game and EO will get a fair shake and I hope he surprises all of us with solid production before he graduates.
      I'm assuming you mean Paul Miller, not Darin. Guys, I'm telling you Garrett is just too slow to reach the kind of ceiling you believe he has. I think he is a nice player, but not to the extent of Miller. Posters can draw comparisons all they want in this case. Garrett is just too soft in the areas that a big man needs to own the court...sorry!!!
      To each his own; I believe GS has a good chance as being as good as Paul Miller during his senior season. PM wasn't a god; he was a good MVC player - did not make the NBA. I don't think anyone is making GS out to be a god either - just a good MVC center. He will have just as much chance or more than PM of playing professionally - he is a couple of inches taller. That can make a "big" difference.

Now - on with the season and LET'S GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• ...and this thread continues...and it's not all hype. A lot of these posts aren't even about EO. :)

Comment

• I just wish GS would play like a seven footer, not always guard & run in the post in a hunched over position. Posture, posture, posture.

Comment

• The devil did not make me do it---why it was that Mulligan!!! Where is that Mulligan!!!!!!!

7 minutes for EO last night, playing behind 4 solid bigs all Season. We are with you all the way :poster_eo: :drum: Keep working, listening, and give it your all. Your best days will come and we will be cheering for you. The Shocker crowd loves you, SN digs you, and you rock!!!!!!! Bring it!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Either Kennedy of Dahl last night said in the postgame that he thought EO would be playing regularly on most other teams in the Valley and those teams would be happy to have his defense and athleticness.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                Either Kennedy of Dahl last night said in the postgame that he thought EO would be playing regularly on most other teams in the Valley and those teams would be happy to have his defense and athleticness.
                Idk. I watched him and was hoping to see anything from him for the minutes he was in, of course it would have helped that the walk-ons would not come in hunting their shots and actually tried to get the ball inside.

Comment

• When he stretches those wings out on defense, your jaw just drops, you get all giddy inside, and start daydreaming about "what if this kid goes to big man camp".

If he has "just" the learning curve of Troy Mack, Aaron Ellis, or God have mercy on our competitions' souls Paul Miller -- just one single break out year -- it has the potential to be legendary.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Originally posted by im4wsu
                    Either Kennedy of Dahl last night said in the postgame that he thought EO would be playing regularly on most other teams in the Valley and those teams would be happy to have his defense and athleticness.
                    Idk. I watched him and was hoping to see anything from him for the minutes he was in, of course it would have helped that the walk-ons would not come in hunting their shots and actually tried to get the ball inside.
                    I think that's true, but they did get inside some as Walker did manage to get his 3 inside shots swatted away. However, I was hoping that EO would have been more aggressive demanding the ball as he played a lot outside the post and on the opposite side of the ball. Would have been nice seeing him slam one on Carmichael.

Comment

• EO does play with alot more poise than he did less than a year ago. He had some of the most ugly free throw shooting attempts since Henry Carr. His shot still leaves alot to be desired but the young man has progressed 10 fold from last year.

Comment

• I think Walker leads the nation in shots blocked per minute. :D
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I don't read too much into end of game, mop up performances. It is extremely difficult to sit there for 1.5 hours and then show your best in that situation. Five guys that come off the bench cold usally equates to some ugly basketball. Watching him pre-game, I see improvement. Hard work this summer will bring smiles to our faces next year.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I remember one time he got the ball on the block on the east side of the lane. He backed his guy down with a dribble pretty effectively. The defender was cutting off the baseline dunk, so Orukpe took a little hook in the lane.

It missed, but he was effective dribbling and moving his defender back toward the basket. I didn't notice his ability to do either a year ago - or even earlier this season.

If he ever learns that he can beat his defender to the basket along the baseline, just that move should be worth double-digit scoring. Orukpe is either quicker or has longer legs than almost any defender he's going to encounter. Either the quickness or the legs can be used to beat a defender to the hoop.

I have a feeling that by the time he's a Sr, there are going to be a lot of post defenders still defending the block when Orukpe is already between the defender and the basket.

Stutz has some of the best fundamentals I've seen in a big guy. Orukpe has a lot of good instructors and examples to learn from.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Gregg has a designated "big man" assistant and who that might be?
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash
                                Does anyone know if Gregg has a designated "big man" assistant and who that might be?
                                I am pretty sure it is Coach Gross.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X