Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoulStar
    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_8559/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ba4FBF5W
    ...Linzy Davis, who runs Team Georgia Elite, a high-level AAU program in Atlanta. Davis has turned the recruitment of African players into something of a specialty - developing crucial relationships, learning the ins and outs of local customs, becoming an expert on visa approval, which might be the most important step in the process.
    Is there any doubt that Coach Marshall and staff are on a first name basis with this gentleman?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• 1500 replies :yahoo: :wsu_posters:
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Is anyone else excited about the prospect of having EO here?

Didn't think so :D
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          Is anyone else excited about the prospect of having EO here?

Didn't think so :D
          Who?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• He should be here in Aug. for "High Intensity" Camp. He will sign with the Shocks in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
              He should be here in Aug. for "High Intensity" Camp. He will sign with the Shocks in November.
              Giddy up, Cowboy!

Staring EO... :D

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Could someone explain what the high intensity camp inAugust is all about and who else might be here.

Comment

• Camps

I can't comment on the high intensity camps in August, but I can provide something on a different camp. I went to the scrimmage yesterday. I thot it was at 4:30 PM, but it turned out to be at 7 PM. While sitting around at 4:30 PM, I ran across a guy who is running a camp in July with PJ Cousinard. This camp will be held at the Sunrise Academy.

Comment

• Re: Camps

Originally posted by xazshox
                    I can't comment on the high intensity camps in August, but I can provide something on a different camp. I went to the scrimmage yesterday. I thot it was at 4:30 PM, but it turned out to be at 7 PM. While sitting around at 4:30 PM, I ran across a guy who is running a camp in July with PJ Cousinard. This camp will be held at the Sunrise Academy.
                    You met D-Fish, who thinks Marshall could be fired next year because he hasn't been able to develop talent or recruit local players.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      You met D-Fish, who thinks Marshall could be fired next year because he hasn't been able to develop talent or recruit local players.
                      What a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                        Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                        What a joke!
                        agreed

Comment

• With the high intensity camp, it appears the Shocks are going to have what most teams call a 2nd elite camp. Many programs have another elite camp in the late summer. I could be wrong on this but it seems like some school threw together a 3rd elite camp last year.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Camps

WU shizzle, regarding your comment abotut D-Fish yesterday, I was not able to respond until now having gone out of town overnight. I wud say the tenor of our conversation was not as you described DJ. What I said regarding local recruiting was that Marshall just got here and many times, players start getting thots about where they want to go to college several years before they graduate from high school. He agreed with that. I also went on to say that Marshall had a good rep back east having coached there, so he naturally went with recruiting players for the time being that he had perhaps developed a relationship with over time.

I went on to agree with him that it is very important for WSU and Marshall to recruit players from this area. The way we left it was that he & Cooz will be working on players that attend their camp at Sunrise with the hopes of their someday playing at WSU. That includes the big Nigerian there, RA.

DJ is an interesting guy. His mother is Barry Sanders mother's sister! Barry's dad, Willie, and I were in the same class at North HIgh, 1956.

Comment

WU shizzle, regarding your comment abotut D-Fish yesterday, I was not able to respond until now having gone out of town overnight. I wud say the tenor of our conversation was not as you described DJ. What I said regarding local recruiting was that Marshall just got here and many times, players start getting thots about where they want to go to college several years before they graduate from high school. He agreed with that. I also went on to say that Marshall had a good rep back east having coached there, so he naturally went with recruiting players for the time being that he had perhaps developed a relationship with over time.

I went on to agree with him that it is very important for WSU and Marshall to recruit players from this area. The way we left it was that he & Cooz will be working on players that attend their camp at Sunrise with the hopes of their someday playing at WSU. That includes the big Nigerian there, RA.

DJ is an interesting guy. His mother is Barry Sanders mother's sister! Barry's dad, Willie, and I were in the same class at North HIgh, 1956.
                              I'm sure in person he would moderate his opinions and under scrutiny, he may acknowledge that he doesn't have the full story when it comes to HCGM and AJ Hawkins.

But these are his words not mine:

Originally posted by D-Fish
                              Yeah, no one wants to *$%& with Coach Marshall...more then likely Coach Marshall will get fired this year because his lack of progress. Has great players (played with the new recruits this summer at the arena) and can't seem to coach them.

i.e.: lol, A.J. Hawkins. I guess he thought the Valley was a joke, but we had a conversation and I think he went public with this. He stated: "I can score when ever I want, but I didn't come to Wichita State for that, I came to play defense, when I am called to score, I'll take the game over."

A.J. can't really hoop! Foreal Foreal! (My opinion!)
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• And that's why most of us can't/won't take him too seriously.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X